War for Cybertron: Earthrise Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

She's got other options. If you don't have the full car shell on, there's the slots on her back, the butt slot, and she's got some five MM ports in the backs of her calves that you can pet the handle ont to.
    Let's see once I get him, he, SkyTread FlyWheels, and Blot Blip can form a revenge team on the Decepticon Murderhobo Division. Anyone else I should throw in?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  3. LRJ2007

LRJ2007 ...

News Credits:
    IMG-6421.JPG IMG-6422.JPG IMG-6425.JPG IMG-6427.JPG
    Just got Earthrise Starscream, and in my opinion, he's a super under rated figure. I defiantly prefer this one over the Siege version.

• Like Like x 23
  4. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

More of a trident than a spear. Looks very good!

• Like Like x 3
  6. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Most of the time I throw shit at Hasbro / TT for their inconsistencies, QC and design choices that I Dont agree with.
    Today is one of these rare days, that I am obliged (and happy) to do the opposite:

IMG_20201109_183934.jpg

These guys arrived today. I only have minor nitpicks with them, but I wont post them since well...they are nothing to write home about.
    These guys will serve my MP collection well since IMHO they are the right size. No need for a replacement at all they are just one step away from been perfect.

Great show baron Hasbronen! You have earned my gratitude for once!

• Like Like x 12
  7. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Shockwave Lab SL-88 kit. 10 pieces per kit. Injection molded ABS.
    TFSafari and eBay have them.

• Like Like x 2
  8. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only common two "nit-picks" I've seen are that 1) many appear to have had trouble with getting the faces on.. I did to an extent on one, but eventually it snapped on and has been fine. And 2) that they should have made all of the mouths able to open/close.

One thing that would have been nice (though I wouldn't have used it much, but still) is some electronics like the old days... just a tiny LED built-in for that "energy stand"... I believe that a 3rd party has already done one, but again, once upon a time, Hasbro would have bothered doing such.

Myself, I find that the spin-level would have been more discrete. For that, I prefer the top-tap of the Cyberverse version.

But as they aren't articulated and the "transformation" isn't one that's been that popular, as a show piece, he's indeed a decent figure.

• Like Like x 3
  9. pilot00

Faces not snapping in, I resolved by simply disassembling them, slotting the section and reassembling, had trouble on all 3 of them.

I dont care for electronics personally, but the tentacle articulation (or lack thereof) is a bit of a complaint for me.

Presentation is great, the character resemblance is great, it has no annoying gaps everywhere, and for the first time form and function are not ruled and compromised by a useless gimmick (I consider both the transformation on this and the face rotation via switch to be useless, but thats just me).
    The only thing I would improve on it would be a way to hide the throne ports (or sculpt the entire thing a bit better and a bit larger), and made the tentacles out of something that would maintain its form when articulated. Damn things 'reset' to 'default' no matter what. Wonder if applying heat solves that?

Overall happy. Wish they continued making products at this standard.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    The tentacles are static? I thought they were wire frame? I don't have the figure myself, so sorry if that's an obvious thing

• Like Like x 4
  11. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    They just hinge at the base.

• Like Like x 2
  12. pilot00

Hey man dont be sorry for asking questions, :D 

As @Dachande said they just hinge at their slots. They have several slots to plug them and the tentacles are malleable, but they 'reset' to their 'default'. Its some sort of rubberized plastic or somesuch.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    I just know it gets irritating when a question is asked 80 times in as many pages, wasn't sure if this had been talked to death or not is all. Yeah that does suck though, I wonder if Nonnef or Shockwave Labs or the likes will be making poseable ones? Do they look easy to remove, can you tell? Thanks to you and @Dachande for answering though!

• Like Like x 3
  14. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The tentacles thing is something that I absolutely agree with, they could have done them articulated somehow (there's a few ways that I've seen toys that have similar thin "arms" that has flexibility... probably in hot water they could be reshaped. But if they did proper articulation, that would have increased the play-value of this toy by a huge factor.

Just checked on mine and those things are really in there... someone braver than me can try, but they are not easily removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Ah dang, that sucks. Well, here's hoping the MP alikes fare better if you're into those. Hard to keep track of who likes what level of ip infringement on this site haha

• Like Like x 2
  16. pilot00

Well, personally I dont mind, nobody is oblidged to read 700 pages to find an answer, and the search system isnt exactly accurate. But to answer you: Yeah, they can pop out very easy.

They could have used serrated hinges (dont know the actual name) but it would have been more costly and wouldnt look like the movie. But I would have preferred it. Anyway, I can forgive it....I am so excited I might get a couple more....I need a 4th for the "All hail Galvatron" scene, and I might get one for the office....It would be funny and will make look like the crazy guy, but who cares right? :D 

Really? I can remove them on all three fairly easily......Suppose its luck of the draw...

I was in for the XTB one, but after they loaded with a bunch of needles things (lights, remote controls for the rotation etc etc), they had the 'brilliant' idea of charging 170$ for it.....No freaking way. This option is way more bang for its buck IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Do you mean the faux ratchet joints like this?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. pilot00

Nope. I just cant articulate (pun intended doh!) my speech well enough. Language barrier and all..... :D 

Something like the tail on this thing: Snapshot_011.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. RLRazorback

RLRazorback "I like to play...'

Ebay:
    Have had ZERO interest in any of the modulators, but saw Airwave and Ironworks at Target and got them this weekend with the sale. Ended up that I like them a lot more than I imagined that I would.
    On vacation so excuse the pic quality.

20201109_135214.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  20. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Oooh alright. I think those are just segmented joints? Idk if there's an exact term for them outside of that

• Like Like x 2