War For Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite In-Hand Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by computron179, Dec 16, 2020.

1. computron179

computron179 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Screencaps gallery:

Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (1).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (2).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (3).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (4).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (5).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (6).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (7).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (8).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (9).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (10).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (11).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (12).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (13).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (14).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (15).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (16).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (17).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (18).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (19).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (20).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (21).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (22).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (23).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (24).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (25).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (26).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (27).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (28).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (29).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (30).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (31).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (32).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (33).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (34).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (35).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (36).jpg Kingdom Deluxe Ractonite (37).jpg

oh wow!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    His lack of even one hand is a bummer, otherwise I love him!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm still not certain about Fossilizers.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

It's so strange to me that they canceled two of the fossilizers and made one of the remaining ones incapable of becoming armor, thus making only two figures that actually use the gimmick. Why'd they even make a fossilizer that lacks the central gimmick of fossilizers, anyway?

• Like Like x 1
  5. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    There's one more Deluxe Fossilizer coming, Wingfinger, who will be able to split into weapons. The Deluxe ones can, the Core ones can't.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Oh right, the one everyone was speculating about being Terrorsaur (or being retooled into Terrorsaur) way back. Completely forgot about him.

7. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Smokie's #1 Guy

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  8. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

The lack of any hands is a big negative. Even if it's a stupid-looking hand, at least Paleotrex can hold things. But other than that, I like it. I do prefer the weird transformation they had in the shots for the first reveal, though, with the arm sticking through the Styracosaurus mouth rather than it sitting on the shoulder.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  9. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Personally, the fact he doesn't have any real hands really doesn't phase me. I think that someone can fan-mode him to give him a second hand in the form of his Styracosaurus head. Sure, it might be heavy, but he is n̶i̶c̶e̶ mean looking. He also has a bit of a battle mask going on like Paleotrex.

• Like Like x 2
  10. just a transformers fan

just a transformers fan Daft Punk will forever be missed

DANG BOI HE THICC

• Like Like x 2
  11. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Why would anybody think a skeleton that separates into pieces would become terrorsaur? Even if they made him organic there's no way terrorsaur would transform by separating into a load of pieces. Makes no sense to speculate that

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Love it, can’t wait for this. I’m hoping we can see some combinations with Paleotrex soon.

13. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Beats me. I guess people were just desperate for Terrorsaur.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Looking really cool in dino mode. I'm hoping for a retooled dino head as a Triceratops down the road. Styracosaurus is cool too but the more ceratopsians the merrier.

16. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

This is such an odd concept, it is very much not for me. I cannot imagine how they decided upon this play pattern for a Beast Wars homage, of all things, as it doesn't fit that well, it doesn't fit Generations as a whole well (Generations being a collector-focused series doesn't tend to use spring-loaded missiles or other play patterns focused on bringing younger children into a line), it doesn't fit the aesthetic being hollow bones without a robotic element inside or around it, it's just so incredibly odd. It feels like an unrelated toy line grafted onto Transformers via the already shaky weaponizers/modulators concept, not quite as awkwardly as Animorphs perhaps, but still an oddball.

That said, I do like that this figure is putting the "knight" in Ractonite. If he had hands proper, that might have gotten me to buy this during a good sale where the others so far haven't done anything at all for me.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Ricardo Dawkins

Ricardo Dawkins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    bunch of bones... Where is INFERNO ?

• Like Like x 2
  18. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My only two real issues with this guy are the red eyes in dino mode and the lack of hands. I really like how Paleotrex has no eyes, opting instead for a much more accurate hollow area. I would have preferred a similar hollow area on Ractonite’s skull or dark paint to give that illusion. Also, even though Paleotrex doesn’t technically have hands either, his claws combined with the peg at the end sort of create a hand like appendage. Ractonite’s hand ending in just a peg just seems wrong. If they could have similarly engineered the claws to flip down and form a rudimentary hand, I would have been okay with it.

19. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    The reveal "mistransformation" is totally possible, since the 2 connections inside the skull are 5mm pegs. Toss the directions in a box and build this guy the way you want ! :) 

OMG i love both of these deluxe fossilizers so much! So new and creative, but still compatible with the established gimmick from the past 2 lines! I was going to hard pass on all beasties, then I saw these fossilizers... There's gonna be bones hanging out with the bots on the shelf!

20. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    And I have realized something else about the Fossilizers. Each of them has a theme to them. Paleotrex is all about him being a skeleton. His Battle Mask is a skeleton mask, his proportions are tall and lanky, and overall he is extremely basic and "bare-bones".
    [​IMG] (err err err err)
    Meanwhile, Ractonite really has the Black Knight aesthetic. In fact, Ractonite might be a pun. It combines "Styracosaurus", "Tonight (spelled like Tonite)", and "Knight".
    Meanwhile, all of them have medieval weaponry as their weapon modes. Paleotrex becomes a mace, a battle axe, and a short sword. Meanwhile Ractonite becomes a mace, a sword, and a shield. The beafier Ractonite and the skinner Paleotrex really compliment each other. In fact, for those who hate the fact that "Oh, Ractonite has no real hands," the fact he has 5 mm posts for his hands makes him have the ability to utilize Paleotrex's arms (as long as they attach via a port on Paleotrex's arms) and other parts, like his left shoulder in axe mode. They are basically Wario and Waluigi.
    Though, I can see his torso being used as the torso in a combined mode.
    Yeah. And fun fact: they are actually called "cerotopsids."
    Personally, it feels like a gimmick from back then. There were some Fossil-based Transformers in the Transformers Generations Deluxe Guidebook.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, it's a thing you can do, if you want to do it. You have options with how you want to display it, and as always options... are good.

• Like Like x 1