War For Cybertron Character Fan Vote For 2020

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by weevil, Jun 11, 2019.

1. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    If you’ve got the time, I would love to read your short reviews of the other candidates and why they don’t deserve to win. I’m happy for you to include details of your personal life and the impact these second stringers have had upon it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

Guys my Insecticon figures have united and are holding me at gunpoint with Sixshot’s submarine mode. My blood will be your hands if my bug boi doesn’t win.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Even having a gut feeling that needlenose won't win, I will not crazily over react like that.

4. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

Shot in the dark, you ARE the guy or you know him and you’re shilling.

Oh Moderator, get down here!

5. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Banned

News Credits:
    I do know him

6. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Separate to all of this, who did the artwork for these? They are beautiful.

7. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

So your spamming the channel to push people to check it out?

Don’t do that.

8. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Good one! Would buy in a heartbeat.

Wasn't exactly thinking he'd be standard citybot height. Maybe below 18 inches, and with his bulk, a couple dozen Micromasters, accessories & play features, I could see him being sold at Titan price point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. Ice King

Ice King Banned

I'm tired of jetcons for starters. As for my personal life; I ran into Runamucks holographic avatar in the form of Ryan Reynolds at Caesar's Palace. We were playing poker and I lost all my chips to him. Before his avatar left; he got robbed by a 13 year old of all his chips and took the blame on me by holding a gun at my face. I pleaded with my life to him but he decided to leave my fate to this bet. He decided that If he wins this voting trend that I'll be pardoned, but if he loses... He'll put a bullet in my head.

• Like Like x 2
  10. GoodxCross

GoodxCross Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    gandus' bulk could be acounted for in leader class(roughly) and some micromasters could help fill for the battle stars team if they get a 'titan' class release, grandus leader, sky garry voyager, and star convoy commander(roughly), and then a bunch of micros, ramps and what not.

11. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 MEGATRON ATTACK

News Credits:
    Wait, wait... Runamok?

12. orangeitis

News Credits:
    As I understand it, Grandus served as the HQ for Autobot Micromasters and was colossal, far too large to even be represented as even Titan size in a 1:35-ish scale like Generations. Didn't he only mass shift down to combine? How would a Leader-class battlestation even work if not just for combining?

Probably it's only the hashtag to avoid clashing with other FBers using the hashtag for other reasons and skewing the vote.

Runamuck's TCG card(releasing later this month) retains his name, so I wouldn't worry.

13. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 MEGATRON ATTACK

News Credits:
    After "Solar Storm Grappel" I don't know how to react to odd name changes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    I'd prefer Runamuck (and Runabout, make it a 2 pack!) but Needlenose would be fine too - neither were easily available at a reasonable price before (TFCC releases do not count).

But why are Gnaw and Shrapnel here? Shrapnel was released twice so there were no problems getting him if you wanted him, and Gnaw is still shelf-warming in some places locally. Plus, there's an up-sized version of the same toy coming soon too.

Why not make it interesting and include some other second-stringers like Slapdash or Horri-bull?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    So will the winner be announced tomorrow or will it take time to tally the votes?

16. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    This is going to kill me waiting for a results. But I'm not going to over react if the one I chose does not win.

I mean runamok might be as good. But I prefer needlenose.

• Like Like x 1
  17. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I hope they don't redo any of them except for maybe Fort Max honestly and I desperately want them to move on from G1.

• Like Like x 2
  18. orangeitis

News Credits:
    I doubt they'll ever do that. The only thing they seem to be doing is adding. The bayverse got their own Generations subline, no reason the others can't get theirs.

And besides, I doubt that G1ers have had their fair shake. Yes, 99% of the CHUG line has been homages to G1 up till recently, but only "homages". They got all "Siege galaxy Upgrade Optimus Primes" for years, only teasing them with the possibility of updated G1 characters that aren't MP-expensive. Not many actual factual true-to-character designs of yet in Generations. T30 and the Prime Wars trilogy leaned into it a tad, but it was still majorly homages. Siege seemed to have shifted straight-on into actual updates though, so it'll be years before the entirety of G1 has been properly updated.

tl;dr - I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Thing is though you can only push G1 content so many times before people will start to want something different from Hasbro, homages or not. What doesn't help make a lot of the other non G1 fans feel better about the hard G1 push we're getting nowadays is that Hasbro doesn't really seem interested in giving much attention to the other non G1 fans at all. Sure we have Studio Series but that's because it's still Hasbro's biggest money maker toy wise along with G1 as well as being the most well known non TF series out there. The other Non G1 series such as Beast Wars and the Unicron Trilogy aren't as lucky that's what's making us non G1 fans so annoyed about this. That can very well change in the future but still unless Hasbro shows us proof that they are indeed planning to give the other series love we don't have reason to believe Hasbro will ever give attention to the Non G1 fanbases that aren't the movies.

• Like Like x 1
  20. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I'm not, Hasbro has a mutant resentment for everything else except the Bayverse. However I strongly disagree with the idea that G1 fans haven't had enough yet. G1 updates have been doing since 2006. That's longer than G1 actually lasted (unless you count BW/BM). When Apeface and Snapdagon are considered two of the biggest holes that need pugging, I think it's time to start looking forward. To BW, RID, UT etc.
    THIS. The worst part is that Siege with Magnus' alt mode and Galaxy Upgrade Prime is Hasbro's idea of catering to post G1 fans. Two-thirds of one toy and one-third of another. That's an entire one between them! Why aren't you happy with that?! It's just sad. It's also put me off Siege almost entirely, I've bought nothing from the line and only have plans to get GU Prime, Jetfire and Omega.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1