War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    Select Exhaust since hasbro had ER wheeljack.

• Like Like x 6
  2. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I get my Smolder update and a Battlemaster Chopster and you got yourself a deal.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I’m going to float something I’ve thought that may be unpopular or may not.

Hasbro is never going to do a straight version of Exhaust IMHO because:

A. The Marlboro connection.
    B. He’s too close to Wheeljack’s color scheme.

I think Slicer should absorb Exhaust’s more unique features.

So Slicer would have a Diaclone style head taken from Exhuast and the 598 racing number and the double shoulder guns from Diaclone Marlboro Wheeljack.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Proxima Omicron

Proxima Omicron Well-Known Member

I second that
    an Undertow would be great aswell

• Like Like x 4
  5. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

why stop there? let's get an undertow, icepick, sledge, just everyone! let's get everyone, even you double clutch!

• Like Like x 4
  6. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Smashdown is a repack from Siege as he was very hard wo find, many people complained to Hasbro and asked for a rerelease etc

Will ER still have traditional Battle Masters? Or will they more so be ramp people? Perhaps a mixture of both?

And do Modulators mean that we won't get Wraponizer versions of Leobreaker, Wing Saber or Overload?

7. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

-That's Great to know Smashdown is getting re-released in Earthrise. Heck it be kinda great if they re-release some of battlemasters from siege in some way. Maybe the Micromasters as individual 1-pack releases. Maybe they could bring back tiny tins with those.

-On the topic of Battlemasters, i'm guessing they could make traditional battlemasters. It would be interesting if the do the old school targetmasters. Maybe some Minicons based on the Transformers Armada Videogame or some Power Core Combiner Minicons, but that's wishful thinking on my part.

-I have a hunch Modulators will be mostly based on the micromaster bases. Hoping the would do Unicron Trilogy Characters with this format. And maybe have some Modulators come with a Battle/Micromaster partner in later waves.

8. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    I think Tidal Wave remains a strong possibility somewhere as he’s based on a G1 MM base.

Still plenty of Targetmasters left to do! I feel like Nightstick is a big priority for an update as Ricochet and Cyclones’ partner.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I want to say: One can only despair.
    But even I want a new Sunstreaker, Tracks, Warpath, and Inferno.
    But I hope the'll put those guys to rest for a few years afterwards and continue updating the post 87 characters.

And Slicer :) 

• Like Like x 2
  10. MrSoundmeister

Hmmm... Tidal Wave would be an great choice for the size class, Though i wonder. What would the commander class figure be in this line if that's the case?

Slicer would be an easy ER Wheeljack redeco. Especially since they could just put him in an later wave or part of a multi pack.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I really hope they use the full redeco potential of every figure they are releasing in these lines.
    We need Detritus, Exhaust, Slicer, Armada Wheeljack from Sideswipe, Inferno, Artfire...
    Who else?

• Like Like x 2
  12. butz

butz slippery when wet

Cliffjumper into Hubcap? And at least about half a dozen different recolors from Cliffjumper. I don't care if they're all full deluxe price, I'd try to get them all.

• Like Like x 2
  13. RLRazorback

RLRazorback "I like to play...'

Ebay:
    If they do a new Warpath, it better blow the Generations one out of the water, because that's one of my favorite figures.

• Like Like x 4
  14. MrSoundmeister

Diaclone Yellow Trailbreaker from Hoist (Second toy-accurate alternative head. That's if Hasbro makes an extra head along with Show Accurate Trailbreaker.) And Lift-ticket (With Cline from Soundbarrier.)

It would be a hard one to top. Unless they figure out a way to make it work.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I really want that one.

16. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    Hoist has a ton of redeco potential.

Cannonball, Offroad, Cybertron Red Alert, Car Robots Ironhide, Diaclone homages, movie Longarm,

Enough redeco potential that I hope they actually do some meaningful retooling for Trailbreaker because both could get decent redecos.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

So we have some sort of rumor about a ER commander class skylynx but how would that function? Would skylynx be two “old leader” sized figures that combine into one commander sky lynx or would the lynx be sold separately from the sky chicken, I am bored and thought this would be interesting to discuss

• Like Like x 3
  18. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the tension over near confirmation of commander (not Titan) class Sky lynx. I'm sure everyone will respond very reasonably.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

They misspelled commander class big motorvator, hastak will PAY with BLOOD.
    Mate, is a space shuttle with a block glued to the bottom really that big enough to Be in the same size class of dudes that turn into cities? I just hope he isn’t a pain to display

• Like Like x 3
  20. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I personally dont see how Commander could work for Sky Lynx unless each halve itself is sold as a Commander. 20191005_023836.jpg

Sky Lynx is Predakings rival, in the cartoon they were on par size wise and Sky Lynx was MUCH bigger than Jetfire.
    20191005_023720.jpg

It's their IP and they can do with it as they please, its possible they could make him a very LARGE Commander someone as to bring him closer to being able to rival Predaking.
    20191005_023827.jpg

It seems very odd to break scale on such a grandios character and right when the set started back in Thrilling 30 is near complete, every Titan so far has had their rival, Predaking needs his and then the set will be complete. They can break scale if they want, it's just not what we've seen in WFC when it comes to original molds, popular characters, unattached characters etc.
    20190904_200342.jpg MMC there is used as an example of the Proper scale. I know some say that Hasbro doesnt care about scale yadayada but every WFC figure so far has been near perfectly scaled aside from the obvious limitations outlined above etc.

Well just have to wait and see.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5