War For Cybertron Character Fan Vote For 2020

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by weevil, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm on board with that, but didn't know about the podcast mention of not having a figure ready. We still have some hope, unless Hasbro cheaps out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RatnTire

RatnTire Member

I'm thinking that that might not be Skrapnel, because we are so fresh off the prime wars ones being released. If these are going to be deluxe sized it could be Chop Shop and we may end up with all the deluxe insecticons. Also Runabout/Runamuck would probably do better as a legends two pack like they did with Clouraker and Wingspan. I am all for a Needlenose, though, provided his targetmasters are, at the very least, available. That's if they're not packaged with him as a set.

3. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah. It sucks how aesthetically different members of a subgroup can end up being when they aren't released in the same line.
    I hope they release a potp Flywheels and/or a Siege Battletrap someday.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RatnTire

RatnTire Member

I agree. I was a bit disappointed in Flywheels not splitting into two legends like Battletrap did. Thought that was a cool way to do it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    You're right! OK, I blame Hasbro again on that one. Had we known the next line would be based on Headmasters, for sure everyone would have voted for Scorponok over Trypticon.
    Do we know that these are going to be retail figures? They could be Hasbro Pulse exclusives like that Red Swoop, Ricochet, and G2 Megatron. Although Ricochet didn't come with his targetmaster partner either, so that may not guarantee Needlenose would get his either. Then again, Ricochet was pre-Siege. Maybe they could throw in either a couple battlemasters or 2 of those minicons, like the Roadhandler and Swindler molds, who do turn into guns in addition to being vehicles and robots.

BTW, totally unrelated, did anyone else know Hasbro pulse sells Takara Tomy figures?! MP Hound, Blackarchnia, movie Jazz, and Legends Star Convoy are all up for pre-order!
    Transformers Toys and Collectibles | Bots and Action Figures – Hasbro Pulse

Like these aren't through some 3rd party vendor, right? Like places like Amazon, WalMart, Best Buy, etc do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Keep in mind that Greenlight is a PotP Deluxe who includes both the Battlemaster and the attack effect *and* a Prime Armor for her combined mode. Compare that to someone like Ironhide, who's probably the largest we're going to see a Siege Deluxe get, but also has a fairly big weapon *with* a single joint who still fits in the $20 price point.

I wouldn't be shocked if Hasbro could fit a Battlemaster in with a WfC Deluxe and keep it at the $20 price point. Provided guys the size of Ironhide were the exception and they trended more towards Sideswipe/Prowl.

Maybe the only reason they didn't do it was because they wanted to promote the "Mix and Match" style of play before they started selling figures that came boxed with their "partners." So now the next phase of WfC could include Targetmasters like Cyclonus, Scoop, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh man, I'd love a cheaper Runabout/Runamuck.

You know what needs to be reissued a la Cosmos: GEARS!! He wasn't even issued in Japan under Legends.

10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    thats a fair possibility, nobody in siege really has a targetmaster partner, and theyve bundled targetmasters with larger figures in the past. i just feel like it doesnt fit in their current retail scheme

11. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'd love it if the Battlechargers were paired up as two Legends style figures at the Deluxe price. Everyone is going to want both so skip the BS and just do it.

I'd also be super into a deluxe scale, better articulated Gnaw as my sort of Sharkticon leader.

I'm only interested in Shrapnel if we're getting Deluxe Insecticons.

Needlenose I want for my IDW shelf, so I hope that comes to be.

12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Eh. They turned guys like Getaway into Headmasters and people like Jazz into Combines to fit their theme. If they wanted to transition to selling everyone with a Targetmaster they could release guys like Cyclonus as a Voyager but then also release someone like Windblade as a Deluxe with a partner just because.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want Needle Nose myself... But Runamuck / Runabout is okay too.

Gnaw would be super disappointing, given our choices.

Scrapnel... He's okay.

14. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Re: double Targetmasters, I bet the gun dudes are packed in with their partner, but are smaller and simpler than the single Targetmaster releases, of which we still have multiple viable candidates.

15. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    This is just a guess, as people have differing views on things so I can't speak for them, but maybe because that since Siege introduced unified scale, people were possibly basing Needlenose's potential new toy size on relative sizes in media that he's featured in(comics, obv)

Just a guess though. But even if he's Deluxe-"sized", I'd hope that he comes with Zigzag & Sunbeam. Dunno if that's enough to bump him up to Voyager price(as human-sized Battlemasters are 5.99 Freedom Bucks), but I'd think it is.

No can do here! I'm voting Needlenose for myself. >:3

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    So what I see is two characters that have really good recent representations, a pair of characters that have pricy options to chase down, or a double Target Master that REALLY needs redone.

Given how fans have voted in recent years, I expect Needlenose to come in last.

• Like Like x 5
  17. G1StarSaber468

G1StarSaber468 Brainmaster

We didn't even know what the gimmick at the time was so blaming us is barely excusable, and the headmaster gimmick was put on full-tilt, so oh well.

Also primal was hardly the prime candidate (no pun intended) for the vote, star saber or ultra Magnus were far more qualified especially considering how the leader class figure gimmick POTP had at the time (though we also didn't know about it intially)

18. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    I only mean it in the sense that it would be dumb to do one without the other seeing as the Battlechargers are meant to be a duo, not that Runamuck and Runabout both getting new toys would be pointless. I mean if he wins it gives HasTak an easy redeco, but then why not just do him/them as a general release if they're just going to redeco the (hypothetical) winning bot?

19. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

I wish hastak wouldn't have fixed pricing scheme , without it they could make figures like ironhide and impactor with filled gaps for a few more dollars or include more complex accessories like target masters

• Like Like x 3
  20. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    They've never been human-sized in any TF universe.

• Like Like x 1