War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

[​IMG]
    HE TOOK MY CHANCES OF GETTING BACKSTREET >:[[[[ WARDEN MUST PAY
    @orangeitis get the guns we are driving to rhode island to fix the error >:[

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    We’re getting a selects bugbite so bumblebee is all but confirmed

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    lol that’s too funny

4. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

never mind false alarm...sunstreaker is a remold? shared enginering of wheeljack? original mold? I'm not so sure anymore looking at wheeljack and sunny side by side
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm really not sure what he is

• Like Like x 1
  5. HoneyBee86

HoneyBee86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You say that like it’s a bad thing that Bumblebee is coming

6. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

With the reveal of Sunstreaker and Smokescreen .... I hate to say it, but we really need Earthrise Sideswipe, RedAlert, Prowl, and Bluestreak now.

I kind of want a Tracks now too because he hasn’t had an update in a long time.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

yea I'm gonna disagree with that first bit, sideswipe and redalert look quite earthy, and no I refuse for the others to happen
    [​IMG]
    we need selects alternators smokescreen

• Like Like x 3
  8. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Re-CAD. Similar skeleton (and I think the shoulder pieces might be identical), but everything else was re-done in the drawing phase

• Like Like x 4
  9. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

so you're saying there's a chance I can have my backstreet from wheeljack/sunstreaker

• Like Like x 3
  10. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Only way I’d buy a new Smokescreen

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you say it enough in a speculation thread, it will happen. They've done enough new car molds they'll have to re-use them as *someone*, so sure

• Like Like x 2
  12. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Already packed fresh underpants & jerky!

• Like Like x 5
  13. KickCounterkick

KickCounterkick Where's Legacy Ricochet at? Poor guy needs a break

My hopes for the rest of this line.
    Deluxes (either Selects, Misc. Exclusives, or Mainline):
    Lockdown- Maybe a retool of Runamuck, hands can rotate to reveal 5mm ports for a hook, also includes EMP generator that can be stored on both the hood and the forearm.
    Jazz- Retool of Smokescreen (looks very similar), new weapons, new head, classic deco and I'm happy.
    Tracks- Legacy gimmick, hopefully new mold.
    Backstreet- Wheeljack retool, @Iruini is right, it just makes sense and it would be a nice left field character.
    Voyagers:
    Sunstorm- Just kind of want a Sunstorm, maybe with E-Hobby colors.
    Leaders:
    Scourge (or RID Nemesis Prime)- It would be a cool version of a popular character and I would buy it on sight.

14. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    FIORIG (Frumble is orange, Runzy is green)

• Like Like x 4
  15. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Anyone else think that a Titan-sized boxset of non-combining Dinobots could potentially be the Titan for part 3? They're about the only big G1 characters that really need to be seen in WFC.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Joseph Joestar

Joseph Joestar Well-Known Member

I'm thinking they can release leader Grimlock and very tall voyager Swoop separately, and the other 3 as titan class boxset.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

I am going to say "No." even if the idea is an interesting one. And only because the combiner team is both too new and those who did get it are ones that have history within the franchise.

Plus when it comes to the next combiner team my money is on Monstructor. With the runner-up being Dinoking. In all cases, here is the list of characters that received this class-size status, and possibly why they received it:

Autobot:
    - Omega Supreme was meant to be the biggest Autobot of his time, possibly as big as Devastator.
    - Metroplex was both a city-bot and was meant to have a larger scale figure in the end.
    - Fortress Maximus used to be the largest Transformer in the franchise.

Decepticon:
    - Devastator was the first combiner in the entire franchise.
    - Trypicon was a Titan-class figure for the same reasons Metroplex became one.
    - Predaking was most likely the best choice when it came to the Power of the Primes line.
    - Scorponok is both a city-bot and the second largest Decepticon ever made.

Other:
    - Unicron was a Titan-class figure for obvious reasons.

More than likely the final Titan-class figure for this trilogy will be Overlord. Even without the double Powermaster gimmick he was the second largest Transformer made in the original G1 franchise. And since the original was exclusive to both the European and Japanese markets, all I can say is that his Titans Return counterpart could ever constitute as any type of a substitute. Especially when it comes to those who want the original.

As for a Dinobot-based combiner team... Did the one they create for the Power of the Primes sub-line get any real praise? o_O  I have heard more QC complaints than praise for the actual set. But hearing you wanting this I might have overlooked a few channels on that topic. Either way I will be surprised if they decide to skip Overlord when it comes to part 3's Titan-class figure. Just like I will be surprised that neither Monstructor nor Dinoking become one in the future.

18. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    2 new wfc figures being revealed tomorrow at australian toyfair.
    Sadly i myself can’t go but will update you guys

australia previously ‘premiered’ Misfire and Slugslinger
    7254EE53-1306-42A5-A06F-3026890D7E8F.png

• Like Like x 4
  19. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    While I agree that we're unlikely to get the Dinobots again in WfC, either as a combiner set or as a 'normal' set without any gimmicks, I think the odds of getting a Titan Class Overlord in WfC:III are very slim. Looking at the overall shape of the WfC trilogy so far, I think getting a character from JG1/Euro G1.5 at Titan class doesn't seem to be where Hasbro is going. Commander class, a younger and thus more experimental price point, maybe. But I think a Titan Overlord is a similar sort of misreading as WfC:III being where the BW characters come in. The most compelling case, that I've seen, for the next Titan class figure is Metroplex.

I suspect that's Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker. Previews world has been a bit naughty.

So, we're now just waiting on reveals for wave 4.
    We've seen leaks for Exhaust, Thrust (neither of whom have had a Selects prefix, leading me to suspect they're mainline), Greasepit, and a Leader class 'Alternative' Optimus. That just leaves us with maybe two more Deluxes and a Voyager. Bumblebee keeps appearing on artwork and not getting a repaint of Grapple as Inferno seems kinda mad. I'm expecting some sort of reuse of the Smokescreen mold, either as Jazz (I feel like I'm hoping in vain here) or as Bluestreak/Prowl.

And I recall one of the folk who leaked the Selects stuff saying that was everything we'd see within this calendar year. So, we can surmise that we're not getting Artfire, Hauler, Flame War, Diaclone repaints, or any of the other guesses for a while, if at all, right?

• Like Like x 6
  20. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree with all of this. I’d guess next year will be an ‘86 Movie heavy year, what with Unicron coming & it being the 35th anniversary of the original film. I think Metroplex is so likely as the next Titan I actually sold my Thrilling 30 one (though I didn’t like it anyway, I never was a fan of the tiny waist & felt like the alt modes made way too many sacrifices)

I think Commander class may actually be Thunderwing, what with his connection to the matrix in the comics it feels like a matrix heavy year would be the perfect time to introduce him (‘Synergy!’)

Then Leaders could include Rodimus Prime, Galvatron (with Energon snap on armour a la Siege Shockwave) & Powermaster Prime as our inevitable Optimus. Voyagers I feel would include a new Darkwing, Dreadwind, Blitzwing, Blaster & Earthrise style Soundwave, with the Modulator style Deluxes being the 4 Micromaster Transports, finally being given robot modes.

5C2D24F2-268C-4CAB-9837-69682A629200.jpeg

I also remember Warden categorically saying there’d be no Dinobots in WfC last year, and that if Transformers didn’t share molds in the 80s they wouldn’t do so now. That’s why I think a Jazz from Smokescreen is highly unlikely, BUT I think he will share the same engineering (and maybe a few parts, like thighs or shoulders) like Wheeljack / Sunstreaker does & Bumblebee / Cliffjumper will as well. I do think we will get Jazz from the Smokescreen ‘style’, I just think it may be next year now.

If the Fan Channel Ratchet is from Generations, I could easily see an Earthrise G1 van style Ironhide, Bumblebee & say Greasepit being the final wave, with Exhaust going into Selects.

My guesses for the rest of Selects are Paradron Medic (Lifeline?) from Arcee, and Blue Bluestreak from Smokescreen. Maybe Prowl will be an Amazon exclusive? I could see Cordon from Sunstreaker, but it will probs be next year till we get him.

Any guesses what the ‘Hascon’ style pack we’ll get this year will be? It seems like we get more new tooling than just a new head, and we got Reflector with extra parts last year. I still think it may be the Omnibots, but something more left field wouldn’t surprise me either.

• Like Like x 3