War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Bumblebee doesn’t get redone in chug that often, the main ones being
    Classics (2006)
    War for cybertron (2010)
    Thrilling 30 (2013)
    Titans return (2016ish)

there was also an earlier legends figure but it was one the the pre thrilling 30 legends figures that was tiny so most people didn’t really pay attention to it. Anything else has just been repaints. Now if you want to say bumblebee gets redone a lot in the movie or tv series line then that is accurate, but he doesn’t get redone all the time in chug

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is what I meant thankfully in the CHUG line he hasnt been over saturated but thats probably due to the fact he was carrying the movie line and the new cyberverse line.

• Like Like x 3
  3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Again those are good points. Generations compared to the other TF media are far more willing to give us non G1 characters from time to time. Takara even more so at least until in recent years. All the same it'd be nice if Hasbro started to pay more attention to the other TF eras again and dish out more Generations representation to the point of some of them having their own dedicated lines. From the looks of it,Hasbro may be aiming to do that if the BW movie is any indication.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Fenrys

News Credits:
    and rid15

• Like Like x 3
  5. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know Fastrack is wave 3's modulator, but do we think we'll get one in wave four? Hot House and Greasepit are both still available of the Micromaster station guys...

6. Reaper6

Reaper6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think it was Hot House who was confirmed as a selects release and I think we heard something about Greasepit but I'm not sure.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Joseph Joestar

Joseph Joestar Well-Known Member

Youtubers in their thumbnails.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I would really love to see some more Decepticon weaponizers.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally agree. Over two lines we got Brunt, Fasttrack and Airwave (He kinda counts)

The autobots got Cog, Six Gun, the power dashers, Ironworks so totally out numbered.

10. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Siege is pretty Autobot heavy. It's perfectly summarized by "Spinister and an onslaught of Seekers from the RGB wheels". Megatron is painfully passable, Soundwave is a glorifed action master, Apeface is a TR reject and has the oddest white ever picked, Shockwave comes with arms no one cared for, Barricade is a mediocre Prowl retool, and Astro is now shelfwarm material, and does anyone even remember Flywheels?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    between siege and selects there was 52 autobots and 43 decepticons counting each multipacks characters individually (micromasters, battlepacks, etc), only counting mainline refraktor once, counting takaras nemesis prime and counting same character repaints. its not quite as autobot heavy as people make it out to be. hell if you include mainline refraktor x3 (as he is intended to be) then the numbers change to 52 autobots vs 45 decepticons. thats only a differenct of 7

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Pixelmaster

News Credits:
    The thing is, would anyone gonna care about micromasters, battlemasters etc? I know myself and the entirety of Hong Kong don't. That means that approximately 19 molds excluded (and thats before the micromaster 10 pack). I remember last summer toy stores had Starscream, Thundercracker and Redwing are just shelfwarming HARD. Moreover, if you count that Netflix Hotlink there are 8 Starscreams in the line. This means for every 5.375 Decepticons in the line there is one Seeker, and if we count the micromasters/ battlemasters out it would be 1 seeker in 3 toys. It's insane. I'm just sick and tired of Decepticons being put in a lower priority and its just either: Mediocre retools, repaints or Seekers.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    A: doesn't matter if you care or if you count them, the facts are facts
    B: the netflix figures are technically not siege
    C: decepticons were the ones known for using troop builders
    D: you say decepticons were lower priority yet they got the majority of the larger size classes

not trying to be argumentative, but the fact is that siege was not nearly as autobot heavy as people make it out to be, especially when you look at the line as a whole

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pixelmaster

News Credits:
    I just want more love for my Decepticons. Army builders are fine (1-2 are cute) but I dont want the majority of a faction just be the same mold in M&M colors clogging up store shelves.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

what if, we make, g1ified thunderhoof because I've lost all creativity and I want a tractorformer

• Like Like x 4
  16. Mister D

Lack of 'cons has been an issue as long as I remember. I recall back when Aaron Archer was on the boards he was being given a hard time about it, and he defended it (and lack of female figures) as saying they just don't sell as well. Collectors want them because we buy everything, but kids want the heroes first, and those are the characters emphasized in the cartoon.

As for the Seekers, with the exception of Thundercracker (and the forthcoming Hotlink), 5 of the repaints were aimed directly at adult collectors and not available in regular retail (at least not in the US). Kids don't troop build, especially not Voyager size figures.

It is a little odd to me that the cons seemed to get a disproportionate amount of the larger figures, but then again kids will be getting the cheaper figures more often.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Fenrys

News Credits:
    the rainmakers were available at targets in store and online in the usa

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mister D

Sorry - you're right about the availability. I will still maintain they were aimed squarely at the adult collectors. Kids have no affinity for 3 garishly colored redcos of the same figure based on 10 seconds of a 35 year old cartoon which would run them nearly $100 after taxes.

• Like Like x 3
  19. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Part of the problem is, that at least in the 84-85 groups, there aren't a whole lot of Decepticons that would really fit in the modern deluxe size. Meanwhile, most of the Autobot cars would. I'm not counting scramble-city style combiner components here since the two factions are roughly equal on those. After 1986/season 3 the sides do start to even out more. One thing that makes Siege seem more Autobot heavy is that they got the only Titan and Commander slots in the line (they do represent a lot of plastic and money invested). The leaders were fairly even (I'm counting Galaxy Optimus as a new mold since at least half of him was). Decepticons did dominate the voyagers, even if the repaint seekers aren't counted. But there were only three Decepticon molds in deluxe size. Micromasters are closer to being even, mainly thanks to that last wave, while Battlemasters are slightly tipped in favor of the Autobots (even if Aimless is considered "new", same reason as Galaxy Optimus).

+-MWG-+

• Like Like x 5
  20. Mister D

If I am correct (and I just jumped back into collecting) the deluxe waves consisted of 2 Autobots, 1 Decepticon, and 1 Weaponizer, and the weaponizers were 2:1 Autobots to 'cons.

As for the post '85 figures, I guess they wouldn't want to revisit the Targetmasters and Headmasters so soon after TR and PotP. Still, they have re-scaled figures in the past (think classics Starscream).