War for Cybertron: Earthrise Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    If there were 10,000+ Transformers figures, there would have to be on average around 290 figures per year for the last 35 years.

That absolutely has not been the case. While 2009-2010 certainely saw a lot of releases, on average there is a little less then 100 figures released per year. That equates to around 3,500 figures at max.

My family is the exact opposite. They think I could put them up on ebay and instantly rake in thousands of dollars. I’ve tried explaining to a few of them before that most are worth about $20, and I’d make less then that when you factor in shipping, but to no avail.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nemesis Reformatted

Nemesis Reformatted Banned

I just got Sunstreaker & Trailbreaker in the mail & OH MY GOD Trailbreaker's joints are loose. I never got a Transformer this loose right out the package before. Is this a thing with Trailbreaker or is it just my copy? I can easily tighten him up but what if a little kid got this & didn't know how to tighten the joints? His arms are completely useless, the shoulders & elbows can't even hold their own weight up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine is nowhere near that bad, was actually a good bit tighter than Hoist

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boomatronous

Boomatronous Well-Known Member

for me, it was Sunstreaker. His right hip was so stuck i had to use channel locks to free it up. Im overall most disappointed in him

• Like Like x 1
  5. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus Your #1 source for whatever this topic is about!

Very happy that they gave us an ER Lifeline, as I really wanted a figure of her in the past but the prices I saw on the T30 repaints were too high. I quite like her. As others have noted, they did a better job with her deco than ER Arcee's.

ER Lifeline 1.JPG

"Hey, don't look at me like that. I'm still a pacifist! This is strictly for recreation. Really."

ER Lifeline 2.JPG

In some ways, I prefer the T30 mold, but I can't deny there are some good points with this one. Most notably hands that can properly hold the weapons and the detachable back piece, while it doesn't make a very good "hoverboard," does make for less weight on the back, which is a pretty big plus.

T30 Arcee and ER Lifeline.JPG

• Like Like x 15
  6. Nemesis Reformatted

Nemesis Reformatted Banned

I've been wanting a Lifeline/Paradron Medic for ages. Unfortunately Amazon is holding mine hostage & my order is sitting there in limbo. Amazon said my order is going to be shipped around the end of Feb.:( 
    I wish it wasn't a stupid exclusive so I could order from a different place.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus Well-Known Member

20210110_222410.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'm not missing anyone... wait, I'm missing Buzzsaw.

• Like Like x 26
  8. TransFan84

TransFan84 I'm here. Peanut butter. Tighty whiteys. Fork.

That gun that Prowl's holding is pretty impressive. Which figure did it come from? I would give that to my Earthrise Ironhide. It suits him.

9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Missing anyone for what? If season 1 cons aside from Megatron you're also missing Reflector

• Like Like x 2
  10. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you want to try and get some accurate numbers, by all means, please do!

But I was curious too, so I started doing an estimated count for one year a while back, and taking in consideration all of the different lines (generation, the children oriented lines, the higher end stuff, the SS, etc.) I was easily over the 100 mark and getting close to 200 figure before I just quit counting.

And you might want to consider that some collectors DO actually buy multiple of a single figure, as some display them in both modes side by side, and some army build. (hell, I have something like 12 sneks, and several of a few others... 3 Brunts, 3 Allicons for example), and some might get some extras as backups.. I know I have few still in boxes because I fear breakage on my favourites... and then the extra ones I have to customize.

And I have no clue if that number contained 3rd parties figures either. So... what can I say...except that I wouldn't put it down as impossible to have such a collection... I've never counted mine, I'd be afraid (but note that I collect more than just TFs.)

EDIT: I just took 2 minutes to count what's in front of me at my desk and the small shelves about it, and I'm over 90 figures. So, if I would count what's behind me, and on the two displays, and everything I have in drawers in my office and in the kitchen (where I'm working on my True Origins story), easily double, even triple that number... that's just what's around me, I have a room that's my "storage".... just to give you an idea of how much and how fast a collection can grow as everything in my office that Ive mentioned is almost all what I've got in the last 3 years (or so), and I know for a fact that I barely got many a quarter, hell, probably less than a sixth of what came out in total.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  11. Space Skeletor

Space Skeletor On umpteenth levels of outdated memes.

Got a second Arcee for cheap, having a matched pair of handguns looks great with her.
    54D7796B-8BC2-4D02-A9FC-0326D5A93C06.jpeg

• Like Like x 18
  12. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Reunited and it feels so good!

I remember when three of these guys were Botcon exclusives. When Classics was a mere filler line.

• Like Like x 14
  13. TransFan84

TransFan84 I'm here. Peanut butter. Tighty whiteys. Fork.

Form up! Don't let anyone get to the baked goods! Uh, energon!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus Your #1 source for whatever this topic is about!

Sorry to hear that. At least the set isn't cancelled though. Hope you get them - they're both great figures.

15. Space Skeletor

Space Skeletor On umpteenth levels of outdated memes.

Dinobot Island Parts 1 and 2
    841C5077-0FF8-4631-A370-178F42361557.jpeg
    AF1B5A5F-67EE-40BB-B05C-08B4CC7BBD6C.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  16. Subdurmal

Subdurmal Well-Known Member

Starscream - "Runamuck! I think you've been drinking way to much coffee lately for a young bot!"
    [​IMG]
    Runamuck - "What gives you that idea?"

Starscream - "Call it intuition!"
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  17. Galaximus Prime

Galaximus Prime Humans are so plicomcated

Seems Wheeljack learned the meaning of the words "Going too far", finally. And it looks like Prime is having no part of it as well.
    primeraiser.png

• Like Like x 8
  18. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I finally have all six of them in the same size class. It's been a long time coming.

• Like Like x 17
  19. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    微博
    The upcoming Go Better / GX set for Sunstreaker. Blows every other kit outta the water. Just hope they do Cordon / Spin-Out versions too, which is the versions we have.

Has thigh gap covers and leg panels that cover the large gaps in bot mode. Also has a new blaster with hinges. The blaster is able to collapse down and store inside the leg if needed. Also has new spoilers which also double as forearm gap fillers. All the extra parts stay on during transformation.

ss1.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    ss4.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  20. Caveneau

Caveneau Well-Known Member

Can someone please tell me how the TR L Brawn scales with Siege/ER figures in alt mode? I've seen an image in a another thread with the 2 of them side by side in bot mode, but I'm curious about when it transforms. Any help would be great thanks in advance.