War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The letters unscramble as “Drone”.

• Like Like x 1
  2. butz

butz slippery when wet

Is there any reason to believe that the micromaster bases will be limited to the deluxe size, like Ironworks? Could they do something larger? Maybe even a huge base, like a large version of the old rocket base or something?

• Like Like x 1
  3. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @catz has stated that the Micromaster bases are currently only at the deluxe size, however if they prove popular I can definitely see us getting more in the next part of WfC or likely in the next trilogy.

Countdown coming with Omega Supreme is a hint I think that the rocket base isn’t currently planned though, as at that size you’d be able to include a Micromaster & it’d have made sense to hold Countdown back for that toy otherwise.

Personally I think it’s a missed opportunity for Hasbro not repainting Omega into the blue Omega Sentinel colours for his Earthrise rerelease. It’d not only be a character who was in the cartoon but also a troop builder (for those with enough money!), a homage to Countdown’s rocket base and possibly a reason for those who bought Omega in Siege to pick up his repaint for Earthrise (similarly a purple & white ‘toy deco’ or black ‘early G1 Japanese release’ Astrotrain running change/repaint for his Earthrise release would have been a good move too)

4. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He’s about at the right price point for an SDCC release. I could see the Sentinel deco there. This year, Omega wasn’t ready and Ecto-35 filled that role. It makes sense to me for a summer/fall con item in 2016.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Grapple35

Grapple35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Toy deco Astrotrain will be a Selects release like grey Shockwave and toy deco Reflector. Omega Sentinel could be for SDCC.

I am thinking Trailbreaker or Tracks will be next year's Walgreens exclusive, Inferno will be in Earthrise Wave 3 and Hubcap will be in Selects.

6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Technically toy refraktor wasn’t a selects release, it was supposed to be a hascon exclusive

7. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really pumped that we are getting Runamuck (& presumably Runabout). I was bummed out when I started collecting, & realized that all the figures of the Battlechargers were pricey exclusives. They will be pre-ordered as soon as possible.

I am really curious about their engineering. It was mentioned in an interview that they are working on having 2 wheels on each foot; has that ever been done before for a car bot (excluding the g1 toys of course)? I really don't see how they will make that work. If they do get it to work though, that opens up the door for new Throttlebots, who are way overdue for updates.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Personally I’d be just fine seeing cliffjumper retooled for chase, freeway and searchlight since he already kinda has that throttlebot Backpack. wideload and rollbar would probably have to be original molds without some option of retool black magic, there’s already a ton of repaint options for cliff so either or is fine with me.
    Besides how do to retool a dump truck and a Jeep out of a long car

• Like Like x 2
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Warpath already has a universally praised deluxe class toy. But it seems the legends scale is out, so I'll take what I can get.
    Hopefully. There is no reason to release them in the mainline, so hopefully they will release them in GC so that those retail spots are free for Targetmasters and Headmasters.

10. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I agree that the existing version is awesome, but it’s badly starting to show its age these days. That being said I’d be stoked if Hasbro pulled an ER Starscream with that toy and modernised it.

11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    That warpath was also released almost a decade ago and regularly sells for at least triple its original retail

• Like Like x 6
  12. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

You were released almost 2 decades ago and you probably sell for more than the original retail price >:[

I’d be fine with they did the Er starscream treatment with warpath mainly because when I got my generations warpath the balljoint twisted itself off when I tried to move the legs, the balljoint was so fucking tight....and I wasted 30 bucks on him...

13. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Which puts it way out of my budget. Hence why I wouldn't mind a new Deluxe Warpath.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    What has that got to do with anything?
    By that logic it's high time for Fangry to get a deluxe class toy.
    Which it is imo.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

It’s more the fact that kids probably need a new warpath that they can get their hands on since he is a...classicish character? By this logic you should have a new deluxe class toy. And yea, fangry should definitely get a new figure of him. Shouldn’t everyone be able to get thier favorite classic characters even if they are too dumb to use eBay?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Nobody has said that fangry shouldn’t get a toy. You really need to stop putting words into people’s mouths, makes it look like you’re trying to start an argument. Saying warpath has a good enough figure is bs because that figure hasn’t been available, except on the aftermarket, for nearly 10 years. I guess the majority of siege shouldn’t have been released because they had figures that were good enough right?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Well if it's for our kids I'm all for it :) 
    I'll take a new Warpath myself in the new not quite deluxe but not quite legends size class.
    But I don't see why a decade old toy that most people have ought to be replaced with a most probably near identical design at a similar size.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Preferences I guess? The figure breaking after you just bought it for 30 bucks? It’s all just subjective I guess? Why don’t you want a new warpath? It leads to a selects action master treadshot!

Speaking of figures that could open the door for late 80s repaints. If we get a new lockdown in the mercenaries faction thingy. This could lead to both action master axer and circuit to get new toys in selects!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I certainly wouldn't mind a proper Earth mode Non-H-tank warpath TBH!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Warpath never really got a proper legends class update either, I kind of want to see both at some point?

Now that the battle chargers are coming, what about proper throttle bots team?

• Like Like x 3