War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

What are you talking about? I’ve seen several rectangle plank airplanes through out my entire life. Not to mention strange chunky tanks
    Earth mode brunt when (id love to see more Early idw esc designs, taking older deisgns and changing them to reflect a different environment to blend in)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Double dealer would also have a voyager sized missile too though, unless he didn’t take his pills, then it might be smaller :p 

• Like Like x 4
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    You can't prove a thing.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Well “legally” they’ve had a red spot pointed on my forehead for a couple of weeks now....hopefully someday they’ll get rid of the restraining order warden’s got on me

• Like Like x 3
  5. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Loving this thread today. Good thoughts and good humour.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Proxima Omicron

Proxima Omicron Well-Known Member

So, I had a thought about that Commander class that compliments Omega
    Imma throw an oddball idea out and say it could be an Energon style wing saber? they compliment eachother by being at one point, upgrades for optimus in the series
    Or maybe it could be a new Devastator, as they are enemies in G1 and the commander class is CW combiner height (this is way more of a stretch)
    Or it could be a tidal wave, they are both carriers in some way, and they both have strong ties to their respective faction leaders, and he could include a micromaster in the style of Ramjet, but if they do the Conehead then he may need a new name, like Crashjet (Plus it would be better to have a decepticon titan and commander class this time)

That Blue armored car makes me think less double dealer and more Groundshakers Micromaster base, as he has a micromaster in the 10 pack, and his base was a six wheeled blue armored car
    Double dealer is more Teal and a treaded rocket vehicle, im thinking he might be a remold/repaint from another character in a special pack with two micromasters for his partners

Now, those recent hints of figures:
    I would strongly agree to it being a junkion pack, as Detrius has been shown before in the TCG, and he is a merc so this works well
    The voyager Mudflap seems likely, but im leaning more towards it being a Conehead, more specifically, Dirge or ramjet, they seem to be quite similar in wing designs, so they would go for an easy repaint there, while thrust becomes a Selects figure as he needs some remolding for his wings

• Like Like x 1
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    G1DoubleDealer_Toy.jpg
    So this guy has been massively misdealt in the fictional portrayal department.
    Simon Furman portrayed him as a one-trick pony once in the 80's and another time in the noughties.
    That's it. He could have such a cool arc though if someone put some effort into it.

Powermaster Doubledealer was one of the Transformers toys I had as a kid and I loved him to bits.

He has a cool deco, two awesome alt modes and an imposing robot mode.
    This guy could be up there with Overlord as a late G1 character that suddenly got famous. Come on, IDW.2. You can do it.

And get this guy a faithful update as a WFC Leader, Hasbro. Because you know every kid loves a giant condor with a huge missile between his legs.

It'd be like two lullabies in an ancient tongue.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Bah, it’s gonna be big motorvator since he compliments omega by giving him motovational speeches and being nice to the guy so he can live his life without his friends the constructions
    In all seriousness maybe it’s a commander class omega spreem who compliments omega by...being omega? And being like a hybrid double homage of energon omega and mr spreem
    Or hell what about a commander class robosmasher with an actual bot mode?

• Like Like x 4
  9. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Triple liking this for

a)righteousness
    b)KC reference
    c)powerful imagery in the penultimate line

Kudos.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Def compliments Omega plus its Countdowns base. 800px-CountdownToy.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. SideswipeFriend2005

SideswipeFriend2005 Mirror Universe Counterpart

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Why blaster? we already have the literal perfect chug blaster in TR, why would he need to be downsized to voyager if he consistently shows himself to be huge?

• Like Like x 2
  12. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    However, Catz noted his surprise about the Modulator reveals and later confirmed the Commander wasn't any sort of Micro base.

(It's fricking Sky Lynx. I'm sorry. I know there's going to be tears and bloodshed. But it's Sky Lynx)

Shit. I'm actually going to be the one to get the scale chart out? Can we do this privately? I feel kinda sordid.

According to Sunbow Scale, which WfC is trying it's best to adhere to, Blaster is Voyager height. Notions of perfection, 'literal' or otherwise, are subjective.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    He was as big as soundwave in the show, that in and of itself warrants a new version since soundwave is a voyager

• Like Like x 1
  14. SideswipeFriend2005

SideswipeFriend2005 Mirror Universe Counterpart

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wait, what? I always thought he was huge, y'know, because of his g1 toy, but he was really that size in the cartoon? I could swear i was watching it a couple weeks ago and he was way bigger. Kind of insane what false memory interpretation can do to your perception.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Sunbow scale overatted. Akom has better scale >:[ where is my akom accurate line with strange animation errors and figures who can defy the laws of physics and grow and shrink in size

• Like Like x 4
  16. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

News Credits:
    With Cliffjumper coming, what are the odds we get Deluxe Brawn, Powerglide and *BLAM* Warpath?
    Or other small bots like Gears, Huffer, Windcharger, Beachcomber...if they kept it up, they'd almost have to give use Deluxe Insecticons or it'd be all Autobots because over half of G1 Decepticons of that size were combiner team members.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Wreck-Gar will be a Voyager. We just got a Deluxe Wreck-Gar in POTP, and a Voyager will scale better with Springer, who fought him in the Movie.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the use of coloured translucent plastic in the later stages of Siege im hoping some of the 90's characters get some much needed love.

Clench would be cool.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    The almighty chart which shows Hoist being larger than Grapple! Guess they got the size class mixed up on those two.

• Like Like x 3
  20. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    True that! I mean, in the hypothetical situation he was released even being Voyager height is going to make him stand much taller than the likes of the Autobot cars. So hopefully it’d still ‘feel’ right.

Think the next trilogy is akom accurate. Pretty psyched for that.

Yeah, in the leak Catz did say something to the effect of ‘not sure how I feel about this considering what we just got’, so that could reflect the feelings one might have at getting Wreck Gar in relatively quick succession after PotP. The PotP one was an exclusive too, so that could have some bearing (ie not everyone could get him easily).

I agree that I’d prefer Voyager and it’d be more accurate to THE HOLY SCALE CHART, but I’m just reading the tea leaves as best I can.

I know, right? I did say they were trying to follow it as best they can. Obviously, I’m no fan of going to the scale chart to solve an argument, because these speculation threads are proof enough that that doesn’t work. But if the question is ‘why voyager blaster’ then the answer ‘coz probably scale chart’ seems fair.

• Like Like x 4