War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I can’t help but find it ironic that we will finally be getting a voyager trio of Tetra Jets Seekers but their robot modes will make them look like they turn into F-15s.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Using this as a virtual dart board for my predictions, some based on process of deduction, information gleaned years back in interesting areas as well as play patterns.

I believe WFC will be staged in the following parts(we know SIEGE is part 1):
    1. SIEGE of Cybertron
    2. ESCAPE from Cybertron
    3. RETURN to Cybertron
    SIEGE is stated by John Warden to be like the last day before leaving Cybertron in the G1 cartoon(and I have Hasbro won't be going by canon strictly as we have Lionizer showing up and he didn't show up until much later in Japanese G1). While it it's presumed that the Ark shown on a poster for SIEGE will turn into Omega Supreme, while I think it's possible...I don't think Omega will be released until the 2nd part of the trilogy.

I believe the Titan for SIEGE will actually be Scorponok. Here you have this huge Decepticon that is trying to prevent the Autobots from escaping. Plus, I have a feeling it wasn't hard to get TakaraTomy to be onboard for Titans Return given that Titans Return was based on Headmasters and Headmasters was a popular series in Japan. My guess is Scorponok was already tooled back during TR but Hasbro and Takara both were just waiting for the prime opportunity to release it.

I have a feeling the SIEGE Tetrajet Seekers will be able to unfold the top fin and split it into 2-4 rear stabilizers to evoke and earth mode. That way it satiates the crowd that wanted Tetrajets as well as the crowd that wanted modern voyager Seekers but didn't want them to have Tetrajet alt modes.

Leader Optimus will be interesting. The obvious choice would be a repaint of leader SIEGE Ultra Magnus in Powered Convoy/Delta Magnus, however I can see this being a retool into Powermaster Optimus Prime, with Delta Magnus/Powered Convoy being a Target exclusive. Other theories being an Armada Optimus cab that combines with the trailer to be either Armada Optimus' super mode or even Cybertron Optimus. Or a Fire Convoy cab that combines with the trailer to form Cybertron Optimus.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a deluxe God bomber/Apex armor heavily retooled from Cog. This also leads me to believe that the SIEGE designs we are seeing may have actually predated the Prime Wars designs.

If leader Jetfire is in the line, I think it will have a Skyfire robot mode with G1-esque Jetfire jet mode, BUT has an extended wing/booster pack that when combined in jet mode, resembles G1 Skyfire's jet mode. When combined in robot mode, it will look like G1 Jetfire. It's kind of an inverted homage.

I believe this will be retooled into Star Saber.

Leader Megatron I think will have some boxy cybertronian tank mode with a robot mode as G1 Megatron, with reactive armor that turns it into an "H" tank in vehicle mode and becomes a combined body for Armada Megatron in robot mode, a more accurate one than the CW retool.

I predict that the missing Targetmasters from TR/LG will be made for this line as exclusives with Hasbro versions coming with Battlemasters but the Takara ones possibly coming with repainted or slightly retooled LG Targetmasters.

I predict the return of Micromaster bases for ESCAPE from Cybertron. I predict that these bases will all have ramps that are backwards compatible with the TR leaders, Fort Max and Trypticon, in addition to a new Omega Supreme. I predict that Legends will return and that we may see a new Leader Optimus with a twist:

Leader Optimus based on the Action Master Optimus BUT transformable and the trailer and cab sized for and compatible with Micromasters. Maybe have an included Micromaster driver.

I believe Legends will return in the ESCAPE part of the trilogy.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a Metrotitan repaint of Metroplex as a store exclusive.

I think we will see an all new Sky Lynx with both shuttle/bird, ground transport/lynx and combined Sky Lynx molds in ESCAPE but also have it as a leader class with storage spots for Micromasters and Titan/Prime masters.

I believe the missing Headmasters like Apeface and Chromedome will be released either in the SIEGE or ESCAPE portions of the trilogy, possibly as store exclusives, depending on how much new tooling they use. Gut feeling is that they're ready to go, just a matter of time squeezing them into the line.

I believe RETURN to Cybertron will be heavy in homaging later Japanese G1 like a proper Star Convoy, Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber. All with ramps and backwards compatible with TR leaders/Titans as well as ESCAPE Micromaster bases. Maybe finally getting a figure based on Super Megatron.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

"I think it will have a Skyfire robot mode with G1-esque Jetfire jet mode"

... didn't we already get something like that with his last leader figure?

I still have a feeling it is a Bayverse figure listing, but if it is Generations then the Cybertronian Skyfire alt-mode makes more sense, no? Maybe Skyfire is a pretool of an eventual Star Saber and comes with the brainmaster gimmick?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    We did but I'm referring to the smaller robot being Skyfire with a Jetfire jet mode, but when combined with a booster/wing pack, looking like Skyfire in jet mode.

5. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd say It'd be a missed opportunity if they didn't repaint prowl into barricade

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    from tformers their interview some interesting bits about siege in the beginning confirming they are going for bot scale like studio series. Also Confirms they have been working on Siege for about 2 years now. He says "adding detail a lot" Also states that when it comes to the vehicle modes they took artistic liberties so when (uses ironhide as an example) kids walk into a store that they say that is looks like a super futuristic car and not some flying wing. Also states while they are aiming for cybertronian modes they want to keep how the characters looked on earth in bot mode just like the 84 pilot episode. When asked about a titan class figure he says " stay tuned" but then goes on to say "what titan would make sense on the last day on cybertron " so I think it safe to say we will be getting a Titan class figure for this line. (plz be omega)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    If we get a Skyfire I hope it's all toon Skyfire in both modes or all Jetfire in both modes. Preferably the first. But they need to stop that hybrid nonsense now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rubytarn

YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd say there's a good chance we'll be able to get either an omega or scorponok

Also out of curiosity has anyone asked john warden or the hasbro for transformers about if we'll be seeing any more obscure characters in seige?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I think John is pretty much hinting at Omega Supreme.

Something tells me leader Prime is either Armada Optimus OR Powermaster Prime, if PMOP, I wouldn't be surprised if the cab resembles Galaxy Force Convoy.

Wonder if the 2nd part of WFC takes place back on Earth and is like the Studio Series G1 some of the fans here have been asking for.

Also within context of core characteristics about a character like Ultra Magnus having the evolution gimmick because the G1 toy did that...and having gimmicks appropriate for character rather than shoehorned on...

Maybe Jetfire won't have the evolution gimmick but Star Saber sure as hell will.

I like this approach, only adding gimmicks when character-appropriate. Sounds like more detents and ratchets are also going to be used.

All the constructive criticism from the past years paid off.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    so with the leader class gimmic

2 megatron.

smaller megatron transforms into a gun by himself, which attachs to the armor of megatron in alt mode to make a tank.

smaller robot g1 megatron, bigger megatron G2 megatron.

11. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I want is leader star saber and micromasters countdown and skystalker

Everything else is a happy bonus

• Like Like x 2
  12. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Not only do I think the next Titan is Omega after seeing that video, but I think we’ve already seen him. In one of the promo pieces of art you see the Ark blasting off, but looking at it a little closer I reckon it’s Omega’s ship mode.

I’ve circled it (poorly!) in yellow but I think Omega’s claw arm is the middle centre of the hull (the claw facing forward, maybe clipping on top/at the side of the cockpit canopy) while his other arm is probably one of the ship’s booster rockets on the opposite underside of the ship.

I could also see him coming with an exclusive Countdown figure & Micromasters being able to sit inside/pilot him, which would be awesome!
    553EF2F2-1FCD-4F1C-AE4A-992777FC72AD.jpeg 25CA1AC2-92E5-4F48-B729-36EB6E7AA022.jpeg 3410F360-7762-49AE-8AF2-F00706D705BE.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  13. Jtprime17

News Credits:
    I know someone asked him I can't find the link right now but he responded they are trying to do more than just g1 homages he's brings up RID (hence Ultra Magnus vehicle), Beast wars, and for late g1 he mention actionmasters ( hence battlemaster Lionizer)
    So we might get mostly get g1 charcters with homages in them from there other incarnations and we might be getting a beats wars character but don't know what beast wars characters we would get since he mentions stuff has to fit in with the setting, but for late obscure g1 character he only brought up action masters homages and said "so long as they transform" in a joking manner

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  14. Rubytarn

YouTube (Legacy):
    So I'm assuming we won't be seeing any turbomasters and predators in this line:( (that makes me sad)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jtprime17

News Credits:
    You never know things can change, but that Ultra Magnus mold looks like it could be remolded into the perfect Thunderclash!

• Like Like x 7
  16. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My thought would be that Skyfire is a smaller jet with a booster set who puts on armor ro become Jetfire. Shared engineering with Star Saber.

17. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if we might see a voyager Straxus in this line, which winds up being a pre-mold for another Galvatron later on (or is a non-Headmaster rework of TR Galvatron and becomes Galvatron again later).

+-MWG-+

• Like Like x 2
  18. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Titan class confirmed! That almost makes up for my irritation over nobody asking about Dinoking or Waverider.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rubytarn

YouTube (Legacy):
    Your right! I shouldn't give up hope! I really hope we get a thunderclash from Magnus and a deluxe boss from punch/counterpunch or maybe prowl or the possible jazz

Also stalker from impactor

• Like Like x 1
  20. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The scale with Deluxe Hound makes it look that way and based on the bits we can see of feet and torso, assuming White Prime is the same size as Voyager Prime, the armor adds more girth than height.

To be S3 animation accurate in bot mode, he'd need the armored form to be Voyager. and skinny. That isn't happening but it does look like they -- pardon the term -- mass shifted the leader scale here to be more wide and deep and less tall. The result is probably not far from TFTM and very close to mobile games.

The Sunbow era episodes have varying scale but S3 tended to shrink everyone. Grimlock went from 150% Optimus' height to shorter than Kup and Rodimus and comically fat with a badger tail rather than a sharp point. Part of why I call PotP Grimlock S3 Grimlock. Magnus in S3 would be a skinny Voyager.

I can live with an 8.5" to the top of the helmet Magnus and a 6.25" Springer if it keeps their character intact. My guess for Springer is he'll be barrel chested again but I doubt Hasbro can resist giving him a yellow chest even though I prefer him to be all green and grey except for the shoulders.

I have a feeling Powerdrive would be a Cog redeco. If they did him.

As an aside, I think Hasbro, since this is a reboot anyway, should really have some fun at the fans' expense and make Delta Magnus the evolved form of Dion.

• Like Like x 2