War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Reaper6

Reaper6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Iruini I take back everything bad thing I ever said about you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

I think for Earthrise I do hope we get Earth modes for Sideswipe/Red Alert,Prowl/Bluestreak,Hound,Ironhide/Ratchet,Mirage,Barricade,Soundwave/Soundblaster,Skywarp/Thundercracker and Ultra Magnus.While the most obvious we could see Dirge,Ramjet,Thrust,Inferno,Hubcap,Bumper,Runabout and possible others from existing molds.

3. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

ehh...save it for the next line/next trilogy friend, we don't need the same guys as last time, and besides you can probably make them as earthy as you want via reprolables. The only one I sorta see is soundwave and bluestreak and prowl

4. BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland

BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rack'n'Ruin when?
    rack n ruin.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  5. KuroKage2001

KuroKage2001 Gib Tigerhawk combiner

• Like Like x 2
  6. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Maybe, Probably, most likely not, no, no, would be the same as smokescreen, no, Obviously (they are seekers), and no on Magnus. The rest are basically already coming.

7. KuroKage2001

KuroKage2001 Gib Tigerhawk combiner

I personally don’t think Magnus or Sideswipe and Red Alert are super cybertrony, more futuristic than anything, so we probably won’t see them for awhile.

I do think a Soundwave is highly likely, specifically Machine Wars Soundwave.

• Like Like x 5
  8. BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland

BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I meant in WFC.

9. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Oh shit, that's me.

About Ironhide-size. Maybe one head shorter than a hypothetical WFC Blaster.

• Like Like x 7
  10. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So TR works still.

• Like Like x 4
  11. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Indeed it does!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

As stated by others, Sideswipe and Red Alert would be rather redundant, given they already pretty much pass for earth based super cars.

Prowl and Bluestreak seem like a given since we're getting a Earthrise Smokescreen. This also makes an ER Barricade a good possibility, as his Siege figure was just a straight up repaint of Siege Smokescreen. Although part of me wonders if they'd end up making a few of these exclusives this time around, given Siege Smokescreen was a generations select.

Hound's kind of a toss up. The Siege figure looks close to something that could pass as a earth vehicle, but I could also see them going more old school jeep...That is if Hasbro feels that we even really need another Hound in this line.

Ironhide and Ratchet could happen, though if they did, I still think they'd reverse what they did with the Siege figures and make ER Ironhide the store exclusive and Ratchet the main release.

Mirage is another that seems rather redundant.

Soundwave, I'm not completely sure they'd do. I can't see them making him just a tape deck, and giving him a earth vehicle-mode seems a bit out of nowhere.

The other seekers are pretty much a guarantee.

Not sure if they'd do Ultra magnus. The most I could see then doing is some kind of convention exclusive that remolds the cab to look more earth like.

Inferno's very likely going to be a remold of Grapple.

Hubcap or Bumper seem a bit random, and a little too close to bumblebee as being little compact yellow guys.

Runabout's a given, though I could totally see them sticking him into some kind of box set.

13. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He’s missing two legs.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    pretty much completely agree, though a few comments

bluestreak was also an exclusive during siege, so i could definitely see 2 datsuns being exclusives. if they re-do barricade i hope they color him like the boxart rather than giving him purple forearms again

for ultra magnus, he will be the only movie character between siege and earthrise that doesn't have his movie/season 3 alt mode, i could definitely see a new version coming out next year, and not just a remold (unless it uses earthrise prime as the base for its core bot)

hubcap is rumored for selects

• Like Like x 1
  15. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    Hubcap is heavily rumored and that's likely because Warden has insisted that Bumblebee is not the same mold as Cliffjumper.

Re: Hound.

There's a TF vs G.I.Joe Summer Convention exclusive planned. If I had to guess, it's Hound retooled as a G.I.Joe VAMP (Hasbro proprietary Jeep) and Earthrise Starscream as Skywarp/Cobra Nightraven and that both retools will get further redecos (in Selects or maybe the 2021 Walmart line). My money there would be Hound reuse as Earth Hound (minus G.I.Joe insignia) for Walmart and a Walmart or Selects Nacelle, Blackjack, or updated Viper.

Again, heavy speculation on my part as to what the con set is.

It could be a 6 inch multipack of Old Snake and the Only Human Autobots.

I lean towards it being earth mode TFs retooled as Joe vehicles though because stuff like Ectotron has been a consistent hit.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

but he's expennnnsive and I'm pooooooor also I want a selects mainframe/a percy that doesn't have to headmaster can't I have optionnnnns

• Like Like x 3
  17. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    The Legends version is under $30!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

You think I can spend 30 bucks for a deluxe? well yes but I'm cheap. also I want a mainframe, can't a guy get a mainframe >:[

• Like Like x 2
  19. Howitzer Hound

Howitzer Hound 1-Part Hound, 1-Part Howl, 1-Part Itzer

News Credits:
    Actually, I could kind of see that. But, maybe not as Shockwave himself, rather a Drone Unit for him? Like how Cyberverse Shockwave has all these little spider-minions crawling around, these could be some kind of Lab Assistant/Bodyguard that he can mass produce. Replace the hook arm with a gun-arm, and the head with a Shockwave-esque head, and wham - Standard Shock-Drone. The army building would be almost as fun as the base building.

I pretty much 100% agree with this. But a few things, the first being, if the Netflix show follows the Toyline, and season 2 is set on Earth, I could see them re-releasing Sideswipe and Red Alert with More standard Earth Mode Deco, Red Alert especially (Replace the Cybertronian lettering). Or y'know, they could just do it for Earthrise without the Netflix stuff. Maybe as part of a set/exclusive?

I can see the other Datsuns being redone (my guess is Prowl and Barricade as exclusives if it does happen), but less as speculation and more what I want, I'd love to see an Earth Mode Barricade differ from the others more. Maybe a unique head-sculpt, a modified alt-mode or unique weapon. Though then my mind races to nonsense ideas like 'Commander Class Blackout' cause why not?

Soundwave being an Earth Vehicle isn't that out of the norm. Animated, Shattered Glass, War/Fall of Cybertron, Robots in Disguise 2015, Cyberverse Soundwave all turn into Van or SUV type vehicles (War/Fall Soundwave being a Cybertronian Van/SUV, nonetheless). So, I can totally see that happening, maybe starting off as some kind of Satellite Van for Blaster and then a Generations Selects repaint for Soundwave?

Now, my question is - do we think we'll get some other out-of-left-field Seeker choices for Earthrise, like how we did Redwing? And what are the chances of a Generations Selects Artfire to go with Ricochet (Along with their Targetmaster partners). I can see them doing something like the Amazon Skywarp pack, that being a Voyager Class repaint with three Batlemasters (Nightstick, Nebulon and maybe Haywire/Any other Targetmaster not yet made).

(Apparently, I really like using parentheses and typing out the words 'I can see')

• Like Like x 1
  20. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can’t remember who had who but Artfire and Ricochet had the Japanese uses for Nightstick and Fracas (both of whom had their names swapped and then Fracas was replaced by Nebulon) so we already have Fracas who needs Autobot faction labels)

• Like Like x 1