Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.
The next Commander Class, Galaxy Shuttle.
The prime we needed
If a company were to use the top half of Earthrise Optimus, SS-38's legs, modify them to both be G1 styled, paint it correctly (red, white, blue), we would have a mini MP-44.
im curious as to the practical purpose of the new faction
it could just be a marketing gimmick to make people think were getting more characters and reality is we get less characters per faction
but i think another possibility is that we might actually getting more characters per line from the success of siege
I think it’s mainly to deal with a Decepticon shortage and general shortage of characters they could viably sell two of this close to Siege...And a side of characters like Devcon and Doubledealer who are about due for figures.
I so want this to be true. He doesn’t have representation in western media, so commander class is perfect without upsetting the scale rules.
So should we through out the idea that weaponizer figures wont be anything but bases now? They skipped slammer >:[ Plus there's so many characters that could work with the weaponizer class autobot x maybe?
I wonder if earthrise will use plasticless boxes and if so I wonder how they'll handle micromasters/battlemasters in particular
I'm really hoping that we get a new Inferno from that Grapple mold.
What's this new faction talk?
Mercenary...so more of lack of faction.
I'm not sure this is the same thing, but in the card game (I just found out in another thread), there is a 'Mercenary faction'. Maybe there will be a similar Earthrise faction to follow suit?
Basically The TCG introduced a new faction called the Mercenaries. It has Characters like Lockdown, Deadlock, Octane and Detritus in it.
People are Speculating that some figures from the Mercenaries faction could possibly pop up in Earthrise due to the product description from the TCG and the product descriptions for the figures from E-tailers like BBTS, Previews, Tfsource and ETC.
TCG Product description:
E-tailers Product descriptions:
Example BBTS listing for Wheeljack.
Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe Wheeljack
I do wish he also had a waist/hips closer to the Siege figure. The proportions with the new waist look a bit wonky.
I want a Shattered Glass redeco of Earthrise Optimus Prime badly,guys.
So very badly.
Okay, I'm sure most of these have been said, but I figure I'll weigh in anyway.
1) Trailbreaker, retooled from Hoist
2) Inferno, retooled from Grapple (both this and the above possibly through alternate venues, like Bluestreak and Smokescreen were to Prowl. Though as a voyager, he has a slightly
3) Artfire, also retooled from Grapple, probably a Selects toy.
4) Runabout, possibly through a different venue than the mainline, but pretty much a guarantee. Hasbro has gotten much better about doing characters that "should" go together.
6) Hubcap, retooled from Cliffjumper. Possibly a stretch, but I just don't really see this one turning into 'bee. I'd be okay if it did, but the car mode suggests otherwise.
Unless the're going the Prime/RiD/Movie/Cyberverse route of making 'bee more of a sports car now.
Okay, so those are the retools/specials.
On actual new characters...
7) I think Tracks and Road Rage have a pretty good chance. Tracks popped up in the fan vote and we've already seen some other characters who were in it, like Wheeljack and Spinister,
show up. So I think we can safely say the fan vote was more about "who gets made first" than "who gets made at all." Road Rage have been making some significant appearances in
the comics, with a very toyetic design.
8) Blaster. Whether as a retool of Siege Soundwave or a new mold, whether as some kind of communications truck or a boom box... Mostly because it would give ample opportunity for a
Micromasters set or two of his cassettes.
9) We'll almost certainly see some of the remaining Micromaster Patrols. The ones left are the Construction patrol (autobots), the Air Patrol (autobots), monster truck patrol (autobots), and the race track patrol (cons). We might also see the Micromaster combiners revisited again, maybe as a 'bot set to go with the 'cons from the tail end of Siege.
What are the odds on an Earthrise Perceptor?
I wonder if there's a possibility off seeing the other two micromasters that were not included in the micromaster patrols done in siege. They said that they had no plans for doing the rest of the guys in those patrols but that was in siege. maybe they were saving them for the next line?
I give Hubcap and Bumper similar odds to one another. If Hasbro’s going to be so completist about 1984 to include Powerdashers, Bumper falls into a similar category of obscure 1984 characters.
in addition, Bumper gives us the basis along with Cliffjumper and Bumblebee for a Brazilian Malignus vs Optimus 3 pack of the Brazilian Autobots (of the Optimus sun faction).
Green Bumper, Blue Cliffjumper, and Silver Bumblebee make up the group and strike me as a great homage to a rare artifact like Shackwave and toy deco Refraktor.
I would really love to see Seawatch and Fix-It in particular, but the rest of the Decepticon Air Strike Patrol would be really excellent too.
Bumper would be a great choice too, and you are right. Hasbro has been doing some deep dives for some of their stuff.
Separate names with a comma.