War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    an alternative line of thought is that since mainline releases are identical now it frees up budget for remolds like big powered and star convoy and possibly entirely new molds

• Like Like x 9
  2. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    That's what I'm thinking too. With the regular legends line gone they can focus on one or two of these projects a year.

• Like Like x 3
  3. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

Has Hasbro ever said what the scope of the Select Series is going to be? So far we have red swoop, ricochet, and green light right? Gotta be more to it than that and I could see armada prime and star convey possibly fit in there, especially since the latter is a remold of another potp fig.

4. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    greenlight is siege, and no, they havent really talked about the scope of generations selects yet

5. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    As tigatron2002 said, Greenlight is a Siege figure, not Selects. So the only Selects figures we know about are straight repaints - they don't even have new heads. I wouldn't expect much retooling in that line, if any.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    While there may be the budget there, what is the business motivation? Why would you spend that much money to engineer an all-new toy for such a limited release? It doesn't add up.

7. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

They just did it with Godbomber. Brand-new mold, never saw a release Stateside.

• Like Like x 2
  8. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We literally know nothing about this figure except it exists and it has engineering for super mode. We don’t know what line it is in. It could be lg-ex (not likely, they’ve never done new molds), it could be wfc part 2 (again, I personally don’t think so as it doesn’t really fit the look or feel of what has/tak has been doing with the main line the last few years, it could be a new line which I think is most likely. It’s definitely stylized and not made to look like the cartoon model it’s based on, unicron trilogy era fans are beginning to be of the disposable income age range, and nothing necessarily says armada prime will be a limited release, but hasbro usually shows off shared molds first, Takara usually only beats them to the punch when it’s a Takara exclusive mold or remold and then we have months of debate about what sense it makes to invest in such a limited thing when people fail to realize that Americans don’t want to pay for stuff. Japan gets cool shit like this because they understand that collectible figures cost money

• Like Like x 3
  9. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

Oh that's right, she's a PotP mold but in Siege packaging...hard to keep this crap straight.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    That is a good point. However, there are couple of key things to consider:

Godbomber has a more limited appeal outside of the Japanese market. Armada OP is a character from media available worldwide.
    Godbomber also was from a time when Takara was still doing premium decos and very different releases in their lines as opposed to Hasbro's, but now there is much more cohesion between them.

11. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where’s hasbro big powered? He was announced after brand unification. Fact of the matter is that if it’s a shared mold hasbro shows it off first, hence the sudden reveal of jetfire and company the other day ahead of wonderfest

12. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

I'll give you that with regard to Armada Prime. But he was revealed side-by-side with Star Convoy, another toy that has limited appeal outside Japan.

13. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    Why would they be hollow as Deluxes? In Siege scale, they would have a lot of plastic to spare since they'd be roughly 8-9cm tall, depending on character. The only way they'd be hollow would be if they had the budget of the Legends class for those same 8-9cm tall characters. :<

• Like Like x 3
  14. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    True, though I still think there were, at one point, two more large Titans Return boxsets planned, one of which would have included Godbomber. That's conjecture, though, to be fair.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

They wouldn't make the Mini-Bots and Throttlebots as hollow Deluxes. Especially given that a certain one of the Mini-Bots is a flagship character for Transformers.
    The problem is that the Throttlebots had an extremely limited cartoon appearance, even when compared to the '84/'85 Mini-Bots. So there's no definitive scale to them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jmagnus83

jmagnus83 Well-Known Member

Yeah those box sets may be the holy grail of Prime Wars items that never made it out to shelves. I’ve read the latest arguments about Armada Prime and I have no skin in this game. I have no connection to the Unicron Trilogy and do not import Takara items. From what I can see and from my intuition I don’t believe this Armada Prime is linked to Siege. As everyone has said Hasbro owns the first reveal of commonly released figures. They are the senior partner in this relationship and control the main line’s marketing and reveals. But I think that Hasbro understands and respects that the Japanese market (which Takara owns) is different and more collector focused. So the LG-EX branding can be used for limited (probably by budget) releases that cater to the japanese market. (I’m guessing that Repugnus and Grotesque were sold in LG-EX because Hasbro didn’t want to have a weird branding issue with POTP.)

Nowhere has anyone from Takara or Hasbro said that Takara can’t create new molds for this segment. And Hasbro can use them if they want. So I just feel that this isn’t a Siege 2 lead in figure but it’s own special thing

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gastrotrain

Gastrotrain Well-Known Member

Wasn't there some talk of celebrating Optimus Prime as part of the 35th anniversary, right around the time we first saw hints of mp 44? Maybe it's a new strictly Primes line?

• Like Like x 2
  18. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Commander class Astrotrain anyone?
    The guy needs to be huge.

• Like Like x 3
  19. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    His caning height is 5.5 meters tall, he'd be no more than a Voyager. Though someone suggested a large Astrotrain-colored shuttle/locomotive playset with a Siege-scaled Astrotrain pack-in as a valid idea for Siege. I don't see it happening, but it would be very cool!

• Like Like x 2
  20. BumbleBuzz

BumbleBuzz The only Minibot that matters these days

I'd like to see leader triple changers. However I stand firmly wIt's Leader Lugnut.

• Like Like x 1