War for Cybertron: KINGDOM Appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Jul 16, 2020.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'll be sticking to my Siege Magnus. Mostly because I don't feel that the Kingdom Ultra Magnus figure did enough to make himself look different for me to buy him. I was hoping that at least he'd have a new trailer but as it is he's not on my get list for Kingdom. That being said if we DO get a Delta Magnus/Powered Convoy repaint of him from Selects I'll buy that for sure.

2. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

I’ll be sticking with Seige Magnus in WFC lines. If I get an Earth-mode Magnus I’d like one with the proper car carrier trailer.

I’ve actually been considering picking up the CW Ultra Magnus for an Earth-mode version, but he won’t replace Seige which I think has a robot mode that is a good, though not exact homage to the G1 cartoon and toy.

The look of the CW is rather different from G1, (it’s based on the IDW comics version, I believe?) which takes a little getting used to, and I find the head proportionally a bit small, but overall it’s an interesting gangly looking figure with a lot of character. Crucially it has a nice car carrier truck mode. It’s not the squarish Optimus type cab, which I do like, but unless I opt for an original G1 on eBay (and sacrifice the robot mode with something very blocky*) or fork out for the MP, finding one that has the square cab and the right trailer is unlikely. Unless I went third part (there’s a very nice MP type going pretty cheap on ebay) but I don’t want to support KOs. And a different cab style is nice for variety.

Oh and his guns combine into a massive hammer apparently. Cool!

*And I hankered for that figure as a kid. The lorry mode still holds up though.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  3. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    siege

the figures are too similar to buy a second one of..if kingdom came out first i'd stick with kingdom. i like the look of the siege one, i like that it looks a bit like RID magnus, and i have the upgrade for longer legs and an extra set of front wheels so no reason to change. siege is fine as is for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

Just be aware that CW Ultra Magnus can’t hold his guns when not combined for the hammer, that killed the figure for me when I got it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Riddler87

Riddler87 Everything's a puzzle

The more I think about this line the more I'm realizing that this line is perfect for a kid who came along in the late '80s like me. I started collecting during G2 but I still watched the G1 cartoon so I was always a little frustrated because I couldn't get toys of all of the characters that I saw on the show. Probably why I'm so excited for Kingdom Inferno because I had like three of him. So for the past few years, even going back to Combiner Wars, I really feel like I have built up the collection I've always wanted since I was a kid.

However, Beast Wars was the first show that I grew up watching. I didn't feel like I was catching up with something this was a Transformers show for me. So Kingdom is perfect for me because it is allowing me to finish up that G1 collection that I always wanted and start a generations Beast Wars collection at the same time.

I'm really hoping that Kingdom shows Hasbro that the other eras of Transformers have fans too and that maybe we're ready to move on from the 80s characters. I mean at some point that G1 well is going to run dry and they will have to move on from the 80s pop culture to the next decade in the 30-year pop culture cycle.

So don't worry Unicron Trilogy and Animated fans, you'll get your shot, eventually.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Indy2006

Indy2006 Well-Known Member

Were your hands loose? I have mine holding his guns with little issue.

7. Greeman

Greeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So tempted to go in on the pre-order for Primal and Cyclonus CMDstore has. But now I'm paranoid that since I've held out, I actually won't get any of the "first batch" that arrive. Maybe I should just wait and see if they actually come in stock soon, I am still waiting on those Kingdom deluxes.

8. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Partially why beast wars had 0 presence during Prime Wars was because the design team needed to find a good time to update them. You couldn’t retool anyone into a BW character (or something as half assed as the planned Primal TR retool) or vice versa, unless you go to Botcon 16’ levels of “oh no”. With 2021 it’s the right time when BW kids have fully grown up, half the line completely dedicated to BW with original molds it’s practically killing 2 birds with one stone. Warden hating BW is a complete myth.

Fossilizers are a mix of the fact that there weren’t any non show characters that could be translated into a gimmicky form, and ripping apart living dinosaurs and turning them into weapons was too graphic for a kids toyline. Besides, there’s a few repaint ideas on the way.

As someone born in the early 2000s I’m pretty excited too, because Beast Wars is practically uncharted territory for me (Universe Dinobot looked trash, Cheetor was wonky even in stores, and seeing Rhinox and Rattrap in T30 was a weird cop out compared to the rest of the line). I do have MP Blackarachnia but seeing the gang in CHUG form without much deviation is just a cool sight to see.

I have heard that 2 of the three remaining season one people have a decent amount of work put into it, but no specific details yet...

• Like Like x 27
  9. spark crusher

spark crusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im from the late 80s and watched BW as a kid, so im looking forward to having new figures of the characters i grew up with. really hope we get a decent amount of characters. figures look fantastic so far

• Like Like x 1
  10. computron179

computron179 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This reminds me of the disrobed Skeksis
    Chamberlain 20201202_120612(1).jpg "Hmmmmmmmmmm no gelfling am friend yes..."

• Like Like x 16
  11. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve heard of this issue, although I get the impression it differs a bit from figure to figure. I watched emgo’s review of CW Magnus yesterday, and in his case Magnus held the guns fine. Curiously it was the hammer that it held loosely!

Its an issue a few people seem to have though, so it’s obviously an issue with the figure, so I’ll certainly keep this in mind.

Apologies for for waffling on about CW on a Kingdom thread, albeit relating to Kingdom Magnus! And for repeating the word ‘issue’.;) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. computron179

computron179 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skate or Die
    20201205_112903.jpg
    20201205_112641.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  13. loof

loof Pretty Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  14. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

What about Waspinator's getting ripped apart? Actually, it would be cool if he had a feature like Studio 86 Kup and could be dissassembled.

And they could just have kept Weaponizers that are vehicle based. I think part of the reason Fossilizers happened is they realized they could do it, and it'd look really cool.

• Like Like x 3
  15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That does explain a few things. I still wished Hasbro could've at least gave us some 20th anniversary reissues of the Beast era's best molds to celebrate it but Kingdom truly more then makes up for it so I can't really be frustrated.

Glad to hear that we're getting some repainted Fossilizers. They're truly among Hasbro's coolest things to come in years. :D  Helps that they do feel like something the original BW line would've done back in the day.

Good to hear about there's some work done for two of the remaining three S1 Predacons too. This bodes well to completing the S1 collection. :D 

Also have you heard of any plans for us to get a Delta Magnus from Kingdom Ultra Magnus yet?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tigatron01

Tigatron01 Well-Known Member

Kingdom, the head sculpt is glorious

17. Greeman

Greeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Screw it, Ordered it. Even if it's delayed I bet they'll still get it sooner than Hasbro Pulse.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sauce Guy

Sauce Guy Well-Known Member

Has anyone compiled or posted anything about what those golden disk cards are like, along with their variants?

19. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Cleared up some room to make a Kingdom shelf. Off to a great start! EoiBjvNXUAEeQ2P.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  20. BlaminisPrime

BlaminisPrime Nyon Denier

Twitter:
    I just wamt tarantulas man

• Like Like x 3