War for Cybertron: KINGDOM Appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Jul 16, 2020.

1. ghostyurei

ghostyurei Our race was a peaceful one once...

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that. I was just now transforming my Megs and thinking to myself how fiddly the parts for the hip and waist are and how easy it is to apply too much pressure to the joints when trying to uncouple the clips.
    I share your concerns.

• Like Like x 1
  2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Watch for waspies

From what I have:
    1. Shockwave. He has the least amount of gaps, also a favorite character.
    2. Ultra Magnus. A great figure, only the feet bring him down a bit.
    3. Astrotrain. An impressive triple changer, I like the armory he comes with.
    4. Beast Megatron. Beautiful, but too fragile to mess with.
    5. Doubledealer. Giant gaps in the leg, bad build, looks good from certain angles though.
    6. Grimlock. Missing teeth, giant gaps in the forearm, no sword...not too happy with this guy. Forgot I had him.
    I don't have the leader Prime mold yet, I suspect he'd be near the top if I did.

• Like Like x 2
  3. St Firebringer

St Firebringer The Office Farter

Shockwave is easily the weakest. I feel like they got stuck with the we-can’t-make-a-gun conundrum, so it was either kibble him up with spaceship bits or make him half weaponizer with a bunch of extra shit. Triple changer Soundwave (ship, tape deck) with Laserbeak, Ravage, Rumble, and Frenzy as a complete set would’ve been so much better!

• Like Like x 4
  4. PixHell

PixHell FLÜGGÅӘNKб€ČHIŒßØLĮÊN

Funny thing is, i was expecting that because even if it was very hard to clip, the rest of the figure seems more than enough solid. But i'm really paranoid. Not just when it comes to collectibles, always.
    A couple examples of the level of paranoia i can reach.
    When i got my two axolotls last month i spent hours only watching on them to be sure they were able to catch live fishes, because i also bought several for that purpose (juvenile gambusia affinis) but i wasn't sure until i've seen the salamanders performing some very dumb-looking yet somehow effective attempt to hunt them down.
    Even now that i know they can hunt i keep feeding them tablets sometimes, just in case.
    Mostly, the tablets end up eaten by snails or fishes.

Also, i started sleeping with a weapon (usually a short blade like a long knife or a machete, sometimes a real katana i used to practice kenjutsu) from the very first night i slept in my old apartment when i left my mother's house at 20, not because i was afraid but because i wanted to be ready just in case someone would've tried to break in.

Long story short, seven years ago or so someone did it.

Luckily, (they were very sweet) the three female dogs i had at the time got them first.
    Unfortunately for the trespassers, my home wasn't at ground level and there was a star connecting my door to the parking lot in front of it, and they were trying to enter from a window that was far from the door and required the two idiots barely balancing on the handrail in order to reach it.
    My dogs were the sweetest possible... But they were also VERY big and they looked intimidating (a Dogo argentino, a Corso cross-breed that looked like an orange Rottweiler and a full black Riesenschnauzer/wild wolf hybrid).
    The two idiots literally fell off of the handrail directly into the parking lot, risked to broke their spine or even to die, but somehow survived and managed to stand up and run away. Pretty sure they broke some minor bones tho.

And yeah, i'm still sleeping with a machete, expecially now my dogs are not here anymore.

I got mine something like two months ago, he felt off of a shelf at least four times and i transformed him probably a hundred times.
    I'm always afraid to break a collectible of course, but so far i trusted him.

Yet, today he broke a side of the back clip, so just to be sure i'll find a way to loosen up the hip joints, which are the only other part i am scared to break (they're not too hard to transform anymore but never say never, i'd like more to have them floppy than broken). I also suggest to shave the clips that connect the torso to the hips in bot mode, it was definitely too hard to unclip them to turn him back in dino mode at first. I literally had to rip his legs and torso apart.
    But since i shaved the clips he's perfect on that area.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I quite like them. I think the shorter guys made up for it with the accessories. Shockwave looks great and I appreciate the wacky design (four arms? C'mon, how can you hate that other than it "isn't G1?")

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ruination20

Ruination20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Kingdom Inferno

INFERNO 15.jpg
    INFERNO 11.jpg
    INFERNO 08.jpg
    INFERNO 19.jpg
    INFERNO 20.jpg

• Like Like x 31
  7. ghostyurei

ghostyurei Our race was a peaceful one once...

News Credits:
    I love Shockwave now that I finally have him, but the price point turned me away for a long time, mainly because I didn’t feel the need to get the Leader stuff for what is essentially a Voyager figure. If they had released a Voyager version as they had with Prime, I would have in a heartbeat at retail. Same with Astrotrain, could have just gotten a Voyager without the crap and been fine.
    Whereas Ultra Magnus, Optimus Prime, or Beast Megatron would be a no-brainer for me.
    The fire is THAT way, Inferno! The other way… Behind you! No, just… just turn around…!

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Instagram:
    Messy shelf pic if the BW figs, need to take actual photos soon.
    C9C4EB0A-C04A-49E1-B446-8160ABA98E34.jpeg

• Like Like x 18
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    curious if anyone has the old machine boy ko upscale of combier wars powerglide and can share a pic of him with Warpath. Would love to see how they size together

10. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

I've decided that I'm holding out for a Studio Series Ultra Magnus, Galvatron, and Rodimus. The Kingdom versions have decent robot modes, but their alt modes could have been a lot better. These are just too expensive to simply be replaced by SS versions within the next 2 or 3 years. I can hold out. Until then, I still have CW Magnus, Energon Galvatron, and Masterpiece Rodimus to fill the void.

11. Dark Starscream

Wow, G1 did it so much better for so much cheaper. Die-cast metal, chrome parts, rubber tires, seats for Diaclone drivers, a car carrier that can actually carry cars, foil decals, a rub sign insignia, spring-loaded missile launchers, not to mention a bio on the back of the box, tech specs, tech spec decoder, a fold-out, full-color gloss catalog of all of the G1 S2-S3 bots and cons for sale, a tiny order form for Reflector, gloss instruction manual that's easy to make out and read... I miss the high quality toys we had back in the day.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So much for appreciation :lol  the g1 one was also a brick with almost no articulation

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Rei III is so my mood

News Credits:
    You do know that SS 86 and kingdom are complementary lines, right?

• Like Like x 6
  14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's unlikely that there'll be a SS version of those 3 anytime in the near future, and judging by the leaks there won't be

• Like Like x 6
  15. Dark Starscream

Kingdom Magnus has the G1 version beat in robot mode, but looks worse at every angle in "car carrier" mode.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dark Starscream

For now. But just wait...

17. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Ya that’s not going to happen. The Kingdom figures are technically the SS figures too. SS86 is just filler because Hasbro had fully designed figures sitting on a shelf and no TF movies to release. So they made SS 86 to keep the SS line alive until a new movie comes out and so they weren’t sitting on completed figures.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dark Starscream

The Kingdom figures are nowhere near the quality of the Studio Series figures.

19. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    They are. As someone who has them in hand. You would be dumb to skip out on Kingdom Cyclonus. He is fantastic and better than SS 86 Scourge. But whatever dude be stubborn we are telling you what SS86 is. Your just going to be sitting and waiting for nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dark Starscream

That's why I said in 2-3 years... Hasbro wants you to buy their Kingdom versions first. They're not going to have a SS86 line and not release Rodimus, Galvatron, and Ultra Magnus.