War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Siege Jetfire be exact same size as the MP Star Saber? Starsaber from that mold seems redundant IMHO?

I feel Chug Star Saber should be old Leader height?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Iruini

Iruini Well-Known Member

But what about the saber component of star saber

3. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    perfect effect pc-16 ginrai, potp orion pax, potp hot rod, potp optimus primal, siege core magnus, siege core shockwave and siege core leader prime are all about the same size as mp saber, so you could still have an old leader class star saber with a sufficient saber

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Star Saber should be the same height as God Ginrai, so commander class would be perfect.
    It would be the same size as the MO version, yeah, but compatible with the mainline gimmicks and with a much lower price tag, so I don't feel it would be redundant.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iruini

Iruini Well-Known Member

You know what would be really unnecessary but really cool? If we ever get a siege doubledealer or CD redalert and their missiles can be detached and replace with siege omega supreme’s rocket missile thing.

6. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Was Skylynx that big? I mean I remember him having the same problem as Astrotrain and Jetfire in the cartoon: he had constant size and mass inconsistencies, where one minute he was transporting multiple Autobots across the galaxy and then the next he was only a little bigger than Grimlock. I could never figure out how big he was supposed to be.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

With Skylynx, I think you pretty much have to go off his more popular scenes.

There are two reasonable scales, IMHO. One is The Return of Optimus Prime and a handful of other appearances where he looks to be around Voyager or a bit bigger scale relative to Prime.

In turn, his most memorable action scene is singlehandedly squaring off against Predaking. He seems to be a bit more massive than Predaking's torso there. Some folks want him as big as a Titan to replicate that rivalry but I think Commander probably is closer to accurate even with Predaking's toy being oversized for CHUG purposes.

For my money, Commander Sky Lynx is a good match to Titan Predaking (I think the mass distribution will be easier to imagine with Commander Jetfire's vehicle mode compared to a Titan) and Voyager Sky Lynx would be a decent match if they downscaled Predaking to match the other combiners although maybe a Siege Leader would be better overall. I feel for most figure comparisons he only needs to be a bit larger than his CW figure but he really needs the parts count and balancing mass of a leader.

The Saber component was part of MP Star Saber.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. orangeitis

orangeitis Note to self: Stop mechsplaining, Orange. Stop it.

Ebay:
    This, exactly. For me, I'd rather go the route where characters are given their "proper" size in spite of when the cartoon was afraid to do that(usually to interact with smaller characters). But I'll inevitably go with whatever size Hasbro decides on, since he'll be in a post-Siege line where his toy size will essentially canonize his size in relation to everyone else.

Forgive the Pedantic Orange coming out again, but technically, the Titan Combiner's combined modes are in-scale with the standardized Siege line, which is definitively CHUG scale. =p Though I'd undoubtably love a downscaled Predaking, if only just to have in-scale Predacons.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ChromedomeMaster

ChromedomeMaster Well known member

I think that sky lynx would be better as a Commander class, but I actually think the next Commander will either be star saber or broadside, but other candidates could be powermaster Optimus (please no), sixshot (probably not), or if they wanted to give fans depression, Scorpionok, though I am actually ok with scorpionok being this size, but I know everyone is going to hate me for saying that

• Like Like x 2
  10. ChromedomeMaster

Btw yeah the combiners are in scale but I can't get my hands on predaking:( :mad: :( :( (I'm not really interested in mr.green and purple, AKA the hulk) in other words... Give me a smaller predaking Hasbro!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  11. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

You are correct that the Titans are the only gestalt modes in proper scale chart scale. The combiner teams’ combined modes were larger than the sum of their parts going by the scale charts.

However, Combiners were probably most frequently drawn at the scale used by Superion, Abominus, Menasor, etc.

And folks will say, “Even if that accounts for 60% of their screentime, it’s an animation error.”

Okay. We’re now into what English majors call descriptivism vs. prescriptivism. Is a dictionary an authoritative source or is a study of usage? Is a dictionary something that should evolve with popular usage? To what extent is a scale chart like a dictionary?

But none of that necessarily matters. :-D Because Skylynx doesn’t have a scale chart entry. So if Combiners are at Commander size (ie. 4 deluxes and a voyager) 60% of the time as an animation error then can we assume Predaking is being drawn as Titan (scale chart) size during his throwdown with Sky Lynx? If all we can be certain of is that Sky Lynx is roughly the size of Predaking’s torso and combiners are undersized over half the time, maybe Predaking is being drawn too small and Sky Lynx is the right size.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ChromedomeMaster

Yeah that actually makes sense.

I just wanted to point out that even though there are size classes, it doesn't mean that every figure is the same height. I mean look at Ironhide he's bigger, but only has one weapon, instead of 2. What I'm trying to say is that jetfire come with what, 10 accessories and six blast effects, which means if they just take out a bunch of the accessories, they could make a sky lynx that is taller and more massive, and more correct for the scale that they are going for

• Like Like x 3
  13. orangeitis

orangeitis Note to self: Stop mechsplaining, Orange. Stop it.

Ebay:
    Interesting analogy. Though ultimately, I see it as a false equivalence. Dictionaries are indeed descriptive, rather than prescriptive. But scale charts don't dictate what we as fans prefer to see in toy lines or even guess what we'll see.

On the contrary, they inform what size Hasbro/TakaraTomy will most likely actually go for in their designs. Unless, of course, HasTak decides to retcon the whole thing. Keep in mind, Sunbow made the cartoon, not HasTak; HasTak might have an entirely different vision for any given character in that series. It's all on HasTak's whim. But the existing scale charts, so far, are indeed the best thing we have to go on, in the case of unified-scale lines, reasonable allowances to deviate from that aside.

But yeah, in the case of characters like Sky Lynx, where he does not have an official canon size(that we know about), it's up to Hasbro to canonize it with a hypothetical Siege-scaled figure. And since we don't know about any canon sizes for the character, to any of us, both guesses(Titan & Commander, or even Leader) are equally valid.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Iruini

Iruini Well-Known Member

So with the the whole leader class astrotrain thing, and how he has the whole thing of having diffrent colors between Hasbro and takara, and since hastak went through the whole product unification thing with transformers. Which color scheme will astrotrain have? The white and purple hasbro colors or the grey and purple takara colors.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    grey and purple, they will go with sunbow coloring, like that have for all of the other releases so far

• Like Like x 1
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I really wouldn't mind a Titan Class Sky Lynx to have a Space Shuttle close in toy scale to it's IRL scale in comparison to other vehicles but Commander would do me in a pinch!

• Like Like x 1
  17. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    White and purple will probably be a 'Selects' release (or the '36th anniversary' exclusive line). Save/gamble your money until then!

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChromedomeMaster

35th

19. Iruini

Iruini Well-Known Member

You know what would be cooler than a cel shaded siege optimus prime for the 35th line? A siege optimus prime that is remolded and repainted to look like how optimus was in the return of optimus prime episode in season three. Who wouldn’t want a zombie prime? Was it return of optimus prime that rodimus and friends went to the autobot crypt and found the zombie optimus prime or am I remembering another episode of g1?

• Like Like x 3
  20. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Think you might have missed the joke there.

• Like Like x 1