War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

Would probably be more fitting for the third line, but I’d like to get a new Voyager Cyclonus. And unlike ER Starscream, I wouldn’t mind if he aped his old Universe/Classics figure which holds up pretty well.

• Like Like x 4
  2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    20191020_144231.jpg
    With 47 pages in on this topic, I'm sure it's been discussed. But since every dlx figure in Siege has 2 or 3 mold mates, here are my Speculations on what could come from Impactor's mold.

THE FALLEN: 80% chance.
    STRAXUS/DARKMOUNT: 40% chance.
    TARN: 15% chance.

Any other G1 character have potential with this mold?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll cosign this statement. I think we'll get a licensed Beetle Bumblebee in Earthrise and a Goldbug retool in Part 3.

4. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

If they make a new Hotrod figure, An easy retool would be the idw original Atomizer. They kinda look the same.

• Like Like x 1
  5. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quake.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Which Quake? Standerd quake, Beast machines quake? Quake 2, Quake 2 Arena, Quake live, Quake Champions?

• Like Like x 1
  7. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whichever one looks like Impactor ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Hmmm..... TR's version wasn't that long ago and since he ain't on a G1 Season 1-3 type of popularity level, I'd give him the probability of 15%.

you ever hear of a wild card? just saying sometimes we get things you don't expect. Impactor wasn't a season 1-3 character yet he was popular. Bludegon is popular. how does season 1-3 popularity mean anything >:[

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2019
  9. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    We already have a Quake that's a retool of someone else. The next version of Quake should be a new mold.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

bah! we no need g1 quake we need beast machines quake!
    [​IMG]
    this guy!
    also where's my weaponizer wipe out?

11. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I think Goldbug will be larger and have more engineering in common with Runamuck than a potential Bumblebee, to be quite honest. It's easier to do a 2-wheel-per-foot design from a bot that already has it than to fudge that design from a bot that doesn't have it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For that matter, Bumblebee himself could be a remold of Runamuck. All of these car guys are probably going to be the same size as Cliffjumper. The Battlechargers are likely to come out pretty small. I think a lot of people want them small anyway.

13. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    But Bumblebee doesn't have the two-wheels-on-one-foot design. Plus we don't know if Runamuck is Bumblebee's size or not. Probably small, but maybe not G1 Bumblebee small.

14. RedQueen

RedQueen Robo Thot

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Everyone in the most recent fan poll seemed to be pretty small, with the exception of Needlenose, I guess? Gnaw and Shrapnel are little guys so maybe that suggests Runamok will be Cliffjumper sized

15. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So, many of us have been anticipating that Fasttrack is going to be a Weaponiser. Seems obvious, right? Then we find out about the 'Modulators' and some of us are left scratching their heads, wondering how the new gimmick might accommodate Fasttrack and his vehicle mode.

Two ideas (both probably wrong)
    a) they dump the vehicle mode, make him a base mode that works elegantly with Scorponok's 'city mode', and sell him at mainline retail (hey, we're likely getting five waves again, so we need an extra base to pad the line out, I guess?)
    b) He's a Micromaster and comes with Scorponok.

I think there's compelling arguments for (and against) both, though I feel like I'm leaning towards the latter. And I find the idea that he wouldn't get a release like a 'Siege' Weaponiser even more compelling. I think that train has departed and Micro compatibility is the order of the day.

Be interested to hear thoughts on these suggestions.

16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Nope. Both need to be G1 accurate in this line.
    Cyclonus's universe toy was an unfinished mess and Quake has a distinct earth alt mode.

17. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Well, first. Fastrack ain’t the only citybot companion we are missing, we still need wipe-out (the windcharger or I think tailgate redeco from the marvel comics who was paired with trypticon) and slammer.
    I think we will probably see them in the third part of the trilogy along with the base weaponizers. Like how potp did both the gimmick from cw and Tr. then again prime wars wasn’t always planned to be a trilogy and potp seemed like leftovers from cw and Tr.

Point is, Id rather see all three get the standard weaponzier treatment like the rest. (Plus the weaponzier gimmick can probably work for a bunch of other characters and I’d rather see that potential realized than thrown away

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  18. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I mean, I'd much prefer to have Fasttrack as a Siege style Weaponiser to go along with Cog, Sixgun, and Brunt, but seeing what we've seeing I'm not sure it's going to happen.

Having just got Omega Supreme today, and looking at Countdown, I'm more taken with the idea of Fasttrack as a micromaster extra.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dear Barry,

This post makes me uncomfortable for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that it's not impossible. I think the revelation that Scorponok will be a double headmaster should cast some doubt on the idea that Fasttrack will be included with Scorponok, however. Zarak (titanmaster), MegaZarak* (deluxe figure), and the Scorponok body seem like a lot in the box already.

So, would they make a Fasttrack/Wipeout Micromaster two-pack? Could they re-cast Fasttrack as a modulator**? Either possibility is in play. I still think a Weaponizer is the most likely outcome, although I agree with the above poster that they might wait for WFC3. I do think it'll be a wasted opportunity if they don't give us Fasttrack and Roller (using the same mold) in the line that includes Scorponok and a trailered Optimus Prime.

Kindest regards,
    Bob

*Presumptive name

** It's a bit amusing that Brunt would have made sense as a modulator that has a base and tank mode instead of what we got.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

But what about slammer >:[ slammer was a tank that turned into a skyscraper for metroplex, wouldn’t he work perfectly for a base?

• Like Like x 1