War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I regret voting for Impactor only because he turned out pretty bad, probably the worst-looking Siege figure. I dunno, he's not hateful, but I think he and Chromia are the only figures in the line that I look at and have absolutely no desire to buy. I think I'd just rather have seen a Wheeljack that turns into the Cybertronian mode seen in the first episodes...hopefully Siege part 2 will deliver.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Wait, is there another list somewhere?

Hong Kong is the only one that I know of and both packs are 499 which in HK means roughly $64.00 US.

[​IMG]

Now we can speculate that Firestormer's Slamdance is an Autobot mold mate of Skytread for $20, Sideswipe is G2 for $20 and Aimless is $6.00 but the rest is cut off. So that's $46 worth of Siege figures so far (unless it's one of those patrol sets for $10). That being said I hope Skywarp's Battle pack is just $40.00 and not $60 US since I'm not really into the Micromasterss and Battlemasters this line offers anyway.

If they are $40-$50 then cool. And if they're both releasing this Spring, even cooler. FYI, I'd only want Slamdance from the Firestormer set so I'd likely end up selling the rest.

So far I like Mirage way more than Impactor but mainly because he should've been a Siege Voyager. The inner waffle thighs are not a dealbreaker for me yet though since other Siege figures have flaws that are worse but still get a pass. So I'll reserve my judgement of him until I get a better full frontal of the mold. But that just regarding Impactor.

.... Now my greatest worry here while looking at the alt-mode is if Hasbro makes Tarn out of this mold as a cheap way of finally throwing DJD fans a bone.

[​IMG]

I feel like Tarn deserves much more than this mold.... But Hasbro will be Hasbro at times.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2019
  3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    IT says spring 2019 for Skywarp.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel that since the listings for Greenlight & the Firestormers both say what they include for the most part, the Skywarp battle pack isn't going to include micromasters or battlemasters, but instead will be armor parts like Shockwave, or maybe just a bunch of weapons & blast effects. I'm leaning towards weapons, since I'm having a hard time envisioning what kind of armor would look good the tetrajet alt-mode.

My wallet is really torn on if Slamdance should be a repaint of Skytread, or retain his original cassette gimmick. I plan on getting any cassettes, but don't want to pay $50+ for a bunch of characters I don't need/want. So I'm secretly hoping he's a repaint ha ha.

5. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Is it just me or does impactor’s alt mode look a lot like that weird univese 2 tank megatron’s alt mode. Maybe it’s just a stretch.

6. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey you're complaining about a speculative hypothetical situation. Interesting idea though. He doesn't have the shoulders, so I doubt it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You might be right but I'm holding judgement till we have actual in-hand images or reviews. So far all we have are the CAD file pictures, which have been pretty poor in depicting the final product, and the unfinished hand painted toy at the convention. If I had gone strictly by preproduction images, i never would have bought Ironhide or Soundwave, both of whom are fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    All I can come up with for their part 2 reveal is at SDCC to NYCC. Unless Hascon is back on, I don't know.

9. DS TF

DS TF Well-Known Member

I
    was thinking of Turmoil being a retool of him...maybe?...

• Like Like x 1
  10. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Right, I mentioned this before basically hoping that one or more of these packs (Even Greenlight) will show up in May to fill in the void that Wave 3 figures won't likely start popping up until late June to Mid July.

I mean there's already plenty that rumored or planned to release from Sept. to Dec. (Astrotrain, wave 4, 35th anni maybe, Walgreen exclusive Ratchet, Apeface and who knows what else). So why not release what are likely to be Select's in May...

11. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    All these releases make me wonder about the release of part 2. Whether part 1 will be extended till mid 2020, some of those may be part of part 2 or there is something about all their releases that we don't know about.

• Like Like x 1
  12. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Hmm.... I feel like he should be a Voyager or Leader class figure to but I don't have as much value in him as I do for Tarn, so I'd be okay with Turmoil using Impactor's mold.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it'll make you feel better, assume he'll be reused as CDF Scattorshot. Just give him a new head, maybe a new chest, and replace all the guns w/ missile launchers. It'd be dope.

I am dubious on Tarn (or any of the DJD) showing up in a Generations toyline until they show up somewhere else besides the (now-ended) IDW series. Be that the animated series, the new comic, one of the other toylines, it doesn't matter. I always laud Hasbro for their ability to push out obscure or niche characters in their toylines, but Tarn just strikes me as someone Hasbro would feel the need to (slightly) re-brand before putting him out in a Generations line.

• Like Like x 2
  14. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if siege gets extended of course it could be technically if the 35th anniversary subline is more than the 3 voyagers and 1 deluxe.

I even stumbled upon a discord chat that claimed to have leaked info about the subline.

The post said something like 4 voyager class figures and 6 deluxe class.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Would that include 35th Optimus, SoundBlaster, Smokescreen, Redwing, and Bluestreak?

16. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

So are we able to discuss genrations selects and 35th speculation here? Are they technically still siege?

17. lonewolf96

News Credits:
    Soundblaster, Cell Shaded prime & Megatron along with Bluestreak yes. Leaving 5 more deluxe and 1 more voyager.

Redwing and smokescreen are generations selects while based on siege molds they are in a different subline

18. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look at their price for Thundercracker.

That’s more than $30 US.

If you assume Skywarp is the same multiple of Thundercracker in USD and Thundercracker is $30, Skywarp comes out to $55.

Close enough to possibly be $50 and the price is the same as the Sideswipe/Slamdance pack.

• Like Like x 1
  19. lonewolf96

News Credits:
    Given the 35th anniversary line has siege on the the box id say yes.

Generations selects isnt technically but they are releasing repainted siege molds

20. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I figure SDCC will be pretty limited. Apeface, Skywarp, Sideswipe, Slamdance, maybe a Selects figure or two, Ghostbusters Optimus.

Enough left to push that anything for part 2 would probably be a silhouette, concept art, or tease.

I’m hearing mixed stuff on when Part 2 hits and whether Siege has been extended. I lean towards Part 2 not hitting until March 2020.

Retailers haven’t been supporting new product launches at Christmas. We might see Wave 1 preorders then.

And Apeface suggests we might get another Siege wave or 35th. As I like to point out, if Bluestreak is retail, his case assortment is weird. All one figure? Mixed size class cases? More 35th deluxes yet to be revealed?

• Like Like x 1