War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Hmmm..... I've got responses for some of these!
    • I'm not a fan of BW's but a few years from now if I know Hasbro they'd make Leozack into a Voyager Torso (like Razorclaw). Make Cheator and Rhinox into Deluxe class arms and legs like Rampage and Headstrong. Tigerhawk (Dive Bomb) and Dephcharge (Tantrum) as a tease to a new but smaller Predacon set which would soon follow.
    • Blue Bacchus would be great simply as a Deluxe. He'd go great with the Generations Darkshadow (I refer to the Leader class one as Phase 6er "BlackShadow" to distinguish the 2).
    • Predenders..? No Shells Please! Just regular bots.
    • Straxus is a Leader/Tyrant type character and as I've stated before nothing less than a Voyager would do him justice. Same with Jhiaxus, so making more Deluxe's out of the 2 would be a gamble. I'd just stick with the 2 dlx versions I already have if that's the case.
    • Had to Google who Bomb Burst was so the question is how did those Prime Master mini bots do? I didn't buy a single one but if they made a regular deluxe version I'd keep him with Generations Skullgrin from 9 years ago.
    • I see the Predator jets as another opportunistic CW retool of the Airielbots (basically another $235 Takara exclusive like the Seacons). If Hasbro doesn't go that route then expect 1 Predator every other year, just like how they regard the Scavengers.
    • Legend class Go-bots would be cool. I always liked "Scorp". I think they really skipped Legends this line only to hike up the demand for them and the price. So don't be surprised if they're $11 or $12 moving forward.
    • Oilslick should be a Motorcycle. Pharma or Flatline could be an ambulance.
    • Arachnid being a Voyager class WFC figure is the only way of guaranteeing a quality version.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Heads up guys! Hasbro has started leaking (announcing?) what some of their SDCC exclusives are--a $35 Hulk figure for example. We might be seeing Transformer announcements in the upcoming days.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope if they do announce any they are comic con exclusives cause that alienates like most of the fan base

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sixwing

Sixwing What did you mean by "in Tribble"?

There's a character named Doomwings...

5. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Oh? Weird he didn't come up when I searched...

6. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Yeah, but only under Power Rangers when I Googled it.

Edit: Actually there was an IDW version but I never read that Rom mini series.
    Doomwings (G1) - Transformers Wiki

7. Xaran Alamas

Come to think of it he probably didn't come up when I searched on TFWiki as I searched for Doomwing and the TFWiki search seems to have a tendency to be very specific in what you search for.

Either way, it seems like he's an obscure non-toy character I should imagine it would not be an issue to use an alternative name for a Prime style Dreadwing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    I'm all for obscure characters these days since I have most of the popular ones but releasing something like him before Tyrest, Pharma, Tarn or the rest of the DJD would be a huge "SLAP" IMO.

Note; The obscure "Redwing" character only gets a pass because we're all prepared for HasTak milking the Starscream mold at least 6 or 7 times over.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Xaran Alamas

I think you may be confused. I'm not talking about releasing a toy of a random Decepticon trooper from IDW before IDW major characters, I'm talking about a G1 version of a main Decepticon from Prime who happens to share a name with a combined form of two G1 Decepticons and I am trying to suggest an alternative name for the Prime character rather than replacing the existing G1 character.

P.S. I want Tarn and the DJD too

• Like Like x 2
  10. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    No, my bad. I was just brainstorming about it in general since Hasbro will throw an "Obscure" bone every now and then. And just our luck this would be it instead of a character more deserving.

• Like Like x 2
  11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Ya know, the Weaponizers gave me an idea, Hasbro should do an "Autobot X".

• Like Like x 2
  12. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

It's been discussed here before.

The problem with making an Autobot X is that it is very likely cannot be transformed. And we all know how well it flew with fans when Hasbro last put out non-transforming Transformers.

13. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Official product description for the firestormers from amazon Germany. Confirms that the Firestormers are WFC-S26 and Skywarp is WFC-S27. Interesting story bits... G2 Sideswipe is a Covert Clone of the original Sideswipe. The battlemaster's name is Trenchfoot. The firestormers and Grenlight's squad are called the Autobot Alphastrike Counterforce. Skywarp's squad is called the Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron. WFC-S26 Autobot Alphastrike Counterforce (firestormers), WFC-S15 Greenlight and Dazzlestrike and WFC-S27 Decepticon phantomstrike squadron (Skywarp) are all apart of this exclusive Final Strike figures collection celebrating the War for Cybertron Trilogy.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07KQRH3FJ

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  14. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want Voyager Prime repaints

• Like Like x 5
  15. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

I’d really love to see if Armageddon did updates of the turbomasters & predators.

• Like Like x 5
  16. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus Decepticon Wet Nurse

I'm loving Weaponizers, if Hasbro needs ideas they should update the Powerdashers.[​IMG][​IMG]

Since Kickback is part of the vote I'm hoping the next phase of WFC gives us Deluxe Insecticons too.

• Like Like x 10
  17. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shrapnel not kickback

• Like Like x 2
  18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Kickback is taking it easy.
    He ain't doing no fanvotes.

• Like Like x 6
  19. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus Decepticon Wet Nurse

Whoops. Shows how interested i am for the next fan vote.

20. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Do you think the final version of Omega Supreme will have Green eyes, Blue eyes or Yellow eyes? Screenshot_20190621-094505_Instagram.jpg
    IMG_20190621_093529_775.jpg
    IMG_20190621_093529_758.jpg

• Like Like x 4