War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh that's true that there are still some viable options. I think the original poster and myself were basing the speculation on the fact that there are no more traditional G1 citybots or giant combiners for them to do. (However I can't see them spending money and time on a remake of a Metroplex so soon)
    I believe it will rest on how Hasbro expects the fans to react. Will there be an uproar with no more Titans or such an increase in price? Or will people generally be fine with no more 2ft tall robots and pay say 75% more for a slightly bulkier Commander class?

I could totally see Skylynx getting that treatment. His previous version was a letdown to folks and didn't even maintain his gimmick (something WfC seems to be trying to do). Heck maybe they pull a Skytread and even make up a combined robot mode for him. But the question is would you (i.e. Fans) pay ballpark $120 for such a Commander-sized figure?

For me it's all academic though as I tap out at leader-class sizes. The money issue and space required tend to get in the way.

2. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    My hope for Starsaber is heightened 1005C4A8-D64F-4110-A7D7-E3C0232CF4E6.png

• Like Like x 4
  3. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a list of what we know about Siege's offerings out there some where?

4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    At the very least Unicron, Primus and Overlord.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    i feel like commander class would be more appropriate for overlord. sure he's big, but he is no bigger than god ginrai, who is the same size as star saber who is the same size as dia atlas who is definitely not city bot sized

• Like Like x 4
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I know it's not appropriate. It's just a fantasy of mine to have a titan class Overlord. I hoped Fanshobby was doing one for a short time, but sadly not. Maybe someone will do an OS KO some day.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

• Like Like x 3
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    If they waste any more slots on them there will also be a lot of sad people.
    The only 84 guys I still care to see a toy of are siege Sunstreaker, CJ and Bee.
    I am far more interested in these guys or the Double Targetmasters or the Triggercons.

9. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

I’m still holding on hope that someday the autobot omnibots downshift, overdrive and camshaft could still possibly get new figures in wfc or something

• Like Like x 4
  10. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Sky Lynx might work as a Commander class, provided that he's stretched out enough. IMO, he needs to be able to take on Predaking, whom is already a Titan.

Can anyone confirm that Hasbro said that they're willing to do size classes "larger than Titan"? I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere, but I'd rather not be spreading baseless rumors if I can help it.

11. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Siege Jetfire be exact same size as the MP Star Saber? Starsaber from that mold seems redundant IMHO?

I feel Chug Star Saber should be old Leader height?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

But what about the saber component of star saber

13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    perfect effect pc-16 ginrai, potp orion pax, potp hot rod, potp optimus primal, siege core magnus, siege core shockwave and siege core leader prime are all about the same size as mp saber, so you could still have an old leader class star saber with a sufficient saber

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Star Saber should be the same height as God Ginrai, so commander class would be perfect.
    It would be the same size as the MO version, yeah, but compatible with the mainline gimmicks and with a much lower price tag, so I don't feel it would be redundant.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

You know what would be really unnecessary but really cool? If we ever get a siege doubledealer or CD redalert and their missiles can be detached and replace with siege omega supreme’s rocket missile thing.

16. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was Skylynx that big? I mean I remember him having the same problem as Astrotrain and Jetfire in the cartoon: he had constant size and mass inconsistencies, where one minute he was transporting multiple Autobots across the galaxy and then the next he was only a little bigger than Grimlock. I could never figure out how big he was supposed to be.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With Skylynx, I think you pretty much have to go off his more popular scenes.

There are two reasonable scales, IMHO. One is The Return of Optimus Prime and a handful of other appearances where he looks to be around Voyager or a bit bigger scale relative to Prime.

In turn, his most memorable action scene is singlehandedly squaring off against Predaking. He seems to be a bit more massive than Predaking's torso there. Some folks want him as big as a Titan to replicate that rivalry but I think Commander probably is closer to accurate even with Predaking's toy being oversized for CHUG purposes.

For my money, Commander Sky Lynx is a good match to Titan Predaking (I think the mass distribution will be easier to imagine with Commander Jetfire's vehicle mode compared to a Titan) and Voyager Sky Lynx would be a decent match if they downscaled Predaking to match the other combiners although maybe a Siege Leader would be better overall. I feel for most figure comparisons he only needs to be a bit larger than his CW figure but he really needs the parts count and balancing mass of a leader.

The Saber component was part of MP Star Saber.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    This, exactly. For me, I'd rather go the route where characters are given their "proper" size in spite of when the cartoon was afraid to do that(usually to interact with smaller characters). But I'll inevitably go with whatever size Hasbro decides on, since he'll be in a post-Siege line where his toy size will essentially canonize his size in relation to everyone else.

Forgive the Pedantic Orange coming out again, but technically, the Titan Combiner's combined modes are in-scale with the standardized Siege line, which is definitively CHUG scale. =p Though I'd undoubtably love a downscaled Predaking, if only just to have in-scale Predacons.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ChromedomeMaster

ChromedomeMaster Well known member

I think that sky lynx would be better as a Commander class, but I actually think the next Commander will either be star saber or broadside, but other candidates could be powermaster Optimus (please no), sixshot (probably not), or if they wanted to give fans depression, Scorpionok, though I am actually ok with scorpionok being this size, but I know everyone is going to hate me for saying that

• Like Like x 2
  20. ChromedomeMaster

ChromedomeMaster Well known member

Btw yeah the combiners are in scale but I can't get my hands on predaking:( :mad: :( :( (I'm not really interested in mr.green and purple, AKA the hulk) in other words... Give me a smaller predaking Hasbro!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3