War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

So TR works still.

• Like Like x 4
  2. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Indeed it does!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

As stated by others, Sideswipe and Red Alert would be rather redundant, given they already pretty much pass for earth based super cars.

Prowl and Bluestreak seem like a given since we're getting a Earthrise Smokescreen. This also makes an ER Barricade a good possibility, as his Siege figure was just a straight up repaint of Siege Smokescreen. Although part of me wonders if they'd end up making a few of these exclusives this time around, given Siege Smokescreen was a generations select.

Hound's kind of a toss up. The Siege figure looks close to something that could pass as a earth vehicle, but I could also see them going more old school jeep...That is if Hasbro feels that we even really need another Hound in this line.

Ironhide and Ratchet could happen, though if they did, I still think they'd reverse what they did with the Siege figures and make ER Ironhide the store exclusive and Ratchet the main release.

Mirage is another that seems rather redundant.

Soundwave, I'm not completely sure they'd do. I can't see them making him just a tape deck, and giving him a earth vehicle-mode seems a bit out of nowhere.

The other seekers are pretty much a guarantee.

Not sure if they'd do Ultra magnus. The most I could see then doing is some kind of convention exclusive that remolds the cab to look more earth like.

Inferno's very likely going to be a remold of Grapple.

Hubcap or Bumper seem a bit random, and a little too close to bumblebee as being little compact yellow guys.

Runabout's a given, though I could totally see them sticking him into some kind of box set.

4. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He’s missing two legs.

• Like Like x 5
  5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    pretty much completely agree, though a few comments

bluestreak was also an exclusive during siege, so i could definitely see 2 datsuns being exclusives. if they re-do barricade i hope they color him like the boxart rather than giving him purple forearms again

for ultra magnus, he will be the only movie character between siege and earthrise that doesn't have his movie/season 3 alt mode, i could definitely see a new version coming out next year, and not just a remold (unless it uses earthrise prime as the base for its core bot)

hubcap is rumored for selects

• Like Like x 1
  6. RodimusRex

Hubcap is heavily rumored and that's likely because Warden has insisted that Bumblebee is not the same mold as Cliffjumper.

Re: Hound.

There's a TF vs G.I.Joe Summer Convention exclusive planned. If I had to guess, it's Hound retooled as a G.I.Joe VAMP (Hasbro proprietary Jeep) and Earthrise Starscream as Skywarp/Cobra Nightraven and that both retools will get further redecos (in Selects or maybe the 2021 Walmart line). My money there would be Hound reuse as Earth Hound (minus G.I.Joe insignia) for Walmart and a Walmart or Selects Nacelle, Blackjack, or updated Viper.

Again, heavy speculation on my part as to what the con set is.

It could be a 6 inch multipack of Old Snake and the Only Human Autobots.

I lean towards it being earth mode TFs retooled as Joe vehicles though because stuff like Ectotron has been a consistent hit.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

but he's expennnnsive and I'm pooooooor also I want a selects mainframe/a percy that doesn't have to headmaster can't I have optionnnnns

• Like Like x 3
  8. RodimusRex

The Legends version is under $30!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

You think I can spend 30 bucks for a deluxe? well yes but I'm cheap. also I want a mainframe, can't a guy get a mainframe >:[

• Like Like x 2
  10. Howitzer Hound

Howitzer Hound 1-Part Hound, 1-Part Howl, 1-Part Itzer

Actually, I could kind of see that. But, maybe not as Shockwave himself, rather a Drone Unit for him? Like how Cyberverse Shockwave has all these little spider-minions crawling around, these could be some kind of Lab Assistant/Bodyguard that he can mass produce. Replace the hook arm with a gun-arm, and the head with a Shockwave-esque head, and wham - Standard Shock-Drone. The army building would be almost as fun as the base building.

I pretty much 100% agree with this. But a few things, the first being, if the Netflix show follows the Toyline, and season 2 is set on Earth, I could see them re-releasing Sideswipe and Red Alert with More standard Earth Mode Deco, Red Alert especially (Replace the Cybertronian lettering). Or y'know, they could just do it for Earthrise without the Netflix stuff. Maybe as part of a set/exclusive?

I can see the other Datsuns being redone (my guess is Prowl and Barricade as exclusives if it does happen), but less as speculation and more what I want, I'd love to see an Earth Mode Barricade differ from the others more. Maybe a unique head-sculpt, a modified alt-mode or unique weapon. Though then my mind races to nonsense ideas like 'Commander Class Blackout' cause why not?

Soundwave being an Earth Vehicle isn't that out of the norm. Animated, Shattered Glass, War/Fall of Cybertron, Robots in Disguise 2015, Cyberverse Soundwave all turn into Van or SUV type vehicles (War/Fall Soundwave being a Cybertronian Van/SUV, nonetheless). So, I can totally see that happening, maybe starting off as some kind of Satellite Van for Blaster and then a Generations Selects repaint for Soundwave?

Now, my question is - do we think we'll get some other out-of-left-field Seeker choices for Earthrise, like how we did Redwing? And what are the chances of a Generations Selects Artfire to go with Ricochet (Along with their Targetmaster partners). I can see them doing something like the Amazon Skywarp pack, that being a Voyager Class repaint with three Batlemasters (Nightstick, Nebulon and maybe Haywire/Any other Targetmaster not yet made).

(Apparently, I really like using parentheses and typing out the words 'I can see')

• Like Like x 1
  11. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can’t remember who had who but Artfire and Ricochet had the Japanese uses for Nightstick and Fracas (both of whom had their names swapped and then Fracas was replaced by Nebulon) so we already have Fracas who needs Autobot faction labels)

• Like Like x 1
  12. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    could also just use firedrive, especially if you also have the takara legends targetmasters from the titans return figures

• Like Like x 1
  13. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

[​IMG]
    selects sideswipe repaint

• Like Like x 10
  14. BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland

BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    who

15. Joseph Joestar

Joseph Joestar E

Instagram:
    Big brain Idea. You get a cookie.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I actually forgot that Hubcap's alt was more similar to Cliff's then BB's, so yeah, it'd totally make sense for him to just be a remold of that figure...Though given the quality of that mold's design, probably would be better off with no figure at all.

The only reason I'd think they wouldn't is because of how G1 heavy the Earthrise alt-modes are, with some slight exceptions, such as Megatron just being a slightly more earthy tank. But then we know why they can't go full G1 with Megatron.
    I donno, to me it just feels like they'd probably think the Siege Voyager is a good enough representation of the character for the line.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    chances are if there was an earth mode soundwave then like reflector/refraktor his earth tape deck mode would be a secondary "hidden" mode. over all they seem to be moving characters away from their roleplay type alt modes in the generations like

• Like Like x 4
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Aside from Soudwave who I think will sport his Evergreen form in WFC3 as well as Magnus who I think will get a new Earth mold that's close to the G1 toy I agree generally with what you said about how some of the characters you've listed would feel unnecessary to revisit at least for right now given on how most of them look earthy enough to fit into the ER shelf anyway. Especially since we have a lot more G1 characters that didn't get definitive updates to touch upon.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was my point a few days ago there are more G1 figures that need updates than ones already touched on in Siege.

Similar to they way WFC game version was a cybertronian truck but could be configured to look like the space age tape deck he was in the infiltration cutscene.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

alright so take the modulator/weaponizer thing and do it with action master vehicles
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    giving these vehicles names/bot modes. who's down for that?

• Like Like x 12