War for Cybertron - Best Buy Pre-order character.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Trailbreaker77, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Won't people be able to share the codes on the internet with each other so that everyone can play Jazz or Shockwave or whoever?

If it is really merely a code, there is no need to worry or am I wrong?

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    The codes are single use

3. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    No.

I'm not paying extra for a character that should be in the game to begin with.

4. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The places don't ask for the code back? I know Gamestop almost certainly would.
    I REALLY HATE this stupid store by store exclusive B/S that's gotten started. Gaming companies need to just make one set of pre-order exclusives and give every store access to it.

Oh, and BTW.....This is IMPORTANT....We need to pay super close attention to the xbox marketplace page for the game right around launch. If Xbox's history of screw-ups is any indication of what will happen with this game, expect ALL the DLC characters to be free for an hour or so. It happened with Mass Effect 2 and a few other games. I am definitely gonna be trying to watch the pages b/c I don't like the individual store exclusive crap.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Goddamn Jazz looks pimp. Love his robot-to-vehicle transformation. But now, I have to decide...

Shockwave or Jazz. Shockwave or Jazz. Or Demolisher.

:( 

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  6. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Game companies need to start releasing full games again, as opposed to removing a few slices and distributing them amongst retailers.

7. DarthP00P00

DarthP00P00 Autobot

I CALLED IT!!! I SO CALLED IT!!!
    I was really hoping for a Jazz pre-order. Now I can cancel by Gamestop order.
    Looks really good, even though his robot mode is the same thing as the generic scout class bots in multiplayer.

8. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Crud, I have to choose between my second favorite G1 Autobot and my second favorite G1 Decepticon... :( 

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i sure hope so... cuz that's obnoxious to make characters exclusive to where you buy the game...

10. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im starting to think Escalation mode is an autobot vs decepticon team battle mode. no create-a-bot allowed

11. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Let me know when the UK get's some attention, then I'll give a damn.

12. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Bummer. These exclusive characters better eventually become DLC or there are going to be so many POed players.

13. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

I'm just gonna get the PC version and let the hackers unlock all these characters for me. :bay 

14. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Well, looks like I am gonna cancel my preorder from Gamestop. While I like Shockwave...I think I need more of my favorite G1 character Jazz.

All in all, it does suck I have to choose on what character I want to get, to determine what store to buy it from. While we should have access to all...

15. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They probably will at some point, probably paid.

They don't want to piss off people by not offering them these characters, yet at the same time don't want to piss off people who pre-ordered just for the characters to offer them for free to the rest of the world..:p 

16. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

YES! YES YES YES!! I was going to preorder today, then this comes out?! YES I'll be gettin JAZZ! I didn't know he has an exclusive...
    He breakdances when he transforms!? That's so badass! (Yeah I know he kinda did it in the movie...but that Jazz doesn't count and you know it.)
    "This looks like a good place to test my speakers, mang!"

17. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Demolisher I can understand, but I can't believe characters like Jazz and Shockwave are limited to store exclusives. I mean, who's Walmart's exclusive character, Optimus Prime!?!?

18. Wraithier

Wraithier Well-Known Member

19. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    Sticking with a digital playable Shockwave,

but by the power of gondola testes, is that Jazz going to be a real toy? I f*cking hope so, because he's the best looking Jazz I've seen so far.

Hopefully they'll make toys out of most of these characters... not just the compulsory Prime, Bumblebee, etc

20. CarafelliusMaximus

CarafelliusMaximus G1 Junkie

You know, I don't normally go off but this is just ridiculous. Every store will end up with an exclusive and it's going to be a real piece of crap to deal with, because you'll either compromise or spend lots of money.

Honestly though, if the game designers are smart, which they seem to be, and they're really plugging this for a money making machine, they could easily do the whole Pokemon syndrome. If it were me, I'd program the game to only ever accept an accurate code one time. Then you'd have to pick up every copy of the game to get all the exclusive characters. I know that's the ultimate dick move, but hey if you're going to do it, do it right. Force the money because you know you can. Demolishor was weak, they should have done someone like Prowl instead. Might as well really make the choice difficult or fork over the cash for all the codes. I'd probably also weight those characters a bit as well, give them abilities only available on their character, not in create a character, each one different and make them a step better than all the others. And no turning them into DLC either, purely store exclusive characters. I'd certainly make my money off of it, and yes everyone would be mad. Again though, if you're gonna screw the consumer, screw them right.