War for Cybertron: Earthrise Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Purple Heart, Oct 1, 2019.

1. thedicemaster

thedicemaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cliffjumper looks to be about 10cm(4") tall, with a gun that is almost as tall as he is.
    but getting an accurate measurement is impossible as he's not standing straight.

I'd estimate his alt mode to be about 8cm long(3.15")

2. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Say please and I might. No offense but you’ve been kind of belligerent today when people are just trying to share information with you

• Like Like x 17
  3. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Granted I know most of the toys are intended for a younger audience with the "base" gimmick thing. But I just find the practically of them to be a little ridiculous. You could use Prime's trailer as a "base" but most of the figures aside from the battle/micro masters wouldn't even fit in it! If your in a war zone and wanted to use a base as protection....well Prime isn't getting any protection in his own trailer unless hes laying down in it <_< The ramp thing is another issue....like you can connect them to the "tow truck" part of Hoist. Ok what logical practically is that going to serve during a battle? Again, I know these are intended for kids and most of them aren't even going to think about this. As an adult I'm just buying the figures for themselves and not because of the gimmick, but I just tend always see things from a logical perspective is all.

4. HoneyBee86

HoneyBee86 Well-Known Member

You know what? I have been more than a little pissed off today. Thank you for noticing. It can’t be because I wanna try and prove a point that no one is willing to agree with. So, PLEASE, share with me a picture of the figure scale

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was kind of thinking that as well, but the idea of connecting Prime and Ironworks to Omega Supreme, with a smattering of TR base modes just appeals to me. I like the idea of setting a scene with the figures and pieces, so I think it'll be fun.

• Like Like x 6
  6. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

I complained...but only because I didn't know it existed until Starscream was already sold out.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

At first I was like "Ehhhh made up gimmick characters, whatever". But the Base modes are starting to grow on me. Could have some interesting diorama potential if you bought a couple of them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SlagNotSlug

SlagNotSlug Well-Known Member

A lot of the figures are shorter than their size classmates in T30, CW, TR, PotP - we get it. The sales price for a deluxe is now the sales price for a voyager in 2010 - we get it.

If there's a point besides that, let's hear it without swearing and histrionics.

I actually just came here to say that Wheeljack looks pretty sweet. G1 Wheeljack was my first TF and oddly enough, I haven't gotten another version of the character.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Okay, let's get back on track.
    I will say everyone's opinion matters and is valid, and as long as we can discuss them with respect to our fellow collectors, not pile on someone for their differing opinion, or lash out at others, then all should be fine.

• Like Like x 12
  10. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Anyone else think that Earthrise Micromasters look particularly promising? They may eventually convince me to build some base for them from these new base-bots :p 
    148606cd-97f4-4e84-842b-3d03e14ac03f.jpg c0c587e8-6c50-4d7f-9588-9d336ddd0ec1.jpg 56442987-afc8-4b87-9c23-5aab3d8237bf.jpg c058fbc8-ba2d-42d7-bf14-cb0417c2d81d.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  11. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

Whatever helps you sleep at night

The point is, something that was $7 10 years ago is somehow $20 now? As if a bazooka justifies the round up to the current size class

Inflation hasn’t jumped up THAT much. Crude oil prices have decreased since 2009. Kids still buy physical toys. Maybe the BPAs have finally gone to Hasbro’s heads

“Unified scale” = bigger profit margin on classically smaller figures. Now with hollow parts! It’s pathetic, really

I can just hear John Warden: “in-scale play ecosystem”. An ecosystem is a biological construct. This is businessspeak nonsense. Aaron Archer would at least sound down to earth.

I can imagine the micro master (or equivalent) packs being $30 10 years from now...at retail...and some people on this board would still buy them lol

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Yaujta

News Credits:
    No need for the added snark in an (once again for clarity) APPRECIATION thread.

Yes, prices have gone up. I don't like it as much as the next collector, but if it gets out of control or not worth the price in my opinion, I can always not buy the figures.

For the time being, I find the value to be there and will continue to enjoy and appreciate what is released.

• Like Like x 10
  13. transfan32

transfan32 “Dare to believe......”

All I’ll say is, scale is not that big of an issue for me. I’m just as excited to get a Voyager Class Grapple as I am a Deluxe Class Hoist or Cliffjumper, which looks to be about Refraktor size honestly. And yes, I even want the grey-handed Optimus Prime. I’m just glad to have the opportunity to get G1 styled modern updates of the characters I grew up with watching on TV, but never had the toys to play with. I say don’t get hung up on things like scale, articulation, or plastic color (not that that’s not important for some of you). Just appreciate the fact that we’re even getting these figures, because unless you go 3rd party or make them yourself, they ain’t gonna be available anywhere else. Plus, that’s what makes customization fun for some of us, the chance to add our own touch to the figure and make them our own. Starting with Siege, this is the first time in over 30 years Hasbro is giving us a true G1 inspired line of toys and I’m just glad to be along for the ride. The toys look amazing and I can’t wait to play with them.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These reveals are making my wallet cry, even more because I am in Mexico but thank god amazon exists. Apart from that its going to be tough not to get 2 ironworks and at least three soundbarriers for omega supreme and as long as they keep making these great playsets, then I'll keep buying. All of the others are guarantees except for Starscream and maybe prime. I already have both characters from siege si I've decided to not get this sekker mold (except in cone head form. But prime, is just a a medium taco with incredible salsa (that trailer is telling me to buy that prime at leader price point and I´'m convinced). Everything looks great now bring on the rest of the 84 gang

• Like Like x 3
  15. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    After taking some time to gather my thoughts on the EarthRise figures a bit more I think I am a bit more excited for this line than I was. I think I let my dissatisfaction with Hasbro leaving Cybertron behind so quickly clouded my initial judgements. The mysterious 3rd faction has my hyped for some possibly underused characters to pop up in the line. I’m also looking forward to having a Bumblebee who is not the same mold as Cliffjumper. The new Wheeljack having puns in his arms also means that there won’t be a repeat of what happened to my Generations figure so there’s no way I’m missing out on him.

I’ll remain patient until NYTF reveals (hopefully) what Decepticon’s we’ll be seeing. The Card Game Octane has me hopefuls that we’ll get him and Blitzwing so I can replace my T30 monstrosity. I’m interested in seeing what EarthRise Megatron might look like (I’d die for a triple changer). I’m hoping the Runamuck and Runabout figures look good because those are characters I’ve wanted figures of for years now. Since Spinister was made in Siege despite losing the fan vote, I’m really hoping to see Needlenose show up as well in EarthRise because there’s no such thing as to many Decepticon Jets.

p.s. Did anyone else find it strange that despite the fact that the Siege Weaponizers made the ULTIMATE army builders, that we never got a Decepticon Jet figure? The Decepticon’s are supposed to have air superiority so why did they only get a tank while the Autobots had a car and a jet? C’mon Hasbro! Give us Dejeticon weaponizer in EarthRise.

• Like Like x 2
  16. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

Cliffjumper is, my best guess, the same size as MP-21 with comparable articulation and engineering and a bit less in the way of accessories with Spike/Daniel being comparable to about a battlemaster and a half. The big difference I see is lack of a licensed vehicle mode.

He’s noticeably bigger than Legends and very much more complicated.

I think they made him too big for my tastes but he’s 100% what MPs were doing a few years ago, minus accessories and gimmicks.

Take $60 MP-21. Heck, that was overpriced. Say he’s really only worth $40. Subtract $10 worth of accessories and $10 for being an unlicensed vehicle. It feels about right.

I’d put this Optimus similarly on par with the $75 carbot MPs IF his colors were right. Similar in terms of mass, complexity, articulation. Mainly just loses out on color accuracy and licensed vehicle mode.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Noma-Caa

Noma-Caa Well-Known Member

For those questioning about a source for the scale, I found this video:

He doesn't mention Sunbow, specifically, but I do think it's pretty clear that that's what he's referencing.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Oh for those 1984 days when we just viewed everything with awe and told Mom and Dad I want them!

• Like Like x 1
  19. cybeast

cybeast Well-Known Member

Are we going back to Masterpiece Track, or Generations Track?

Jokes aside

I came here to say that sadly, Earthrise Wheeljack is not on my desktop yet :(  at this point I wish I have that Doraemon's gadget to took him out of the video.

BECAUSE HE LOOKS SO GOOD <3

And I'm going to arm him with Hammer and Shield.

And OP looks nice too, esp the articulated fingers.

I hope they'll do Warpath next.

I thought that's about how everyone has pieces to connect to the bigger base, thus "creating" a map of some sort.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    I didn’t think there is much of a debate regarding using robot scale from the Sunbow chart, I thought it was accepted.

The only debate I’ve seen is the degrees of accuracy Hasbro is willing to go with it.

• Like Like x 1