War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Driskull98

Driskull98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I know it's kind of bad timing what with his Siege figure being released this week and all but I'm pulling for an Earthrise Ratchet down the line. I really wanna spring for the Siege one but if there's a chance at getting a proper Earth mode, I'd rather have that.

I think Lockdown and Doubledealer are the two most likely, especially the former.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    With the art for Lockdown, Deadlock, and Mudflap being based on old decade-old designs, why are people so sure that they're getting new toys? I think Detritus and Octane are definitely coming, though.

3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Blue=Sarcasm; Purple=Snarkcasm

Lockdown is the character for a mercenary faction. All of his fictional appearances (save for Cyberverse) have been self described as a mercenary. He's based on Death's Head, the kickass bounty hunter from Marvel UK. He was a breakout character in Animated, warranting the HFTD toy within the next year after that. He later went on to be the main antagonist of a franchise movie that grossed 1 billion dollars.

Lockdown probably inspired them to even do a third faction at all, alongside other considerations. (Storytelling, brand synergy, card game mechanisms)

• Like Like x 6
  4. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    Oh, I definitely agree that Lockdown as a character makes a lot of sense to include. I just don't think the card art is relevant to the (high) probability of getting a new toy.

• Like Like x 3
  5. GoodxCross

GoodxCross Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    with all the catz rumour/hints i'd be pretty surprised if we didn't get a leader class double-dealer.
    and with how important, popular and prevalent lock down is as a mercenary since he debuted in animated id extremely shocked if he wasn't one of the new mercenary figures for this line

• Like Like x 3
  6. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Blue=Sarcasm; Purple=Snarkcasm

I think Wheeljack could be a good fit for a remold. Or Sunstreaker, if Sunstreaker isn't a Wheeljack remold himself. I'd really enjoy an all new mold with a suitably badass look, itself repurposed into other characters later on.

• Like Like x 2
  7. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    They never said that Bumblebee wasn’t coming but they explicitly said that the Cliffjumper mold was designed to be his own and not be remolded into Bumblebee

• Like Like x 3
  8. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    after looking at Wheeljack, there's no way Sunstreaker isn't a remold of him. I'm actually shocked that hasn't been a more common thing. Streaker has more in common with Jacky than he ever did with Sideswipe, as far as transformation and robot mode go.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree totally. Would be stupid to have a Merc faction and not put the most famous one in there.

Also Catz has been pretty quiet lately.

• Like Like x 3
  10. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

Re: Mercs.

Two easy to overlook are Devcon and Road Rage.

If we get Tracks, I figure Road Rage is a Selects release.

Devcon is a figure I think lots of folks would be excited by but I’m not sure if he’d ever be the primary purpose for a mold. Unless they just did something goofy like a new chest and head, probably the best base for a retool would be Springer. A little remolding could probably accomplish a convincing Devcon.

So I guess my big question is whether — when Hasbro says mercs can change faction — they have the Jetfire style flip panel or maybe at least enough retooling to put faction logos on a 5mm port plate that can be swapped.

That would be a surprise for someone like Detritus but his art does look like a physical retool on par with Ratchet as opposed to a straight re-color.

EDIT: Honestly, the retool I could see for Devcon is... New head, obviously. Beyond that you could fudge it if you scrap the helicopter blades and guns and replace them with two rocket boosters that plug onto the tail and a TR Blurr nosecone/shield on the front. The helicopter mode then becomes Devcon’s spaceship mode and you end up with a new ground vehicle mode with, say, the rockets as guns on the front and the nosecone reverse mounted over the cockpit.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Gastrotrain

Gastrotrain Well-Known Member

Devcon would probably come from a new Scourge mold if anything.

Mercenaries appear to have their own faction symbol, at least on the cards they do.

• Like Like x 2
  12. RodimusRex

Yeah but the panel said they “change between” Autobot and Decepticon.

It’s funny but I was saying on here before Siege was announced that I’d like pop out faction plates for some characters. They could have the new logo and Autobot and Decepticon options.

People will riot if Octane and so on can’t have traditional logos.

I don’t think Scourge will be in Earthrise and I think Devcon’s best shot is in Earthrise. Also, I’d be surprised if Hasbro ever allowed a deco that close. I imagine they only allowed the Botcon one because of the extra red and even then because it wasn’t retail.

13. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    There's no denying that the overall quality of most of the SIEGE line has indeed increased over previous lines. I just hope that HasTak doesn't make Voyager class figures with a "Deluxe worth of extra plastic" for $20 more an ongoing thing. Ironically Siege Shockwave is only $29.99 on Amazon right now (as it honestly should be). So praising a figure being $50.00 that's only weighs 4 tenths of an oz more than Classics Voyager Optimus isn't in our best interest. IMO, Mass Marketing listens to us more than we all think. So to those listening, a lot of times you can enjoy the hunt of collecting more when we do it wiser.

I wonder if Double Dealer does get Earthrise love will it be due to another Blitzwing retool and will that Blitzwing be Voyager or Leader?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  14. RodimusRex

Maybe I’m wrong but I think Blitzwing’s primary mold partner will be Megatron again.

I’d love for it to be Octane as a Dark of the Moon thing. Megatron has been a jet and a tractor trailer. I’d love a G1 style botmode in a tan-gray color that turns into a semi.

I THINK Megatron will share a mold with Blitzwing and Rodimus will share one with Octane but I’d happily be wrong in this case and get a Megatron-from-Octane.

If they did Doubledealer from Blitzwing, I figure that would be a Skywarp style release with Ratbat and Rumble redecoed as his Power Masters.

But I think folks REALLY want a Doubledealer with an eagle form.

Given that Octane APPEARS to be a truck with a trailer that becomes a separate jet, I do think maybe it’s worth questioning if Doubledealer, assuming he’s did get a unique mold, would be a proper triple changer or if he’d be more of a Duocon like Octane looks to be.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe they will do like armor bits like attack mode Jetfire has the permanent Autobot symbol on the chest piece.

16. Proxima Omicron

Proxima Omicron Well-Known Member

What I think would be cool, is a Build-a-figure style Road caesar, Blacker being released at leader class price point, and coming with the new arms and extra combiner parts, then laster and braver being deluxes with modified CW joints and shields that make the shins and feet of Road caesar

• Like Like x 4
  17. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

I actually think it’ll be Overcharge, Blitzwing’s Diaclone colour scheme that‘ll get a new toy, likely in the Select line (maybe even with the prototype head he got in this famous Diaclone artwork)
    850387F7-B1D0-4CDB-B8CB-CC249F2C224C.jpeg
    7EAF68CE-3433-49D7-818A-1650A014E26E.jpeg

Fictionally he’s an army builder in the Transformers Universe, & he was retconned to being the army of tanks that were present at the start of the Season 3 cartoon opening
    FDD0D4E5-101D-4B58-806E-FCFC5A506845.jpeg
    Hasbro likes their deep cuts, & I think he’d definitely be on their list. If they can do a Galactic Man ‘Shackwave’ they can definitely do this guy!

• Like Like x 5
  18. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    After thinking more about Lockdown and after just watching "THE BASICS on LOCKDOWN" video, it really wouldn't suit Lockdown to be another 4 inch Deluxe retool. The only existing mold that might do him justice would be SIEGE Springer's mold. He'd still have a car mode while still having a Voyager class height, plus more... The Helicopter mode's propellers could be reshaped to be his hooks, chainsaw and whatever else.

Granted we know Sandstorm will likely see use of Springers mold first, I still think Lockdown could be a good addition to.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    My most wanted figures for the mercs faction are Lockdown, Depth Charge, Armada Sideways, and Octane. Depth Charge is a long shot I know but man do I want a modern remake of my favorite Beast Wars character. Each one of these deserves they're own mold. Also I feel like we'll end up getting a new Sharkticon in this faction since Gnaw was in the fan vote pole and following the trend that probably means he's coming anyway unless they're going to wait for wfc part 3. Perhaps part 3 could replace the mercenary faction with the Quintessons? That'd be a great way to finally get some Quints and their minions. Anyway, back to Earthrise what's the likelihood we'll get more reveals for MCM?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Wouldn't wreck-gar or devcon make decent contenders for mercenaries?