War for Cybertron: Earthrise Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Oct 1, 2019.

1. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    and I though the blue hands ranting was bad... oy, not sure if that was entertaining or flat out sad.

I think it's interesting and to give perspective, but TFs have been on the ups and downs since they started. I saw times where it felt like the end of them more than once, and somehow the brand survived.

Then at times, the designs suffered, and other times, they were better. We've seen the plastic used get very crappy, and now it's better again with Siege. We've seen price increasing bit by bit, but now have jumped fairly badly with a good 40% increase with Siege.

But somewhere in there, I do consider that it's still amazing that we are still getting any. I hate a LOT about how Hasbro cuts corners with gaps, lacks of accessories and the overpricing, the cheap re-colours and minimal retooling, but I also am very glad when I see new figures, regardless if I like it or not, I tend to appreciate them. I weigh their pros and cons and overall will have a fair assessment to state why I like or not a toy.

My collection is over 40 years in the making and I consider these toys, and that I buy them as part of a toy collection that I can play and enjoy. I also consider that I do have other robots that aren't TFs, sell for much more, and do not have to same play factor... and for those, I also note that I've been buying less and less of them because the craze of "everyone is a collector" now, and it has driven prices up.

Some 3rd parties have flourished and jumped into the collector's market, and competition does push them and Hasbro to be better, and that's great.

But when I see people be rude, name call a group of people because they aren't part of them, stomp their feet over their own opinion, I end up wondering why such people even collect, why do they even come in threads and forums as it's just to debate and argue.

Seriously, was it truly necessary to see so much anger over a very minor part for a new toy that does appear to have a lot of merits.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Siege didn’t see a 40% increase in price, potp deluxes were $17 (that’s a $3 increase) and voyagers were $25 (a $5 increase)

• Like Like x 1
  3. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    Deluxes were 15 to 20$ here during CW and POTP, and now they are 30$.

Leaders were 50$, now they are 70$

So yeah... I stick to what I said.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I forgot Canadian prices are always higher, here in the states the price increase was not as bad and nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be

• Like Like x 3
  5. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 17
  6. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  7. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    Trust me, I wish that the increase would have been similar to the US and I absolutely do a o_O  when I see someone complain over a couple of dollars increase as they have no clue how lucky they are that it's such a small increase AND that it's easily available to them, as there's been so many figures that have been difficult to obtain and it's getting worse I find, not just for North America, but overseas is a lot worse..

• Like Like x 3
  8. PrimeVsPrime

PrimeVsPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    IMG_1183.JPG IMG_1188.JPG IMG_1193.JPG IMG_1194.JPG IMG_1195.JPG I apologise for not showing enough comparisons in my review. Hopefully these images will clear your questions up:

• Like Like x 31
  9. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  10. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, we really do have it nice in the states. Out of curiosity, how does the price of deluxes compare to marvel legends/Star Wars black series/power rangers lightning collection up there? Are they the same price like here or is there a noticeable difference?

• Like Like x 1
  11. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    I don't have any idea as I don't collect those at all. But I would suggest to check the Toys R Us site to see the prices (in CAN$ of course)

Toy Store For All Your Needs | Toys R Us Canada

• Like Like x 1
  12. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

Titans Return Bumblebee is around 4/10ths if a head taller than WFC and the top of his head is therefore about at the same level as the top of Cliffjumper’s eyes for anyone curious.

Cliffjumper seems to be partway inbetween MP21 and old Legends figures in height.

For 3P folks, this Cliffjumper is identical in height to KBB Hornets Agent, KBB’s upscale and retool of NewAge Flipper.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. kingmob75

kingmob75 Kreon

News Credits:
    I love everything about this statement.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Banned

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Cliffjumper beside one of the Datsun brothers.

17. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Thanks very much. These are really helpful.

• Like Like x 2
  18. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 7
  19. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    First off, if you're talking about a 27 year history with toys, you're a fucking adult and what I'm talking about doesn't even apply to you.

Assuming what you're saying is completely true with no exaggerations whatsoever... If you were "collecting" as a kid you really were in the minority, since you were probably actively doing your best to keep track of everything and not lose pieces. (especially 27 years ago... that's 1992, "toy collecting" wasn't really a thing yet the way it is now). I'd say my experience was more typical of a child who fancied themselves a collector: as a kid I actively tried to keep my TFs complete (unlike all my other toys, I never gave my Transformers away) and still managed to lose TONS of parts. Frankly I think you're overstating things trying to make your case.

I also think you guys are grossly overstating our objections to the partsforming. Do we think it makes the toy flat-out suck? No. Do we think it comes across as kind of lazy? Does it make us like the toy less than we thought we would? Sure. What's your problem with that? I mean shit we started complaining about the lack of ankle rockers in Transformers, they made ankle rockers standard. Let's raise a big stink about required partsforming that doesn't achieve anything concrete (like a giant, stable combined mode) so they stop doing that too. (I don't mind 'partsforming' accessories like Grapple's claw, or if it's part of the gimmick like Headmasters--though I prefer non-gimmicky toys--or even if the partsforming, if lost or incomplete, doesn't significantly impact the appearance of either mode, such as Breacher's gun. Cliffjumper has the worst kind of partsforming.)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1