War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    '

Megatron and Octane sharing a mold...i can dig that. Be a nice change of pace from him just being tank/jet if he's a triplechanger.

• Like Like x 2
  2. GoodxCross

GoodxCross Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    seriously if there is no lockdown i will be dumbfounded, it is possibly the most obvious choice there is, even after considering doubledealer himself
    catz has also been quick to say the leader isnt rodimus or roadbuster, 2 of the earliest guesses and double dealer was an early guess aswell and it wasnt ever shot down by him, even when there were days of back and forth regarding him catz chimed in about the hinted deluxe class figures and ignored talking about double dealer iirc, and the more hints weve gotten since then the more it looks like its double dealer, he just fits the best with what we know currently

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Detritus is the junkion merc but would be cool to have Wreck-gar too so they can have their rivalry brought into the new age.

Devcon would be sweet too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Oh right Detritus is a junkion I always forget about that. I've had this idea for weaponizer junkions that come would 1 or 2 heads, maybe different limbs. Maybe they could do with wreckgar. also maybe some generic weaponizer insecticons

• Like Like x 3
  5. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    I considered that but I think they could wait and give us Wreck-Gar and other Junkions in part 3 if they're going the return to Cybertron/86 movie route. I'd like to see Junkions be the weaponizers for part 3.

Looks like we're on the same page with the Junkions. Weaponizer Insecticons would certainly be interesting would be fantastic for army building. Personally I'd also love to see Quintesson Weaponizers. I think it'd be a clever way around the lack of altmodes and would make for some cool weapon attachments like the faces turning into shields and the tentacles becoming whips/flails.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I appreciate your research, but a better and similar deepcut is the Heavy from Devastation: TF_Devastation_Launch_Screen_8.jpg Heavy_Weapons.png

• Like Like x 8
  7. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Bah, this is just rumble on steroids are we gonna have fan debates about what color this thing is now

• Like Like x 3
  8. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    What makes this better? It has a more generic color scheme and less history than Overcharge.

• Like Like x 1
  9. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

Haha I actually had a photo of him as well, it’s just he was a different colour & I think they’ll go Diaclone first (I’m still surprised Devastation didn’t make him green!), i’d be happy with him too mind, and I’m hopeful if Hasbro does make Overcharge they give him this hammer too.

I’d definitely take Runamok repainted into the Shock Troops/Ground Soldiers & Starscream or Ramjet into the Seeker Air Warriors from that game as well.
    56545FE3-2BB2-4426-9D0B-1F8ABC584366.png D3E3BAE4-5971-4626-8B2F-0AE2BEBE901C.jpeg 2B1B6ECE-937F-4834-B9D8-64E085EDE7E3.png 84251490-C1D7-47AB-AD1A-692996F8D028.png 4058AE45-EB64-448E-AEA0-0541A907E6C8.png

• Like Like x 6
  10. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    You say that like it’s a bad thing
    I’d buy so many of those in a heartbeat

• Like Like x 3
  11. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I never knew about the Overcharge history...was that going to be written into the 3rd season, but never did?

12. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

While I do agree that catz's hints are almost certainly Doubledealer I just can't get my head round a missile carrier truck being called an armored car......

And if his new toy has an armored car mode instead of a truck, how could that have been considered a fair hint in the manner that he made it?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

This faction idea is exciting news indeed! I hope all characters on the cards get toys. Lockdown, Deadlock and Octone look the coolest. Never was into Octone persay but the card artwork is really cool. Would make for an exciting leader class. I agree on Rodimus retool potential, but with this line Hasbro is really doing the characters justice and going from scratch more often that not. Rodimus is too important a character for a secondary tool.

Also, would love Jhiaxus and other new bots popping up here. G2 introduced some neat ideas I would like to see explored further.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Proxima Omicron

Proxima Omicron Well-Known Member

The armored car can be a range of choices, Doubledealer may happen, and the armored car is just a curveball, but it could also be another Micromaster base: Groundshaker (I think thats his name) who was featured in the Micromaster 10 pack.
    Or it could be from another continuity, Prime Breakdown, for instance.
    Anything could be Valid, and it being blue is a major giveaway
    its like playing Guess who

15. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They have a lot in common, both are repaints of Blitzwing, with faceplates and shades, both are also army builders and lost their jet mode in the fiction.

Buuuut, the Heavy is probably more recognizable due to Transformers Devastation actually being a great game and he'd be a black repaint, which is always awesome!

Also the 35th anniversary Optimus and Megatron look more inspired by Devastation than the cartoon

• Like Like x 2
  16. AzureBird

AzureBird Liker of Various Things

Ever since Earthrise Prime and Starscream got revealed, I've had a real gut feeling that they're gonna do an Earth mode Soundwave (and, admittedly less likely, Earth mode Laserbeak and Ravage). Rumble and Ratbat (who were likely brought forward into Siege from Earthrise) have more Earth-y tape modes, and a tape deck Soundwave would be easy to remold into Blaster (or vice-versa, depending on how they go about it)

17. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

If we get a new soundwave I hope he's a ground vehicle. and would really really prefer the cassettes to have actual vehicles...yea yea tapes should fit into soundwave...but I dun like it. I'd love more cassettes like united rumble and frenzy or maybe make the cassettes targetmasters I think I might be in minority in this

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I get the feeling we will get Soundwave and Blaster as leaders; tape deck voyager figures with attachable faux speakers that turn into connectable Micromaster bases.

• Like Like x 5
  19. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

Each Junkion should come with a Junkion BAF part so you can Junkion while you Junkion.

• Like Like x 3
  20. TheSuperion

TheSuperion Am...were...Aerialbots

So, this has probably been stated many times before, the inevitable Trailbreaker retool of Hoist is gonna axe the kibble on the back, right? Cause maximum Sunbow "accuracy" and all of that.

(I didn't even know why the Hoist kibble was a thing until after the Earthrise toy reveal. Shows how little I know about the old cartoon. Needless to say... I feel this is the point at which slavish adherence to its "art" has gone too far. The eventual masterpiece Hoist toy is gonna do this too, isn't it? Sigh.)

• Like Like x 3