War for Cybertron: KINGDOM Appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Jul 16, 2020.

1. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

FossilizerCombiner.png

• Like Like x 20
  2. PixHell

PixHell Temp Banned

But they're also very bad Lego knock-offs. If i want something that requires assembly and looks cool, i'm just gonna buy a mega bloks/construx set. I'm out.

3. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

I've been seriously debating getting one. But $200ish is steep for a voyager, especially one with known problems. (everything below the belt)
    If it weren't for that price tag, that would be my Rhinox and I wouldn't even be contemplating the kingdom one.

that being said I'm incredibly torn between the two Rhinox atm.

I like a lot of the detail and molding on the T30 (robot mode head and all of the best mode) but hate how floppy his waist is.

On the flip side the new one does look good and almost guaranteed to be more stable and actually fun to transform and pose, ect... Even some molding chose are more accurate than the T30 (like the chest) but others are less accurate, (the head and green parts of the shoulders) which is so weird. The rest of the BW kingdom figures have all been damn near perfect so far. So why is Rhinox the odd one out?

I'm mostly hung up on the head sculpt of the kingdom Rhinox. T30 is damn near perfect but the Kingdom one only kind of looks like Rhinox at a glace, like they put his design through a G1 filter. Best way I can describe it is that it feels like they "De-Animated" Rhinox's head design.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    If I can just get Kingdom Rhinox, Tigatron, Scorponok and Golden Disk Terrorsaur, I'll be complete!
    DSCN5846.JPG DSCN5847.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  5. Riddler87

Riddler87 Everything's a puzzle

The waist problem with T30 Rhinox is mostly from people transforming him wrong. You actually need the swing the hips up back into the same spot in beast mode after you twist the legs and he holds then there's no issue. As for the knees, you can just use clear fingernail polish or floor polish to tighten the joint and that takes care of that issue.

I really would go with the T30 Rhinox because I think the Kingdom one is just downright hideous if you can find him for a price you are willing to pay. Try the BST section here, that how I got mine a few years ago for around $30 bucks. Today that is starting to seem like the best deal I ever made.

• Like Like x 4
  6. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    After the war, Ractonite found his true calling in...jazz dance.
    jazzrac.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  7. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

I already have the T30 version. Im debating on getting the Takara deco. Mostly trying to decide on if I should skip the kingdom one or not. (im probably gonna get him anyway to just see what hes like in hand before i make a final decision.)

Also I've done all those things, the waist on mine still sucks. (ive experienced in on others too) its not just a mis-transformation issue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    I understand as my priority is Voyager Rhinox and Tigertron to complete beast wars season 1 maximal cast
    Secondary is tracks and pipes

• Like Like x 4
  9. Riddler87

Oh then I must have really lucked out on mine. I guess I really shouldn't replace it then because I have one of the better T30 Rhinox.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    combiner.jpg

Didn't plan to get Ractonite, but after son saw the combiner mode with Wingfinger, then picked him up at the store.

• Like Like x 9
  11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Do any of you recommend the 3rd party Cheetor guns?

• Like Like x 1
  12. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope they release official instructions for the combined form.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DiaMaru

DiaMaru ......

The more I look at Rhinox, the more I wish there was some amalgamation between it and the T30 one. He still looks fine and good but there’s just something every so slight off about him which is slightly disappointing since he ended up being a surprise favorite Beast Wars character of mine. Oh well.

Anyways the colors on Netflix Cheetor are gorgeous (I guess it goes here?)
    9E6B2063-EDE4-4A21-84A8-DB75BFD19A3B.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  14. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    I think kingdom rhinox head looks off

• Like Like x 4
  15. Deadends Meds

Deadends Meds Yup

So, Kingdom is OK ...

20210408_094111.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  16. Riddler87

According to the post from BlackHawkOmega on this thread:I'm drunk and from leak squad, I quit it and here it is on a throwaway

there is probably going to be a Tarantulas figure coming out in 2022 and if the rumors about Terrorsaut pan out then Inferno is the last one that isn't at least rumored at this time. However if the 2022 line is going to be a "mix it up" line with characters from a few different parts of the franchise like the old Universe line or the Thrilling 30, I would say there's a good chance for Inferno at some point.

It's mainly the round things on the side of his head making his head look wider, rounder, and squatter than it should.

Also while I'm at it, why give his rhino head red eyes? Now he just looks like he's just been brainwashed by Megatron in the episode "Dark Designs".

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  17. decepticonaiden

decepticonaiden Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    After doing a little experiment, I have determined that the WFC Leaders ARE A COMPLETE SCAM!!!!1111!!!1! On average, WFC Leaders are 2 GRAMS LIGHTER THAN PRIME WARS LEADERS!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE HASBLOW WOULD BE SO LAZZZY AND CHEAP!!!!!!111!!1

Ok, in all seriousness, I was really curious, so I compared the masses of the six WFC Leaders (plus 86 Grimlock) to the masses of the five Prime Wars leaders I own. My findings were that the average mass of the WFC Leaders was approximately 306 g, while the PW Leaders had an average mass of 308 g. These measurements were of the figures plus all the accessories they include (So, for example, Astrotrain had his tender and guns, Grimlock had his gun and Wheelie, so on and so forth). As such, we are, in fact, not getting less in terms of plastic. This isn't taking into account whether people will be using the accessories or not, as that will vary from person to person (I personally don't display some of these figures with all their accessories, but I do tend to use them quite often when messing around with my figures). Modern leaders are also less hollow, more posable, and have more paint and complex transformations, which is another area that budget is going into (in fact, I'd be willing to bet that, since we're getting approximately the same amount of plastic, that's where a lot of the increased price is going, outside of simple inflation and increases in oil prices). So, all that's left is the actual size of the figures. Yes, modern leaders are much shorter than more traditional leaders (although, they do seem to be increasing in size). However, I'll be honest, I personally wouldn't want many of the modern leaders to be the size of classic leaders. For one, it would completely mess with the scale. Certain characters like Shockwave and Optimus make sense as voyagers. Also, while they aren't as big, we are getting more interesting features. Both Kingdom and Siege Magnus are the first Magnus' since G1 to be an armoured up white Optimus Prime, which is awesome!! Kingdom Megatron, while falling on the taller and heavier side of the scale, has amazing scultpwork and near perfect posability in his tyrannosaurus rex mode, something that requires some creative engineering to pull off. Admittedly, many of the Prime Wars Leaders did try to do some creative things, such as all of the PotP Leaders doing a similar thing to Magnus, Overlord being a duocon, or the simple existence of Sixshot. However, in my opinion, the PW Leaders felt very lackluster in their execution. Sixshot is, imo, the worst TR leader, not really locking together in any mode and barly being able to stand up. The PotP leaders were very inelegant in their execution, making sacrifices in every mode for the the gimmick. And, again imo, the transformations were extremely basic, forgoing the whole puzzle aspect of Transformers.

Admitedly, this was a bit of a biased experiment and examination. I am extremely fond of the WFC leaders, and feel that they are so much better than the PW Leaders. I would have loved to repeat this with older Leaders, but unfortunately all I had was an incomplete DotM Sentinel. However, when one really looks at all of the data, it's hard to say that modern leaders are worse than older leaders. The only real argument that stands is that their smaller, but I honestly feel that older leaders' height was a large part of their downfall, taking a lot of budget away from paint and engineering. I think what people who complain about the size of modern leaders need to look at all the other benefits that comes with that decrease in size. Modern leaders are simply more fun and interesting (also, let's be honest, if they were the original leader size, a lot of those same people would complain that they're too big and don't scale with the rest of the line).

So, all in all, I feel that modern leaders are superior in pretty much every way. However, feel free to disagree with me! Please have a discussion with me! I would love to hear other points of view and potentially broaden my views.

Find below my experimental data

Shockwave: 216 g

Siege Magnus: 351 g

Astrotrain: 294 g

Optimus: 258 g

Kingdom Megatron: 334 g

Kingdom Magnus: 356 g

Grimlock: 335 g

Average mass: 306.285714286 g (306 g)

CW Starscream: 262 g

TR Soundwave: 326 g

Sixshot: 308 g

Overlord: 317 g

PotP Rodimus: 331 g

Average mass: 308.8 g (308 g)

• Like Like x 8
  18. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I think between being underwhelmed by Megatron, hearing about QC issues with Airazor's wings, and now seeing what Rhinox looks like, I think I've kinda started to lose interest in the Kingdom line.

I donno...Might still pick up the rest of the Fossilizers...That being Ractonite and Wingfiger.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Sorry, I just look very gouda. That was cheesy.

20210410_012636.jpg
    d1g8irq-1396c669-8152-4253-933b-f448c3a2630b.jpg
    "Alas, we hardly knew him."
    The art is from an unreleased Dreamwave issue.

• Like Like x 13
  20. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Instagram:
    4CB57328-25C2-4562-B8D6-86AB40A693AE.jpeg

• Like Like x 17