War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    At NYCC do you think they will only show a small tease of the next Titan or a full gray model

• Like Like x 3
  2. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I think we'll see either Fasttrack or Zarak.

3. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Yeah if they follow tradition, tease at NYCC, full reveal at Toyfair

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    With the panel in 2 weeks, I hope for a leaked rumor soon.

• Like Like x 3
  5. KRPH

KRPH Combiner Collector

Twitter:
    What I miss? Did I tell you guys about my predictions of WFC2 in NYCC? If not, then I must have predicted the Fee-you-churrrr...

6. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I was just thinking about this. It's not unusual that we get some sort of tease before a full reveal, whether that's the renders of Sideswipe and Firebolt or the art showing Shockwave at Voyager height. I'm hoping for some sort of tease before then. Maybe just the distinctive silhouette of the mad inventor?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I'd take a leader class Buzzsaw with Marvel colors Soundwave accessory.

That's true.
    It's not unusual to get teased by anyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

You fool, the only thing that will be teased is chromia X green light 2 as it is the only definitive wfc story
    In all seriousness, maybe we won’t see anything, maybe nycc won’t bring any new news we didn’t get much at sdcc how would nycc Be any different

• Like Like x 3
  9. TheImmortalMoo

TheImmortalMoo Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm

0A52A103-61EF-4B40-9593-CF2E3A6AB390.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

I've got some random bots that may or may not work in commander class (or maybe just a tall leader): Doubledealer, Thunderclash, skyquake, thunderwing, an actual quickswitch, some form of powermaster optimus prime. would anyone object to any of these?

12. orangeitis

News Credits:
    I honestly think of it as that since the main line has unified scale and they just introduced an entirely new price point(Commander), they'd want to fill that price point out. I'll go through them and give my thoughts.

Doubledealer: He's fine as a Leader. Astrotrain is working as a Leader triple-changer. Ol' DD would need the increased budget(vs Voyager price) for his Powermaster engines. Commander is overkill.
    Thunderclash: Maybe if they can squeeze out a Studio Series-44 DotM Optimus Prime-like deal for a Leader Thunderclash, sure. But I don't want a short, stubby trailer like Siege Magnus. :< Commander is cromulent.
    Skyquake: He needs to be Commander because of his sheer size.
    Thunderwing: I'd imagine his inner bot being around Autobot Car size, or slightly smaller. Considering that it's only the tip of his alt mode, he'll easily need to be Commander.
    Quickswitch: He fits snugly into Leader. About Ultra Magnus size with budget to spread out into his various modes. Like with DD, Commander would be totally unnecessary.
    Powermaster Optimus Prime: Same deal here as with Thunderclash. I'd rather characters with trailers have a robust budget as to not skimp on the necessities and alt mode proportions, but if HasTak can reasonably achieve it in Leader, then sure. But maybe PMOP+Apex Armor as a Commander...?

Other than Doubledealer & Quickswitch, these dudes will absolutely need to be Commander. My $.02 =D

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Tell me this are you even scale accurate to the unified scale line? Also It's kinda hard to think of some commander class contenders without picking the same ones suggested over and over: Skylynx, broadside, tidalwave, star saber and victory leo packed together, Grandus I guess? Maybe I'm just bad with coming up with ideas for commander class figures I dunno.

• Like Like x 1
  14. orangeitis

News Credits:
    I'd put Sky-Lynx, Tidal Wave and Grandus as Titans, personally. Along with Galaxy Shuttle. But even without them, there are tons of contenders for Commander.

-Any truck with a large trailer(except Morormaster) ala Optimus Prime or Thunderclash
    -Skyquake & Thunderwing as you mentioned before
    -Lugnut
    -Deathsaurus
    -Crossblades, Roadblock, Skyhammer(I know Vroom is a Mega Pretender too, but he's fine as a Leader IMHO)
    -Grimlock with his Classic Pretender shell
    -Broadside
    -The non-Metroplex Giant Planet fellows
    -Those giant tank drones in the War For Cybertron video game(not the same WFC I know, but those guys are cool as hell)
    -Star Saber
    -Star Convoy
    -Sky Garry
    -Oilmaster(with Deluxe-class inner robots)
    -Groundshaker w/ATV
    -Skyhopper w/Helicopter
    -Skystalker w/Thunder Arrow Interstellar Shuttle
    -Blackout & Spaceshot w/Anti-Aircraft Base
    -Full-Barrel & Overflow w/Battlefield Headquarters

^ if those become Commanders, that would last us a good decade or so at the very least.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    If Thunderclash does get made then it wouldn't be out fo the question if we'll get a Machine Wars Optimus Prime out of the mold thus still giving us an Optimus Prime in WFC 2 or 3 supposing Powermaster Optimus Prime, or even a new Voyager G2 Laser Optimus Prime doesn't get made. I mean they were able to give us Cybertron Optimus Prime in Siege when no one expected them too so that's an idea to consider. Sure MW Optimus is pretty unknown in the mainstream media and is someone that's most likely be in Select Series but again this IS an Optimus Prime we're talking about and Hasbro rarely passes the chance to give us a new Optimus figure especially in a time where he's being pushed more then ever.

• Like Like x 1
  16. orangeitis

News Credits:
    I could definitely see a Selects series Machine Wars Optimus Prime redeco of a hypothetical Commander Thunderclash. G2 Laser Optimus would be cool, but he hasn't came with his trailer the past few releases(except the TR version, technically). Maybe with the Voyager, a Commander that is packed with his trailer...?

• Like Like x 1
  17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Having G2 Laser Optimus be a Commander Class figure that's basically a Leader version of him that comes with a trailer wouldn't be that much of a stretch considering that most Leader Classes nowadays do come with more play value such as SS44 DOTM Optimus and Siege Leader Ultra Magnus so that can fit. There's also the obvious RID01 Scourge/Car Rboots Black Convoy repaint to do along with the G2 Laser Ultra Magnus for Select Series. It'd be a good time to also give us a true G2 Megatron out of Siege Megatron too to go along with it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. orangeitis

News Credits:
    We gotta have a M1A1 Abrams G2 Megatron with a cannon on his shoulder. I don't think we could get that much of a retool out of Siege Megatron, to be quite honest. We might be able to pull off a decent Armada Megatron, and even that's a maybe, but not G2 Megatron. :<

19. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

A commander Lugnut would be a dream for me

• Like Like x 5
  20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Alternatively machine wars Optimus would be the mainline release due to name recognition and thunderclash would either be the wave 3 repaint or selects release

• Like Like x 3