War For Cybertron Character Fan Vote For 2020

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by weevil, Jun 11, 2019.

1. bithomas

bithomas Seeker of Seekers

My vote is easily for Needlenose. I had his G1 toy as a kid and have wanted an updated version of him for a long time, especially considering that I feel we have good versions of Spinister and Quake already. The TFCC version is ok given the lack of resources available to update the CW Firefly/ight mold, but I think he deserves better.

Runamuck/Runabout would be ok too, but I am perfectly happy with the TFCC releases of them.

Gnaw makes basically no sense as an option. The TR version is great, and it looks like we already will be getting basically an upscaled version of that mold as a Deluxe later this year in Cyberverse.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so address the fact that the armor up works differently then for the leaders

3. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Professional Lawn Mower

News Credits:
    I don't think they'll all get leaders. Like hound getting a deluxe.

If we take that logic, we are only waiting on Wheeljack, Needlenose, Spinister, Thunderwing, Deathsuarus, Arcee, and star saber.
    You nailed it. None of these are "Holdovers" from Power of the primes, They clearly made primal AFTER the poll. So designs may have been in concept but that time based on how late Primal came out in POTP. Like Hound and Shockwave being in siege but they weren't about "evolving" The main focus of POTP was evolution.

• Like Like x 4
  4. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

I don't remember the last time I read a new toys announcement for Generations where 100% of the characters were crap.
    Gnaw already peaked.
    Insecticons were re-released.
    That guy is... a non-entity. Nobody cares about needlenose. Its IP value is less than zero.

And runamuck/runabout? In the best case scenario, they should have been micromasters.
    Such a waste.

5. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Always a blessing when the Hasbro rep drops by to provide a definitive statement. Cheers man. Let John know I'd like both Battlechargers and Needlenose. Thanks in advance.

6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    I mean, yeah. That's what I'm saying. They had a bunch of different design concepts floating around and all we did was shuffle around who got put where.

And do we know Magnus gets into Siege if he wins the poll? Because it's just as likely he's a useful retool of a Galaxy Prime mold they may had already planned out.

People also seem really hung up on Shockwave. Again, Hasbro wouldn't have picked the nine characters they did had they not already had plans for all of them had they won. So it's easy to see where they could've designed Shockwave and then adapted it to fit Siege once he lost.

We got Overlord and Liokaiser without a poll telling Hasbro what to do. Deathsaurus and Star Saber both are likely on their way. Again, concepts would have already existed had they won the polls, and now Hasbro can step back and assess how to fit those into the Siege line.

Saber fits easily without much difference. He's still an inner robot with armor, just scaled down from PotP. And I have a feeling once we see Astrotrain we'll get a better feel for how the Leader slot is going to work. I don't think they're all going to have "armor modes" and that's where you could get something like a Leader Deathsaurus with a breastmaster partner instead of an "inner robot."

• Like Like x 1
  7. Grapple35

Grapple35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am sure Needlenose will take it but it would be great to have deluxes of the Sharkticons, Insecticons and Battlechargers. Hasbro will release them eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the number of people wanting needlenose seems to indicate you are wrong, and micromasters would be way too small for the battle chargers, who would be minibot/legends-deluxe size

its actually pretty obvious if you look at the designs
    1:significantly smaller in armored up mode than potp leaders
    2:"chest cavity" for matrix is where head stores in alt mode, none of the potp leaders did this and had dedicated spots for the matrix
    3:trailers split up as modular armor rather than staying as a single piece like the potp leaders (rodimus arms not withstanding)

9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Instead of Magnus being based on the PotP Prime design and sold at SDCC, he's a retool of Galaxy Prime and sold at retail.

As for Shockwave, like I keep saying...there's no way Hasbro plucked 9 names at random for that poll. If those were the options they wanted us to choose from, then they *at minimum* had some concept art to plot out how they'd look so they could fit everything into the release plan. So when Shockwave lost, they took their Shockwave Prime concept and adapted it to fit Siege.

Guys like Hound, Arcee, even Megatron, likely had concept designs based around other potential molds that were already planned in the line. So those got scrapped entirely. Deathsaurus, Star Saber, and Thunderwing were likely already in the design phase (for PotP and beyond) so when those lost it again just changed when they'd come out.

Like I keep saying, with what we know of Siege Star Saber would easily fit as a leader in either line. Little to no change needed.

People keep wanting to argue a point I'm not making.

I didn't say "these are the molds they already made." I'm saying "these are the designs they had in mind and the execution had to change."

But none of it changes the core point: Primal was always going to fit into PotP and all we did was change the SDCC exclusive and probably kill a Primal Prime repaint.

• Like Like x 1
  10. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Can I blow your mind? Sometimes ideas exist on paper before they get refined into actual designs.

11. weevil

weevil Let's dance!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Needlenoose.

• Like Like x 2
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    See this guy gets it. When they went into the poll they had three molds they knew they were doing (Prime, Rodimus, Optimal) and they had a handful of concepts of Prime forms based on figures that were in the concept phase for both PotP and Siege.

That's why, when you look at the nine, Primal is such an outlier. Because there was no obvious retool and the only obvious repaint was some variation on Primal. They stuck him in as the ninth man because he was already going to retail so they could guarantee two uses by doing Optimal and his eventual Prime form.

Hell, if Deathsaurus had won we'd probably have gotten both Optimal and TM2 Megatron at retail.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so youre saying magnus isnt his potp concept design? but you said he was a hold over from potp, so which is it?

siege leaders have these 3 things against them being holdovers from potp
    1:significantly smaller in armored up mode than potp leaders
    2:"chest cavity" for matrix is where head stores in alt mode, none of the potp leaders did this and had dedicated spots for the matrix
    3:trailers split up as modular armor rather than staying as a single piece like the potp leaders (rodimus arms not withstanding)

can i blow your mind? rather than saying siege shockwave and magnus ARE the designs we would have gotten in potp it would be more accurate to say they MIGHT be alterations of the designs we could have gotten. there is a technical difference there that actually matters if you are trying to present a factual statement.

as has been covered, primal would not have been in potp had he lost. his retail box was even tagged as the fan vote winner

if needlenose wins this vote he MIGHT be the scrapped siege design, he could be based on the tcg tetrajet design (the shadowed out image has a fin sticking out on his back that is consistent with a tetrajet), or it could be a completely new design. personally i hope for the tcg design since it could allow for a slipstream tetrajet that is smaller than starscream

14. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    "Guess the names of these Decepticons!"

Oh come on, Runabout and Runamuck look literally the same when just an outline you butt holes. :throw 

• Like Like x 3
  15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    He's "both."

It's entirely plausible that Magnus was always planned for Siege. And Hasbro only threw him in the Prime poll because if he won he'd be a very cheap repaint/retool of the PotP Prime mold they could throw out at SDCC with the Throne. And if he lost, well fans would be relieved to see him come to retail anyway less than a year later.

Shockwave, same thing. They had the concept art, but he failed to win. So that's fine they just adapted that concept for Siege and put him in Wave 1.

You keep saying this. And I keep telling you that they can have concept art for a figure and multiple ways to execute it.

Whatever the case, Needlenose being in a second poll alongside two guys (or one guy repping two guys) who could easily be adapted from a version of both Wheeljack and Tracks tells you Hasbro/Takara has a few molds they're dying to use.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  16. Kenchanayoh

Kenchanayoh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, are they redesigning Gnaw and Skrapnel to make them deluxes, or are they going to be a rerelease of their legends forms?

17. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    I'd quite simply love it if you did. Perhaps you could start by finding the post where I state that...
    ...if it's not too much bother?

18. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh, joy, another pure Geewun vote. Goody.

Since I love to share my misery, I'll vote Gnaw.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Run-amuck/Run-about!!!!

If it doesn't happen now it will never happen ... they have been expensive, and elusive, exclusives thus far. If they don't win that may never change.

• Like Like x 1
  20. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    No need to apologise. Please take my cloak of irony and wear it well. Oh, you've already got it. Right. As you were.