War For Cybertron: Earthrise Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Part of a complete breakfast

News Credits:
    Wave 2:

Battlemasters: Rung, Slitherfang

Micromasters: Astro Squad (Fuzer and Blast Master), Race Track Patrol (Ground Hog and Roller Force)

Deluxes: Airwave, Allicon, Arcee, Smokescreen

Voyagers: Quintesson Judge, Snapdragon

Leader: Doubledealer

Wave 3:

Battlemasters: Doublecrosser

Micromasters: TBA

Deluxes: Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker

Voyager: Earth Megatron

Wave 4:

Deluxe: Runamuck (fan vote)

Future waves:

Micromasters: Battle Squad (might be a Siege reissue)
    “Famous Decepticon” base (might be Galvatron)
    “Japanese G1 Autobot” base (might be Sky Garry)
    “RID (2001) Autobot homage” base (likely Optimus Prime)

Commander: Sky Lynx
    Titan: Scorponok with Lord Zarak

Selects: Spy Patrol ($20, at least 4 cassettes judging by the price)

Who are you hoping to see in this line?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020 at 11:55 AM
  2. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m hoping for some hint of pointblank and sureshot

• Like Like x 13
  3. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Here are my guesses and/or hopes and dreams

Titan Class
    • Metroplex - Either a new mold or a reissue of T30 Metroplex
    Leader Class
    • Lugnut - new mold
    Voyager Class
    • Thundercracker - Repaint of Starscream
    • Skywarp - Repaint of Starscream
    • Dirge - Retool of Starscream
    • Ramjet- Retool of Starscream
    • Thrust- Retool of Starscream
    • Inferno - Retool of Grapple
    • Blaster - Retool of Soundwave
    • Blitzwing - new mold
    Deluxe Class
    • Sunstreaker - retool of either Sideswipe or Wheeljack
    • Bumblebee - new mold
    • Tracks - new mold
    • Prowl - retool of Siege Toy
    • Punch-Counterpunch - either release of PotP toy through Generations Selects or retooling of mold to fit with other WFC Trilogy figures
    Legends Class
    • Tailgate - new mold
    Legion Class
    • Rewind - Retool of Rumble
    • Eject - Repaint of Rewind
    • Steeljaw - new mold
    • Ramhorn - new mold

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020 at 9:43 PM
    • Like Like x 4
  4. HoneyBee86

HoneyBee86 Well-Known Member

Alright boys. Name some peeps that you’d like to see come to the next line as retools/remolds/repaints

I’ll go first; Inferno. Easily, with that Grapple mold

• Like Like x 2
  5. RedQueen

RedQueen Robo Thot

Tumblr:
    I think Habro is going to blow their load on the new Earth vehicles for wave 1, and the display at NYCC, but then we’ll see some cybertronian vehicles in later waves, maybe consisting of arcee and movie decepticons.

I’m just going through the grieving process and need to accept that the new stuff won’t match aesthetically with my Siege shelf

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Let's see, some quick speculation

The easy stuff;
    Grapple - Inferno, Artfire (Takara exclusive probably)
    Hoist - Trailbreaker
    Cliffumper - Bumblebee
    Wheeljack - Possibly shares tooling with Tracks and Runamuck?
    Runamuck - Runabout
    Optimus - Nemesis (I know they just did it, but still)
    The Seeker/Conehead repaints we all know and love
    Snapdragon

New stuff I think is likely

Earth mode Soundwave - Blaster (and their cassette minions)
    Prowl, Ironhide, Hound, Sideswipe, Mirage Earth Modes, and the various repaint characters connected to those molds.
    *I suspect they might be used as line filler alongside "fresh" molds in each wave.*
    Blitzwing
    Jazz
    Sunstreaker
    Skids - Crosscut
    Brawn
    Hot Rod
    Needlenose

Maybes

Arcee - I really want to see how they can improve on the 2014 one, but they might save her for Part 3 since she has a Cybertronian mode/Part 3 might feature more TFTM characters
    Dinobots - fingers crossed for Leader Grimlock, that's my most wanted G1 character after Earth Starscream. Hopefully the other Dinobots follow soon enough.
    *Perhaps they could be given their own temporary category so they don't overflow the Leader class?
    Bombshell and/or Kickback
    Bulkhead
    Roadbuster
    Windblade- Slipstream
    Whirl
    Sky Lynx

• Like Like x 1
  7. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Honestly? Hot House as another “Modular Base system” user.

What I really want to know, is who the Bases will be repainted into. Assuming they do 3/4 of them, who could they even be repainted as? I’m hoping for totally new characters.

• Like Like x 3
  8. RedQueen

RedQueen Robo Thot

Tumblr:
    Found in the descriptions of the new reveals:

“The AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS have left CYBERTRON, but their battle rages on as they speed through space in pursuit of the ALLSPARK.“

This implies that we haven’t arrived on earth yet. This part seems to take place as our cast is traveling to Earth, and I guess the Allspark is here now? O k.

This was specifically in Grapples description:

“The artistic architect, AUTOBOT GRAPPLE, features an A.I.R. Lock connection point on the truck mode crane that can attach to Modular Battle Stations to expand and customize the battlefield.”

What do you guys think the A.I.R lock connection is? Is it just a new name for the C.O.M.B.A.T. ports or are these names for the ramp connectors?

I’m holding out hope that since we’re still in space, we still get space themed vehicles, I’m just so bored of Earth

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The first couple of waves should be heavy with the remaining '84-'85 characters we haven't gotten since Titans Return. We'll probably get Trailbreaker and Hoist, Sunstreaker, Skids... maybe a new Deluxe-class Warpath and Powerglide.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Notomus

Notomus Unofficial Pope of Devconism

News Credits:
    am I the only one who finds it to be really scummy of Hasbro to release better more accurate versions of molds that they released a year prior, not once, but twice in the last few toylines?

• Like Like x 7
  11. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    I'm gonna predict that Hauler will be Selects and Artfire will be some sort of store exclusive.
    I'm also curious about this. I mean, who saw the Powerdashers coming? Maybe they'll do some obscure characters from the comics.

12. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    I sense Cordon from Sunstreaker, Ricochet from Jazz (although this could be an improved version of it.), and Outback from Brawn.

Ah, yes, the ramps go in their own tack while the pegs are different. I still wish for a new-type combiner to be made.

13. HoneyBee86

HoneyBee86 Well-Known Member

I made a whole list not long ago of some characters that should get a figure, so some of the ones one here may already be out or expected. Maybe I overdid it just a little bit I think it’s solid at least. Let me know if I missed any.

• Windsweeper
    • Crankcase
    • Ruckus
    • Needlenose
    • Snapdragon
    • Misfire
    • Slugslinger
    • Triggerhappy
    • Quake
    • Overlord
    • Bludgeon
    • Demolisher
    • Blitzwing
    • Lockdown
    • Lugnut
    • Conehead Seekers & other regular Seekers
    • Galvatron
    • Cyclonus
    • Scourge
    • Thunderwing
    • Shatter
    • Dropkick
    • Sixshot
    • Grindor
    • Sideways
    • Knockout
    • Nemesis Prime
    • Vehicons
    • Deadlock

• Bumblebee
    • Trailbreaker
    • Sunstreaker
    • Jazz
    • Wheeljack
    • Bulkhead
    • Whirl
    • Hot Rod
    • Tracks
    • Blurr
    • Kup
    • Brawn
    • Cliffjumper
    • Cosmos
    • Warpath
    • Broadside
    • Sandstorm
    • Alpha Trion
    • Sentinel Prime

• Blaster
    • Perceptor
    • Quickswitch
    • Dion
    • Deacon
    • Rack’n’Ruin
    • Drift
    • Pharma
    • Getaway
    • Nightbeat
    • Pointblank
    • Skids
    • Sureshot
    • Joyride
    • Slapdash
    • Backstreet
    • Dogfight
    • Deftwing
    • Ironfist
    • Streetwise
    • Pyro
    • Dinibots
    • Powerglide
    • Huffer
    • Leadfoot
    • Hot Shot
    • Roadbuster
    • Tailgate
    • Thunder Clash
    • Grapple
    • Hauler

• Arcee
    • Nautica
    • Windblade
    • Strongarm
    • Elita One
    • Minerva
    • Anode
    • Lug
    • Override
    • Road Rage
    • Aileron
    • Proxima
    • Glyph
    • Roulette
    • Swift
    • Maxima
    • Velocity

• Slipstream
    • Strika
    • Thunderblast
    • Black Airachnid
    • Shadowstriker (Cyberverse)
    • Shadow Striker (Universe)
    • Flamewar
    • Shatter (BB)
    • Lyzack
    • Crasher
    • Nightracer
    • Nickel
    • Swift
    • Spacewarp
    • Fracture
    • Twirl

• Like Like x 2
  14. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    So we still don't know what that Leader class armored car is. We all have our wishful speculation about it. Rodimus Prime. Bulkhead. Roadbuster. I'm personally wishing that it's Roadblock.

But ever since the Ironworks reveal, Micromaster bases have been open fields for speculation, with even a rumored Commander Countdown/rocket base. What if that Leader class armored car is actually Groundshaker? Would he fit the qualifications laid out by Catz?

Also, posting random crack speculation from the other thread: Nightbeat.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If you look at the palm of Grapple's claw in the photo of him in bot mode you'll see there is a fitting for a rail.

IDK if that's it but it's new.

• Like Like x 1
  16. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Ok, here goes...

Earthrise Speculation list!

Battlemasters:
    I'm expecting Peacemaker and Spoilsport. and the one that got leaked a few days ago, whose name escapes me Beyond that I've not got a clue.
    Micromasters: Hot Rod Patrol, Battle Patrol, Frenzy and Buzzsaw, Monstertruck Patrol, Racetrack Patrol, Air Patrol, Metrosqaud, Astrosquad, Constructorsquad
    Deluxe: Wheeljack, Hoist, Ironworks, Cliffjumper, Sureshot, Sunstreaker, Bumblebee, Airwave, Arcee, Tracks, Knockout (Tracks remold?), Hot House, Pointblank, Runamuck, Windblade, Greasepit,
    Voyager: Grapple, Earth Starscream, Snapdragon, Megatron, Blaster, Dirge, Inferno
    Leader: Optimus Prime, Blitzwing, Roadbuster, plus some retool of one of those into something homages another non-G1 line, such as Galaxy Prime. Someone better versed in such things help me out?
    Commander: Sky Lynx
    Titan: Scorponok

Exclusives
    Walgreens: Trailbreaker
    Amazon: Thrust and Ramjet
    Plus Runabout, Artfire, Slicer and Roadrage and some other crazy shit I haven't even imagined.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Howitzer Hound

Howitzer Hound Active Member

So, just a small thought I had on Continuity - I wonder if in this continuity, the war on Earth isn't anywhere near as big as the ones we've seen in previous incarnations? Like it's just a pit-stop in a war filled with pit-stops? Or, what if the 'Robots in Disguise' part of the franchise is only around for a very short amount of time, and guys like Ironhide, Sideswipe and Soundwave don't necessarily need to take on Earth modes. Like, by the time those guys join in on the Earth Wars, the Autobots and Decepticons are already well into it publicly, and thus, don't need to transform into a Van, a Lamborgini or a Tape Deck for disguise? Maybe that's how they'll be able to get away with certain characters not having Earth Alt. Modes/not giving all of the major Bot/Con players their Earth Alt. Modes.

That being said, a few ideas pop into my mind;

Voyager Megatron - I don't see why Megatron needs an Earth Mode. I mean, I feel if he shows up, he's not there to hide. That being said, I'd love to see a Animated inspired Megatron. I was looking at Springer before and thought he'd make a decent version of the Animated Megatron with some retooling (Add in the wings for Megatron's dual propellers, a new headsculpt and maybe a new set of fore-arms to make him a bit different). Of course, a brand new mould would always be appreciated for just about any character.

Leader/Commander Blackout/Lugnut - I think I just associate Blackout in my head with 'first contact', as that what he basically was in the 2007 movie (Minus Megatron and the Allspark). I don't really think you need a reason for Lugnut, but with Blitzwing most likely on the way, he'd be an excellent buddy-piece. The Decepticons are in need of a Commander, to help balance out the teams. And I think these are the two guys I'd like them to do it with. There is the speculation of the Micromaster Base idea, which is probably going to be the Commander class of Earthrise, but hell, who knows? Maybe they'd do two if they separate them to opposite ends of the release schedule.

Voyager Blaster/Soundwave - If we have a Soundwave, we need a Blaster. But if we get an Earth-Mode Blaster, should we get an Earth-Mode Soundwave, too? I mean, I personally think yes. Siege Soundwave is freaking awesome, but I'd be lying if I said that I am particularly thrilled with his Alt. Mode (His Lamppost mode is something else entirely. Next level amazing right there). But I'd be willing to bet that Soundwave would be either an exclusive or a Generations Selects.

Deluxe Arcee - What's the consensus on Arcee being a Motorbike of some description? To me, the Bike Alt. Mode is more synonymous with Arcee than her original G1 car mode is. Maybe she could be some strange combination of both, some kind of crusin' two/three wheeler that is thin and streamlined.

Deluxe Breakdown, Deluxe/Voyager Shatter, Dropkick, Deluxe Flamewar, Deluxe Shadowstriker, Deluxe/Voyager Stunticons - Okay, so say the Decepticons want to do some recon of Earth. Who do they send? Well, Jets and Tanks have the military scouted, but what about general day-to-day life? Or politicians? It's not like most parliament houses have an F-15 just casually sitting out the front. With Runamuck (Or Runabout) and eventually Runabout (Or Runamuck) coming to us, maybe they'll give us some more Clandestine Cons - Cars, Bikes, Trucks etc. Any one of the names I mentioned would fit in nicely. Breakdown also fills the role of Medic, Shatter and Dropkick could go nicely with Shockwave or the inevitable Bumblebee, Flamewar has been used in the TCG and was paired with Shadowstriker in the IDW comics, who could also go well with the inevitable Bumblebee.

Deluxe/Voyager Stunticons - Okay, following on from the Clandestine-Cons, the Stunticons were the Decepticons answer to the Autobots ruling of the roads. So, maybe, following that same thought pattern, we could get a new set of the Stunticons. The question is - Would they still combine to form Menasor? Could Hasbro keep the amazing Siege engineering, but still make a solid combiner team? I'd feel like the Stunticons might be the right team to try it with. The Limbs are kind of simple (It's literally just cars stuck to a big torso. Badass looking cars, mind you, but still...). And to that point

Leader Motormaster - Okay, so what if Motormasters was a Leader class figure, and the idea is that he comes with all the pieces necessary to combine the Stunticons? He's got the hands, the feet and any other parts that Hasbro deem as necessary for Menasor to properly combine, and it can all be stored either in his trailer (Which might be hard, given he IS his trailer, though they could maybe separate him from his trailer too) or, he gets a second trailer. One that stores the hands and feet in it.

Just some thoughts that have popped in my head over the day.

• Like Like x 5
  18. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I really hope this new arc isnt exclusively Earth alt modes.

• Like Like x 5
  19. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm gonna think outside the box a bit here. I think we're NOT going to get Titan Scorponok. The only reason people name him is because he's the Titan we haven't got. I think they'll save that for Part III, which is presumably Space themed and Season 3 / Season 4 themed.

I think instead we're going to get "Titan-class" Ark. But not in the way you think of it. I don't think there will be an actual full vehicle this time. Like something you can pick up and fly around. I think it'll be basically a larger version of that Deluxe Ironworks in concept. A big, modular open air base with some Ark details (like the engines, Teletraan I, a Medbay and Lab) but can be combined in multiple ways. And you can parts-form it into a robot that will be called 'Teletraan I - Battle Mode" or something.

I think it would work a lot better conceptually with the point of this line than Scorponok. And when else could something like that get made?

• Like Like x 5
  20. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Sounds cool enough in concept but 2 Autobot Titans in a row is no bueno, I'd be more open to a Titan Class Skystalker with it's own original Robot mode akin to Ironworks etc however @catz has already pretty much said the next Titan is Scorponock, I believe the words used were, "its who we all expect", It has to be Scorponock, before they go obscure and new, they have to do the final City former, after that and maybe Sky Lynx, it's open season