War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    hasbro website has them listed for April release

• Like Like x 2
  2. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I am more curious what will be coming after the War for Cybertron Trilogy. Is Hasbro going to go back to Earth, and remake all the 1984 cast again in Earth modes?

3. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I'm hoping they do. But since they're investing so much care into the WFC trilogy, will they take it a step further and get licensed vehicles for their alt modes like Alternators, MPs, moviebots, and other properties of theirs? It's kinda exciting to think about IMO.

4. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

Do you have this guy in hand? If so, can I request some comparisons with Optimus, Megatron, and Shockwave?

5. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ectotron shows it’s possible, I think, to retool these figures with licensed modes.

I figure based on precedent that they’d pepper in unlicensed or generic modes for characters that don’t turn into consumer automobiles.

The question, I guess, is whether Prowl becomes a Datsun, an Impreza, or a modern car.

I can see them not feeling 100% bound to G1 if a better deal is offered by a different auto manufacturer.

6. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The first in a very, very long line of repaints of the Siege Voyager Optimus and Siege Voyager Megatron molds.

And we all thought Hasbro / Takara got a lot of milage out of the Classics Voyager Optimus mold....

• Like Like x 1
  7. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

unicron.com has a facebook interview that gives us some interesting insight. unrelated to siege they said ss-31 megatron is a target exclusive. they emphasized that their looking at forums for charactrers suggestions and if their is a lot of demand they probably do it. the second to last question was about armada prime, they didn't say much but they said they're working with takara on it, the prototpye was shown so they could see how fans felt about it. my theory is that takara wants to have a chug esq line more appealing to japanese audiences and also have premium paint jobs like titans returns legends and prior, with the interest in ut outside of japan i think hasbro might work with them to release outside of japan perhaps as a hasbro pulse exclusive

8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Probably.
    And after that they will do them as beastformers. And after that with period altmodes. (might actually be interested in that last one. It's not like anybody's ever going to do original characters with period altmodes in this geewun climate)
    I really hope they give the 84 characters a rest for a few years when Siege is over.
    There's so many cool characters that still haven't gotten representation since the nineties.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’d like Oil Slick as a retool of Ratchet. That’s the green Ratchet missing an eye who’s based on the eHobby redeco of G1 movie Ratchet and Beast Hunters Decepticon Ratchet.

I know some get sick of redecos but with a shortage of proper Decepticons, some evil twin types would be welcome IMHO.

Similarly Slicer from a prospective Wheeljack, Armada Sideswipe.

Honestly, the Action Masters and Predators from Euro G1 could be cool. Cryotek. Straxus. Jhiaxus. Pharma.

A lot of mad scientists in there!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No

11. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I hope they go slavishly G1. I mean, not to the point of MP where it compromises an otherwise fun figure, but just to get perfect, relatively cheap editions of very specific versions of the characters so we can move on to other characters and new editions of old characters guilt-free would be a nice move for Hasbro. Datsun Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen updtes would be wonderful to see in Generations.

Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part though. =/

It's almost breaking my heart that Hasbro isn't doing much redecoing any more. I would love to have each and every one you mentioned there.

I mean, more unique tooling is good, but easy/cool redecos like Slicer are actually fun.

12. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

How can they do the Cybertron Jets and not do a Sunstorm or Acid Storm?

• Like Like x 1
  13. jmagnus83

jmagnus83 Well-Known Member

So my guesses are below:

Battlemasters - I think we aren’t getting to 10. I think we will get to 2 more and I bet one will be a remold of Firedrive and I hope a new melee weapon.

Micro Masters - I think we get 2 more in wave 4 and I’m hoping for a second set of cassettes. Buzzsaw and Rumble/Frenzy hopefully.

Deluxe - nothing else except for Barricade

Voyager - I like your Blitzwing guess and I do think we will get at least one more since it seems that Springer and Thundercracker are wavemates at some retailers.

Leader - I can’t wait to see Astrotrain. I think we may get an exclusive similar to POTP Nemesis Prime using either Magnus or Prime molds.

Select Series: Redwing will look sharp. I’m hoping we get some Deluxe molds such as Tigertrack from Sideswipe and maybe a Black Ironhide!

Nothing new on the Battlepacks. I don’t want to purchase Lancer but definitely want to see it!

35th Anniversary line - definitely need more details but I’d expect they’d use the Seeker mood at least once.

SDCC - whichever Leader mold gets used for this exclusive will hopefully not be used for my theoretical Leader exclusive

• Like Like x 3
  14. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

are we going to see any amazon exlusives that are original molds like counterpunch

15. Ethan personaff

Ethan personaff Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe. That depends on if Hasbro is interested into making any exclusive new molds.

16. jmagnus83

My thought process with Amazon exclusives is that we will see the following:

Greenlight pack
    Lancer in a similar pack
    The Firestormer pack
    Skywarp pack
    A leader exclusive from either Ultra magnus or the Leader Prime mold

• Like Like x 1
  17. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Am I the only one that was disappointed by toyfair. Didn’t see anything new because of the renders we saw days ago

• Like Like x 1
  18. jmagnus83

I wasn’t disappointed in it outside of not seeing Siege Barricade who I wanted to see. Honestly the reveals from the retailer sites are just part of being a fan now. I bet Hasbro has to give Amazon first dibs on putting listings up. And people on the boards are dedicated in their hunting. It’s just not as easy for Hasbro anymore to surprise us

• Like Like x 1
  19. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

the only thing I was disappointed in was caliburst

• Like Like x 1
  20. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it was great and what I saw there made me enthusiastic for the future of Siege (and WFC in general).

I can recommend everybody - if you have the time - to watch the two videos on Unicron.com's Facebook page (pointed out by @DarkRed401 in another thread). The first video have Warden and co. answering some fan questions; the second one covers some of the cool gimmicks of Omega and Jetfire.

Unicron.com videos

• Like Like x 1