War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. KickCounterkick

KickCounterkick Where's Legacy Ricochet at? Poor guy needs a break

I'd say Skids, Tracks, and Sunstreaker have a high probability of being made, it's been a while since we got them.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

I think we're going to get half of each of the '90 Patrols for Earthrise.

It makes sense if you think about it. They did all of the '89 Patrols last year (half of each Patrol, but still)

The 10-pack gave us a sneak preview too. Three figures had unique head toolings, and two of those three had unique tooling on their torsos too.
    • Ricon - Highjump with the head and torso design of Hydraulic
    • Irontread - Powertrain with the head and torso design of Big Hauler
    • Cratermaker - Flak with the head of Bombshock
    Bombshock is already happening, as we know.

I think Hydraulic and Big Hauler are planned (not as retools). Air Patrol, Construction Patrol, and the Race Track Patrol have to be planned too.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Kaijufan95

Kaijufan95 Well-Known Member

That makes sense considering that 2 of those you mentioned both have Earth Modes and 1 is a Headmaster.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    yea, its really the only thing that makes sense and helps explain how a fan vote loser made it into a line he wasnt supposed to be in

5. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thoughts in general:

Trailbreaker like Sunstreaker is a S1 character who hasn’t had a noncombiner figure in years.

Jazz is a strong retool option for a few characters IMHO, including Rad (we got Rad’s partner Lionizer in Siege and I feel like Rad is probably imagined internally as a counterpart/rival to TR Krok), Rapido, and Omnibot Overdrive. Since we got Powerdashers, I expect Omnibots as Selects releases. Particularly as it seems unlikely we’ll get a new Prowl, he’s a solid hood-chest base mold. I give it 66% odds he’s in WFC3, 33% chance of an Earthrise release for reasons you mentioned. I don’t think we’re getting a new Prowl though and I STRONGLY think we’re getting Omnibot homages to match the Powerdashers so we need a hoodformer.

Quintesson is rumored credibly as a VOYAGER.

I think Hot Rod and Lockdown as heavy retools of one another are likely for deluxes.

I put decent odds on Arcee. I think Detritus (Junkion boxed set?) is possible. I think Kup from Siege Ironhide/Ratcher remains likely. I expect about 1/3rd of the major S3 characters in each part of this trilogy.

I think coneheads will be a bigger priority than Thundercracker/Skywarp. This mold appears to have design compromises you’d only make for coneheads. I think Thundercracker and Skywarp are more likely Selects/boxed set with Thundercracker being harder to get this time. I give a medium probability TCracker and Skywarp get skipped to focus on other jets this go around and that we may get a better non-conehead Voyager jet mold in WFC3 that give us earth mode Skywarp and TCracker.

Octane, I agree on, and I think Octane will be a leader and will be a retool/shared engineering with a WFC3 Rodimus Prime. For reasons I’ve gone into which include that they’ve clearly designed Octane with a detaching trailer jet rather than as a triple changer and with an axe that has a center 5mm port that appears to work as a spoiler for Octane’s back, similar to CW Hot Rod.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    except the new starscream figures design compromises are ones it shares with the classics figure, whose conehead remolds were an afterthought as the mold was primarily intended as starscream

• Like Like x 1
  7. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah but they have hindsight now to inform that. I don’t think they’d necessarily repeat some of those Classics choices without a reason and I think there’s a strong chance we’ll get another earthmode Starscream in WFC3 after the Siege seeker proved to be a goldmine.

Also, I don’t think Thundercracker and Skywarp are QUITE A-list to Hasbro and they might not be confident releasing them in 2 back to back lines.

Earthrise Starscream is probably an easy sell retooled/deco’d as Thrust, Dirge, Ramjet, Nacelle (Selects), Sunstorm (Selects), and Air Warriors to people who bought the Siege seekers whereas many can be reasonably expected to skip Earthrise Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp.

That leaves room to come back and do another earthmode seeker design based on Coronation Starscream with more anime proportions (he uses a different character model in TFTM) in WFC3 with Skywarp and Thundercracker there.

Effectively, I think there are SO MANY possible seeker uses in Earthrise that Skywarp and TCracker stand a good chance of getting edged out and that there’s probably also a strong incentive to re-do Starscream a third time in WFC3 that TCracker and Skywarp might share a mold with.

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Those are the most likely roster of characters we'll see in Earthrise. as much as I'd love to see the IDw Stealth Bomber Megatron in a larger size class I'm fully epxecting an Earthrise Megatron to be just G1 Megatron with an Earth tank mode instead. Though I'm ok with a G2 Megatron that's closer to his actual released figure in the 90's too.

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

If they did yet another Starscream mold for part 3, I'd much prefer they do a non-g1 version of the character (Armada, Machine Wars, etc.)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    i still think the only reason optimus and starscream are even getting earth mode figures is that their vehicle modes in siege are the biggest deviations from their traditional earth modes (plus the plethora of seeker repaints). i wouldnt bank on a v3 of either of them in a g1 design for part 3 (except maybe as grey/dead versions of their earthrise molds)

• Like Like x 1
  11. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I thought of another thing that could be a good selects figure. I doubt we'll get it, but I think they could totally do a little retooling on Siege Chromia to turn her into Solus Prime

12. KickCounterkick

A boxset consisting of some primes wouldn't be bad, maybe Animated Sentinel homage in there? I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    no, they did do something wrong. Half of them are non-vehicle alt modes, not to mention being torture devices ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. DualDiac84

DualDiac84 Clearing out, Buy my stuff!!

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd be nice to see an ACTUAL EARTH mode rodimus, like in IDW and Alternators with the spoiler just becoming the back of the car.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  15. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

They murdered Flywheels. That's what they did wrong.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    No, it is because they killed Trailbreaker, Why do you think Star Saber hasn't got a toy yet, he murdered Mirage. You just can't murder an '84 character like that and not get unpunished, and that is how Hasbro punishes, no chug toys.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I’d buy that for a (20) dollar!

• Like Like x 3
  18. KickCounterkick

Would not mind that one bit, here's hoping.

The only Robocop references (which I assume is your intent) allowed here regard only Barricade and Prowl.

• Like Like x 3
  19. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    While I don't think we have a proper Cybertronian Hot Rod yet, I would definitely love to see this, ain't gonna lie.

• Like Like x 3
  20. DualDiac84

DualDiac84 Clearing out, Buy my stuff!!

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah I guess I would agree with that too, TT hot rod isn’t that great and Potp messed him up too.

• Like Like x 4