War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

News Credits:
    I'd happily start as a "breast apprentice"...

2. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    Hubcap and Bumper are pretty much guaranteed, but I also would love to see Tap-Out and Rest-Q.

• Like Like x 4
  3. RedQueen

RedQueen Robo Thot

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'm ready to see more deluxe minibots. What are the chances of seeing a Powerglide?

• Like Like x 4
  4. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

News Credits:
    And *KAPOW* a nice *BLAM* Warpath.

• Like Like x 4
  5. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m not sure how you get Hubcap and Bumper from one mold unless you either:

Have swappable heads and likely pack both together.

OR

Make Hubcap orange (as a G1/G2 nod). Granted, I think two tone orange could look cool with a creamsickle body and a dark orange face and details. But it’s not exactly ACCURATE to anything.

I don’t see Hasbro marketing two figures that similar as separate releases, even across Selects and retail.

6. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Thundercracker and Ion Storm. Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    That’s a multipack.

Hm. Since Hubcap has no media appearances, maybe you make him white with an orange face like his original test shots?

8. orangeitis

News Credits:
    So we can't make Hubcap or Bumper part of a multipack...? 'Cause that's something that Hasbro would do.

9. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    For sure.

I don’t think Ionstorm and Thundercracker look that similar but then I thought back to Refraktor and Viewerfinder who are very close.

• Like Like x 1
  10. orangeitis

News Credits:
    I wouldn't worry. I'm sure Hasbro could differentiate them enough. Retooling would be an option too.

11. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    They could always give Hubcap his yellow and orange IDW colors. But I don't see a problem with putting one of them in the main line and one in Selects.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I'm not sold on this idea that everything in Earthrise (awful name, BTW) will have Earth-based designs. Let's have a look:

1. Apeface
    2. Starscream
    3. The map

Apeface:
    If, as we suspect, Apeface was brought forward from ER to Siege, he doesn't fit. He is very un-Earth in design, robotic gorilla aside. With his quasi-futuristic jet-mode and Headmaster gimmick, he'd be more at home on Nebulos than Earth.

Starscream:
    I believe it was in the leaked listings that Starscream was designated as Starscream Earth. The Autobots have Earth-based designs but aren't quantified with the term "Earth", so what's different about Starscream?

Map:
    Why go to the trouble of designing a map that will, presumably, show off other planets in the Transformers universe (Earth, Nebulos, Quintessa, Chaar etc) but then only feature designs from one of them? Does it not present an opportunity to showcase said universe? Let us not forget that Gnaw was one of the options for the vote. He's not from Earth.

When you put the pieces together, the idea begins to form that the Decepticons won't have Earth-based modes, unless designated thus, like Starscream. Apeface (and his hinted to partner of Snapdragon) certainly don't fit the model the Autobots are inhabiting, nor does Scorponok. They do, however, fit with the idea that the Decepticons are basing themselves on another world or worlds and thus need more space-faring (non-Earth) designs.

The reveals so far have been very Autobot-heavy. When you've got a line called Earthrise (urgh) and you've got some Earth-based designs to show off, it makes sense for this to be the initial taster. But I think as we see more Decepticons join the party, they'll have a very different flavour to them.

• Like Like x 4
  13. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

To be honest, many 1986 onwards characters do not look Earth based even though they are supposed to be? Arcee, Blurr, Hot Rod, Kup, etc.

14. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    That's more to do with the 20 year jump in the story. For a kid in 1986, suddenly you're looking at the year 2005. Things should look different.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Apricotoxin

Apricotoxin Member

I believe with ER Starscream there will be ER Skywarp & Thundercracker. I've put off thoughts to get Siege Skywarp & Thundercracker just so I don't have the same mold.

however there's a part of me that thinks, WHAT IF.. ER only carried on with Coneheads seekers and skipped SW & TC.
    Am I delusional to think that HasTak ain't that greedy?

• Like Like x 2
  16. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still waiting for a good G1 Jazz representation

• Like Like x 7
  17. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ok, so if I revisit this with the 'Mercenaries' info in mind, and roll with the assumption that these four will all be released in the mainline, rather than exclusives, how does that fuck up my last speculation?

Well, I guess it makes Megatron or Blaster seem like more remote possibilities and Inferno is potentially now an exclusive, If Mudflap is indeed a Grapple redo and Octane is a Voyager.

That said, I guess if Octane is a Leader then Megs and Blaster still have slots available. And having all three Decepticon Triple Changers be Leaders has a nice resonance.

Lockdown feels like a Wheeljack redo to me, though there's still the potential for him to come from a potential Tracks or Sunstreaker mold. I guess that bumps Knockout off my list.

Detritus takes up a slot. Bounce either Arcee or Windblade to chapter 3. Windblade seems more likely to be bounced.

That just leaves Deadlock. If I was doing those cards, and Deadlock was indeed a redo of Springer - as per the Gudio design -, then I'm not sure why I'd hide that and not hide Detritus. I guess Detritus from Hound is a lot more inevitable, so why bother pretending? Hmm.

If he was a Deluxe I'd have to bounce either Sunstreaker, Tracks, Pointblank, or Sureshot. I feel like, oddly enough, the Targetmasters are more locked in than the '84/'85 cars, at least for this 2nd chapter. But maybe He's the Voyager and I'm back to bumping Megatron or Blaster. Hmmmmmm.

Ok, for the record I'm going to say that if he's a deluxe Drift would be a Sunstreaker redo, because big shoulders, and Tracks won't get a look in until chapter 3, along with Jazz and Skids. And Voyager is a Springer redo. I'm committing to the latter in the below list.

ok, so Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders.

Deluxe: Wheeljack, Hoist, Ironworks, Cliffjumper, Sureshot, Sunstreaker, Bumblebee, Airwave, Arcee, Tracks, Lockdown, Hot House, Pointblank, Runamuck, Detritus, Greasepit,
    Voyager: Grapple, Earth Starscream, Snapdragon, Deadlock, Blaster, Dirge, Mudflap
    Leader: Optimus Prime, Blitzwing, Roadbuster, Octane

Of course, the real game changers that upset my speculation is...sixth wave! Or even just putting out four Deluxes per wave. Christ! Imagine if both things were true. 24 Deluxe figures at mainline?!?!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

The only commander class figure I will accept is big motovator >:[ I shall start my campaign of spamming hasbro social media sites soon for this dream to come true.

Also a target exclusive 3 pack of seekers that are from ultimate doom would be cool, maybe either them or the welcoming committee

• Like Like x 3
  19. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    More than happy to co-sign aforementioned spam. Big Motorvator or we riot!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Yes my friend, support the cause and break into wardens home and replace all his food with pictures of big motovator

In all seriousness I think he could actually work as a commander class figure

• Like Like x 2