War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

[​IMG]
    selects sideswipe repaint

• Like Like x 10
  2. BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland

BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    who

3. Joseph Joestar

Joseph Joestar Well-Known Member

Big brain Idea. You get a cookie.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I actually forgot that Hubcap's alt was more similar to Cliff's then BB's, so yeah, it'd totally make sense for him to just be a remold of that figure...Though given the quality of that mold's design, probably would be better off with no figure at all.

The only reason I'd think they wouldn't is because of how G1 heavy the Earthrise alt-modes are, with some slight exceptions, such as Megatron just being a slightly more earthy tank. But then we know why they can't go full G1 with Megatron.
    I donno, to me it just feels like they'd probably think the Siege Voyager is a good enough representation of the character for the line.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    chances are if there was an earth mode soundwave then like reflector/refraktor his earth tape deck mode would be a secondary "hidden" mode. over all they seem to be moving characters away from their roleplay type alt modes in the generations like

• Like Like x 4
  6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Aside from Soudwave who I think will sport his Evergreen form in WFC3 as well as Magnus who I think will get a new Earth mold that's close to the G1 toy I agree generally with what you said about how some of the characters you've listed would feel unnecessary to revisit at least for right now given on how most of them look earthy enough to fit into the ER shelf anyway. Especially since we have a lot more G1 characters that didn't get definitive updates to touch upon.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was my point a few days ago there are more G1 figures that need updates than ones already touched on in Siege.

Similar to they way WFC game version was a cybertronian truck but could be configured to look like the space age tape deck he was in the infiltration cutscene.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

alright so take the modulator/weaponizer thing and do it with action master vehicles
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    giving these vehicles names/bot modes. who's down for that?

• Like Like x 12
  9. Joseph Joestar

Joseph Joestar Well-Known Member

I am down for this. It's a really good idea for WFC3 weaponisers.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude you are on a roll. These would be awesome. They could tap into the micromaster transports too.

• Like Like x 5
  11. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper is probably my favorite Earthrise figure. Only beefs are too much red and him having Bumblebee's biceps.

12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I've actually seen some people able to get a pretty good tape deck mode out of the Siege figure, albeit through some slight modding to the shoulders I believe.

I still just don't know if they'd go through with something like that. It still feels a bit out of place, but that's just my outlook on the likely hood. I certainly wouldn't be against it.

I can't get past the way they did parts forming on that mold, and I never will.

Also the upcoming Arcee, whoever at Hasbro designed these figures need to be fired.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat Don’t hassle the Hoffimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Handle):
    now that’s an awesome idea. They did delve into action master stuff already sorta with lionizer and wingthing. Let’s keep it going.

this is what I’m hoping for. We have the Micromasters already that came with transports, why not have the transports as well.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    It’d be no more out of place as a bonus mode as refraktors camera mode

• Like Like x 1
  15. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They could take the Action Masters’ robot modes and slap their partner vehicles onto them somehow.

• Like Like x 6
  16. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It plugs into the back. It has storage in both modes. The results are better than non-partsforming versions we had before.

I feel like it's slightly less obtrusive than non-Headmaster characters in Titans Return and allows for cleaner weaponizing.

I can understand not liking it but I don't get calling for someone's job over it. My hunch is that the designer didn't exactly go rogue with the choice but it resulted from a series of back and forth discussions at Takara. Somebody probably noted that Brunt's "Doctor Octopus" mode didn't balance well with a backpack on certain figures and a compromise was struck.

There will be other Arcee's and Cliffjumpers.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

I honestly agree and disagree.
    Sideswipe/Red Alert are closely to there Earth modes but they need spoilers and non clear plastic tires as well no cybertronian lettering.

Hound is also the same but I want him to be his original jeep not the one we got with siege.

Ironhide/Ratchet I think they need Earth modes but switch them by making Ironhide a exclusive and Ratchet a regular retail figure.

Mirage can be re-release again but with without clear plastic or cybertronian lettering since he is closely resembles his Earth mode.

I think Bluestreak would be a retail figure and have Prowl as a exclusive.

Ultra Magnus could get a Earth mode in the next chapter of WFC as a remold,retool and repaint of Earthrise Optimus.

Skywarp and Thundercracker could become exclusives while Dirge,Thrust and Ramjet would either be retail or some store exclusives as well.

Hubcap has been heavily rumored to be part of selects and Bumper could fit in selects line as well.If they can release the Powerdashers they can release Bumper.

Soundwave/Soundblaster could possibly happen but as of mean some other way like exclusive or part Earthrise cartoon line.

If Hasbro remake Optimus,Megatron, Starscream and Smokescreen they can remake others if they want to.So don't doubt since the just re-release alot of characters from Siege for the show that will becoming up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Considering sunstreaker doesn’t have a spoiler, sideswipe and red alert don’t really need one either if their vehicle modes are intended to be similar

• Like Like x 3
  19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I was more referring to the prospect of the earth vehicle mode being out of place.
    Let's face it, Refraktor's "bonus" mode was the cyber-nothing thing to justify selling the figure as a single Deluxe, the main attraction was always the camera mode. They got away with it because it was in the part of the line where they could throw on some extra detail bits and call anything a "space-ship".

That's your opinion. My opinion is that it's lazy engineering. I also don't know what examples you mean by "non-partsforming versions".

Last point first, plenty of the other figures pull off the weaponizing without parts forming.(Say for the actual weaponizers, which are build completely around the concept as a gimmick.)
    It's not that I find it obtrusive, I find it objectively lazy. I also funnily find most of the non-headmaster characters in TR held the gimmick far better then the characters that were originally headmasters...Just as an aside.

I'll admit I'm being hyperbolic just for the sake of it. Although I do find it to still be a bad job, and people should ultimately be fired for doing bad jobs.

And they should all go right in the bin.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've said it before but I think if we see an Earth mode Blaster (and he makes sense to happen eventually) that he will be an armored SUV type vehicle with the "hidden" tape deck mode and Soundwave would be the natural re-shell of that.

+-MWG-+

• Like Like x 6