War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I’ve said, the way BW makes sense to me is in an after-credits/cameo type way.

Which, for me, would mean:

They have vehicle modes and have not been reformatted as Maximals/Predacons yet. (Appearing in pre-BW forms parallels the G1 cast appearing in Cybertronian forms in Siege.)

They’re portrayed more or less as minor players. Primal is a freighter captain or maybe second in command on a cargo ship. Megatron at this point might not yet BE Megatron but is probably a lieutenant or goon of Cryotek.

The media scale is, ideally, more or less honored. Which makes Primal a mini bot car and Dinobot a taller deluxe with Megatron as the sole voyager who becomes a tank.

A part of me wonders what the names should even be. I gather Megatron would probably be Gnashteeth in his Decepticon days.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    most of the beast wars cast was always maximals and predacons though, according to the show, the only cast member that took part in the g1 war was ravage. all of the rest were born after the great war and were always maximals and predacons. some ancillary material, the dumpster fire that was dawn of the predacus, which should be ignored as it contradicts too much from the show and other expanded material, is the only media to portray a sizable chunk of the cast as autobots and decepticons (which again contradicts the show)

3. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    "Happy Beast Wars 25th Anniversary. Here, have some cars."

I don't f&%king think so.

• Like Like x 3
  4. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Needlenose's inevitable mold might do for Windsweeper.

Depending on how versatile the mold is- a buggy mold might do for both Joyride and Ruckus (and other buggies from later).

• Like Like x 3
  5. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    Well said. Not to mention Voyagers and even Leaders have varied heights.

I like the idea of Scourge as a troop builder type.

How about Blacker? I mean that has a gimmick by default, right? How will they tease a possible combiner from a dune buggy base engineering?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2019
  6. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

You misspelled Gripper you fool >:[
    [​IMG]
    for gripper is his ONLY name and should not be compared to that filth in japan >:[ also save them for a commander class set

• Like Like x 6
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I'd want unique molds for all of them.

:lol 

About the Deluxe Insecticons :
    In order of preference:
    1 Unique molds
    2 BW retools
    3 purple Insecticon retools

8. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well if they bring Leozack and Jallguar as a Deluxe Combiner Two Pack, than yet they should be Commander Class set.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

yea but if we couldn't get original molds for these guys would you be fine with retools? Also wouldn't the triggercons and triggerbots be all small deluxes because they were smallish toys? I dunno I just want a windsweeper and rukus that aren't so fucking expensive and I'd rather keep in a combined mode, and be able to sit them next to my childhood boy movie 07/classicish crankcase

we only accept big motorvator as our lord and savoir for commander class >:[ this horrible injoke shall never die!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    "You fool" :lol 

I think the Needlenose and Joyride and Sureshot retool ideas are brilliant and I'd take em.
    But I'd prefer unique molds :) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

YOU are the fool!
    Das the spirit! Maybe we could get dogfight from a new powerglide, but I don't know about backstreet and what's his face..overide? is that the name of the other trigger bot? And we already have movie07/classicish crankcase who is perfect and is the only crankcase we need >:[

• Like Like x 1
  12. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still feel that the WFC trilogy is being used a final "love letter" of sorts for G1. We're getting definitive versions of characters, we're getting obscure characters like the Powerdashers that are likely to never get updates ever again. It would really be a disservice to BW fans for them to try to shoehorn in the characters, in the last part of a trilogy no less.

I think/hope BW will get it's own line. I don't think they would do a trilogy, but maybe it will take the place of Studio Series. I'm not really a BW fan, at least of the show characters (give me a new Clawjaw & Bonecrusher and I'm all in!), but BW fans deserve an update.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I am the fool? o_O :mad: 
    I'm not the one who suggests a character with a Grumman X-29 alt mode be retooled from a character with an A-10 Thunderbolt II alt mode!
    If Dogfight has to share a mold Snare would be a better moldmate I think.

And while we're on the subject: I really hope Powerglide doesn't get a new toy. Because of all the characters who absolutely don't need one he ranks at the very top.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

I have 2 iq this makes me smarter than anyone else ever >:[ bow down to my intelligence

Awhile back somewhere else I had made a dumb joke about what If the girl that loved powerglide transferred her consciousness into a robotic jet former body to be with powerglide, Now I wonder if that wouldn't be a terrrible idea. And yea, let's get a snare! and the other guys!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    That would be cool.
    I always loved that episode. That's romcom gold right there.
    I wish Hasbro would straight up adapt that episode into one of the next movies.
    It's not the greatest stretch from the Bee movie.

• Like Like x 3
  16. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    Gripper, Blacker... color differences but still the same buggy. Tell me, who came first, the Japanese filth you called, or the British waste that lack some pieces to unlock the true potential?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

:O You take that back you smelly nerd >:[ Big motorvator is 10 times better than anything that loser roadceaser is. so what if he's handicapped? he's perfect how he is!

• Like Like x 2
  18. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    I have no time to fight over which one's better. After all if say, Gripper gets it first, then elsewhere it will be repurposed as Blacker. End of story.

In contrast, I still wish Landcross had an update... either 3rd party or be part of the War for Cybertron Trilogy. Only problem is, how to make them modern?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Also remember, technically in the west blacker and gripper are the same guy thanks to the shout factory dvd of victory using both names for the character in various episodes

• Like Like x 3
  20. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Hah, I had that jet as a kid :D 

As for TF:TM I still think there's an argument to be said for Earthrise going up to the Battle of Autobot City, IE the last time we saw Earth in the movie.

I also still wonder if the box set might be Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge with 'mid reformat' decos with wireframes and stuff.