War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Easy. Omega's chest cavity(remove the tank and there it is) might be slightly smaller than Commander-size. Lugnut could fit snugly in there, having Lugnut parts spilling out to create stylistic kibble.

Yesss!!! <3

• Like Like x 1
  2. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I mainly would like to see Earthrise figures for characters yet to see proper classic releases. Runabout / Runamuk tops my list for sure especially with focus on Earth themed alt modes.

If the next Titan is not Scorponok that will disappoint some fans. I would love to see a new Scorponok but I'd also love a Titan Class Tidal Wave. It's low on the want list but even finally releasing Metrotitan wouldn't be bad. But regardless, next Titan needs to be a Decepticon.

• Like Like x 3
  3. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Nah, all the Dinobots would be Leader, save for a large Voyager Swoop. They were really big back in the day, so they'll be equally large in this scale. =D

Grimlock might even be a Commander if my hypothesis of Pretender gimmick renewal comes to pass.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

but we would basically have to wait like 2 years to get all of them though. hastak makes like 3 leaders a line and one repaint of that leader well they did with siege and potp.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    So basically have a potential Commander Class/Leader Class Lugnut figure be able to be compatible with Siege Omega Supreme by being able to transform into a replacement chest cavity for the Omega mold? I'd be so down for that. :) 

6. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Probably, unless they do something weird, like a large amount of shared tooling for 2 of them, like PotP Slag & Sludge, with 1 of them being in Selects. But if they're spread out over 2 years, that's still not too bad, right?

I'm hoping for a Commander Lugnut, but yes. =3

• Like Like x 1
  7. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

ehh...I just kinda think it's kinda dumb for the dinobots to hog all the leader slots I know I know sunbow accuracy and all but I kinda find "large in show = leader" is dumb, you fail to sell me on this. I don't see how voyager class figures wouldn't be good enough, I can hear it now. some werido on some forum is going to complain about "wow they are ripping us off with retooling the same figure over and over Hasbro lazy" if they share tooling I dunno, I just rather not hear this ever again, since it is stupid

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Oh another possibility regarding Dinobots. I think I posted it before another thread, but it was probably several months ago.

Leader Class Grimlock
    Slug & Swoop as a Two pack, similar to how the Rainmakers were released. That gets the 3 most popular Dinobots, and most of the team done in 2020.

Then Snarl and Sludge would be another Two pack in 2021.

We would have to wait a year to get the team completed, but I can live with that if it means finally getting *definitive* versions. Been waiting since Classics started for the Voyager F-15 Seekers and Shockwave.

I don't think I would use that functionality often, but I suppose it's possible. on that subject - A new Lugnut should definitely have articulated fingers and jaw! I loved that on the HFTD figure.

I'm a little surprised there isn't more hype for Jazz! One of my all-time favorites. I still love the 2010 one, but he scales pretty badly with the new stuff. I hope Earth Rise Jazz is based on the cartoon design, without door wings.

[​IMG]

Also this isn't very likely, but I'd enjoy it if they included his Grappling hook as a weapon. I always wanted a Jazz to include one, but it never happened (outside of third parties)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering Hasbro says they like to complete sets of characters I can predict we're going to get the main seeker Trio yet again, but I have a feeling that this time Thundercracker and Skywarp are going to be in a two pack in a similar vein to the Seeker 3-pack we just got.

Your basic repaints like Hoist to Trailbreaker, Grapple to Inferno and Artfire, Cliffjumper to Bumblebee. The list goes on.

One thing that genuinely surprises me is that they're doing a Cliffjumper before Bumblebee. This is a welcome approach but a surprising one.

I have a feeling the commander class is either going to be Countdown's micromaster base or Sky Lynx. Those two seem to be the big front runners at this point but I'm personally leaning more toward Sky Lynx.

I don't think Hasbro is just going to rehash the characters over again so I'm going to predict the rehashes will stop after Prime and the main Seekers. Which if Starscream looks good then I will be fine with getting this trio of seekers.

I'm interested to see how they handle the smaller characters like Cliffjumper. I think he'll have an oversized bazooka and maybe some extra parts to go with him.

I hope and pray they make better scaled Dinobots but I have a feeling that's going to be the line after Earthrise.

I think Earthrise is going to definitely be a welcome expansion to the Siege concepts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have several versions of Jazz so I may look for Ricochet in that mold.

11. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

News Credits:
    What would make me happy:
    A GOOD Arcee. Ocular Max Azalea is nearly perfect...but I can't rationalize spending that much on an Arcee that's going to be as tall as my Magnus.
    Leader Bulkhead
    Commander Lugnut
    Titan(or Commander) Sky Lynx
    Deluxe Warpath
    Blitzwing
    Brawn
    Blaster and his 4 main cassettes, also Rumble, Frenzy, Ratbat and Buzzsaw.
    Wreck-Gar - motorcycle and garbage truck versions
    A nice G1 cartoon accurate Perceptor

That's all I can think of right now other than I'd like to have all of the rest of the smaller G1 Autobots.

• Like Like x 1
  12. orangeitis

News Credits:
    It's not like I disagree, but there is an importance of scale that Hasbro is putting into Generations now. That doesn't mean that the Dinobots would take up all of 1 year's Leader slots houg, there are ways of getting around it. For instance, Slag & Snarl get to be the only mainline Leaders, Swoop a mainline Voyager, Grimlock with his Pretender armor gets to be one of the two Commanders for that year, and Sludge gets a bit of shared tooling and thrown in Selects. That leaves room for 1 non-Dinobot Leader, 1 non-Dinobot Commander and a few non-Dinobot Voyagers in that year. Or they could do a 3-Dinobot Titan set featuring the largest Dinobots, then release the other two at Leader/Voyager size. Etc etc etc.

• Like Like x 3
  13. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

News Credits:
    For a dollar.jpg

14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Keep in mind, there was an interview around toyfair I think where warden said dinobots wouldn’t see a redo any time soon so I wouldn’t expect them.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    Forgot he was renamed when I made that post. Thanks for reminding me, since Daddy-O is one of the best renames ever. When do we get more TFs named after MST3K episodes?

So there are only 2 Battlemasters per case. Siege Wave 1 must have been an exception, then.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Predictions:
    Hotrod - Prominant in TCG Siege II

Acree - TCG Siege II, All the other ladies are done....except Elita 1

Elita 1 - Prominant in the current comic

Sandstorm - TCG Siege II , also has yet to get a G1ish figure

Roller - Weaponizer seems like a Slamdunk, considering New Leader Prime omission.

Wingblade - Starscream remold

Coneheads - Starscream remolds

• Like Like x 2
  17. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMG_20191002_192957508.jpg
    "Make me from that conniving coward? How dare you suggest such a thing!"

And instead of Prime getting a repaint into Nemesis, I'd much prefer SG Prime.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  18. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Agreed that Hot Rod seems a lock. The theme of WFC2 makes all of those Thunderwing/Star Saber commander predictions look unlikely (unless TW becomes a more grounded jet). I’m at a bit of a loss as to what the commander will be. Of course, the reintroduction of micromaster bases opens up possibilities considerably (and makes me glad I bought so many of the little fuckers).

19. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I'm satisfied with Siege Megatron, but if they do a Earth remold off the Devastation design, I'd probably get it

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  20. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I'm curious who the new Decepticons are. Like all they have left from 84-85 is the Coneheads and Insecticons

I doubt they'd redo Combiners

• Like Like x 1