War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. KuroKage2001

KuroKage2001 Gib Tigerhawk combiner

Yeah, think they were some BotCon exclusives and they just stared in a Valentine’s Day specifical.

• Like Like x 4
  3. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

Wish we could get a Glyph and Tap-Out that actually looked like those Jack Laurence designs :l

Regardless, they would be cool to get as Selects offerings or something.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The gray ears on Tapout is a nice touch also if they molded the shins the same color as the feet that really bring it together...if they did a tapout repaint.

They are

[contraversal] it's nice to see a hetero couple in a Transformers comic.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JonnyBravo808

JonnyBravo808 Well-Known Member

I came up with a top 5 wants for future Earthrise bots. Here goes...
    1.) Ultra Magnus
    2.) Skywarp/Thundercracker (although rumored to be an upcoming seeker 2 pack)
    3.) Tracks
    4.)Motormaster
    5.)Barricade

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

Yes yes yes to this. Are there actually people who wanna go back disjointed collections that don't represent the character relationships and in some cases the characters themselves?

• Like Like x 3
  7. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    I like you guys work. More people should disagree in this format. Keep it up!

• Like Like x 6
  8. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Hey you, scale nut. isn't blaster taller than soundy mc wave in the cartoon meaning that blaster cannot be a retool from sounderwave because "no fit scale chart"?

9. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure cartoon-wise they were the same height. Obviously they were different sizes in the original figures. We’re going by toon-scale so a Siege retool of SW into Blaster would be fine.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know repaints etc are inevitable etc but why when people do want lists have pretty much all the characters we got in siege just slightly retooled be be earth modes. Most of them ie Sideswipe and the datsun bros werent overly cybertronian anyway. I understand the seekers but do we need all of them again! The coneheads are a given and Starscream but the others??

We need new blood damn it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    as far as the datsuns and seekers (at least thundercracker and skywarp) go, yes they are needed. personally i wasnt much of a fan of the siege versions of either. the chest is too short on the siege datsuns and their proportions overall look kind of weird. vehicle mode i was ok with but the earthrise bot mode is a lot better, and siege starscream is damn near the perfect seeker. sure, he lacks some of the articulation that siege had, but its a trade off of not wearing his entire vehicle mode on his back. also with over 70 individual numbered figures released last year during siege and selects there is more than enough room for a couple of repaints

• Like Like x 3
  12. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    IMG_9861.JPG
    Yeah that's right! Blaster is a born leader class. Can lead my bots anytime.
    Unique Toys Soundmixer is the perfect scale.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer Earthrise Starscream not going to lie and given he is one of the main players it makes sense but my issue is using the seekers and datsuns again takes up space for characters we aint had yet. Plus so soon since getting them in Siege is a bit much, put them in the third part by all means but all of them again less than a year a part is overkill.

• Like Like x 2
  14. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    at least nobody is really saying that the rainmakers or redwing should be redone too :p  besides, the coneheads are all but guaranteed since they are on skylynxs box and like i said, there was over 70 releases last year, an extra 4 repaints on top of the redos we've gotten (prowl, bluestreak, thundercker and skywarp) isnt really a huge amount of slots. in addition to that we are also getting plenty of new guys in earthrise as well

15. Joseph Joestar

Joseph Joestar E

Instagram:
    Ahh, thank you uncle barry.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

They could go the exclusive route. Seige Bluestreak was technically a Walmart only release. I guess Seige Smokescreen was too?

I want Earthrise everything... Lambos, Datsuns, Seekers.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The coneheads are fine though as not already had them so its cool. Well Smokescreen taking up a deluxe slot when got a selects figure is irksome.

May not be a huge amount but still could have been new characters and revisited in part 3 if they really wanted to do them in earth modes

• Like Like x 2
  18. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and what if part 3 isnt earth modes? characters get redone every year, sometimes its the usual suspects and other times its not, but do overs are inevitable. think of the wfc do overs like the ones from the beast era, every year saw characters with new bodies (a large chunk of the show cast in fact), cybertronian to earth mode figures arent much different. its not like they are the same toy only slightly remolded (except megatron). earthrise prime is more new mold than remold, starscream borrows from a 14year old figure but is still a new mold and smokescreen isnt just a remold of the selects version. theres so many ways they could have taken the easy way out.

also take a look at the characters they are doing that are new, never had an update or never had a g1 accurate update
    sound barrier
    slitherfang
    doublecrosser
    trip up
    daddy-o (big daddy)
    bombshock
    growl
    ground hog
    roller force
    blast master
    fuzer
    hoist (previous deluxe was idw)
    cliffjumper (previous deluxes were bumblebee repaints or a prime rehead)
    ironworks
    airwave
    alicon
    trailbreaker (same as hoist)
    fasttrack
    sunstreaker (universe deluxe didnt have the car hood as its feet)
    runamuck
    snapdragon
    quintesson judge
    optimus prime (first kibble free figure that also includes a trailer)
    doubledealer (previous voyager was totally innacurate)
    skylynx (previous figure couldnt separate)
    scorponok
    wingthing
    skar
    knok

alternatively the do overs that have had fairly accurate releases are
    wheeljack (generations 2010)
    arcee (thrilling 30)
    smokescreen (siege for bot mode only)
    starscream (classics but he is too small)
    grapple (hunt for the decepticons)
    megatron (siege)
    astrotrain (siege rerelease)
    smashdown (siege rerelease)
    frenzy (bumblebee movie)

29 new/more accurate updates vs 9 "redundant" updates. roughly 1/4 of the line is "redundant" but even those are arguably (though not definitively) better than their previous releases

• Like Like x 4
  19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    With how Hasbro's going down hard with the G1 direction for the brand nowadays it's understandable for some to think that Hasbro will take redoing classic G1 charactes to an extreme level to the point of pulling a Malibu Stacy to use a Simpsons reference especially if it's gets more commonplace in the future as part of Hasbro's way to keep familiarity going. I mean sure Hasbro's giving us plenty of characters that are either aren't that G1 accurate to begin with or never had an CHUG update in general now but how do we know that Hasbro won't end up doing nothing but rehashes of only it's iconic G1 characters in the future without end?

Granted that's just an extreme worst case scenario given how we're getting a BW movie in the future which means that Hasbro is indeed making plans to move beyond just G1 in the future to cater to fans of TF eras after G1 but like I said I also get why some people would think that.

• Like Like x 4
  20. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the malibu stacy example is an absolute falsehood though because the premise of that comparison is that the malibu stacy dolls were 100% identical with the exception of their accessories. of the earthrise do overs all of them are either entirely new molds or merely borrow parts from their previous figure. earthrise prime is not the same figure as siege prime, nor is earthrise starscream the same as siege starscream. none of the do overs are an identical figure with new accessories.

i agree that what you are saying is an extreme worst case scenario, like you said, there are other lines including the tv show line (currently cyberverse) and studio series.

• Like Like x 5