War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

I know, but Scorponok was in the poll for the next titan with Trypticon and Omega Supreme, so Hasbro's plans are pretty clear. Maybe in the figured they will also make smaller, comics inspired version of him and Fortress Maximus, who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ddg studios

Ddg studios Well-Known Member

Yeah just a wish

• Like Like x 1
  3. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    So imagine, if you will...

These modes --- the modes in the image I uploaded to this post --- retained in the Generations Seacon update, but now have 5mm handlebars so that the other Generations figures can man them as turret emplacements. Imagine the barrels of the turret cannons able to accept Siege's effects parts.

Now imagine the Seacon limbs with tight Siege-like joints so they're actually able to hold up a fellow Deluxe-class Seacon in Targetmaster mode while they're combined.

THIS, THIS, ladies & gents, is what I'm ultimately hoping will happen as a result of Siege's C.O.M.B.A.T. gimmick ecosystem.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    So a thought that occurred to me earlier: With characters like Overlord (and possibly others, he's the only one I know off the top of my head) having already appeared in western lines, and Star Saber and Deathsaurus being options in the vote for who would be a new Prime, I wonder if in WFC toyline and/or comic going forward HasTak are going to do something similar to what SEGA did with Sonic Adventure and merge the US and Japanese G1 canons into one narrative by gradually introducing more Japanese originating Transformers into this new unified G1-ish narrative?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Doubtful. While previously Japanese-exclusive characters have been showing up in toy form (and about time at that), it's mostly been because of their appearances in the comics. It'd be nearly impossible to reconcile the differences between the JG1 and USAG1 cartoons, since JG1 ignores "The Rebirth" and has "The Headmasters."

6. Ddg studios

Ddg studios Well-Known Member

That would be epic. Shove beast wars and other continuities in there too and we have a perfect tf conitinuity. Although idw kinda did this with having bw, prime, japeenese and etc characters showing up

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    Well, the way SEGA did it was more like picking bits from previously established canon to make a new canon. So I'm not necessarily suggesting rigidly bolting everything from the Japanese cartoons into the rigid US G1, more that in the new comic and/or toyline they might be forging a new, third G1 canon which is very close to the original while incorporating elements of both (as well as seemingly some characters drawn from other canons, both in the toyline and in the comics, judging by the images of Windblade in the new IDW comic)

• Like Like x 1
  8. orangeitis

News Credits:
    I don't know about "merge" as much as just swap elements like characters, but keep continuity separate. Both has things going on that they probably don't want to give up in favor of the other company(Primes vs Convoys being the main thing)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blam320

News Credits:
    And let's not forget non-Matrix-bearing "Supreme Commanders."

• Like Like x 1
  10. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    Indeed! After reading the Windblade miniseries as my first IDW comic I decided to go back and start reading IDW from Dark Cybertron Prelude onwards - I may still go back to read earlier stuff at some point - and I love seeing how they incorporated characters from other continuities, especially Beast Wars characters as Beast Wars was a massive part of my childhood! :D  I'd love to see them incorporate Beast Wars characters into a later Generations line but still with Autobots and Decepticons, perhaps canonically after Power of the Primes. Maybe have the Maximals appear as an Autobot team much like how Predacons originated as one, lead by Optimal Optimus and have mechanical beast modes ala Dinobots ^^

11. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    Well, as I clarified in my reply to Blam I mean this in the sense of treating WFC as it's own separate continuity but one which is very very much like the G1 Cartoon Continuity. To use the Transformers Multiverse terminology it would be a Primax timestream adjacent to the US and Japanese G1 timestreams.

• Like Like x 1
  12. orangeitis

News Credits:
    That seems like the most reasonable way to think of it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Magnus is probably shorter than the class would allow for because of partsforming and parts count. That Grimlock like you say could have maybe an inch or an inch and a half over Magnus in height and be suitable for the parts count and budget.

That said, with the Siege aesthetic, you could probably just downscale MP Grimlock and do retooling on his hands and joints while adding weaponizer ports. Probably wouldn’t take a dramatic rescale as he was a small MP before. 25% reduction. Transformation isn’t really too complex. Mainly just a matter of smaller, cheaper joints that peg in a little tighter and 5mm peg fists.

14. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    That raises some question what Armada Prime is. Masterpiece? LG EX retool of something? I think I could squint and imagine Siege Springer being the base for that depending on what Siege Springer looks like.

15. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    And pretty much every TFTM character since T30 scales with Siege aside from PotP Hot Rod being Rodimus sized and Rodimus being oversized. And Blaster.

One could argue for Voyager Wreck-Gar, Voyager Rodimus Prime, a bulker Kup.

But T30 Arcee and TR Blurr and Wheelie at a minimum scale perfectly (along with Cw Cyclonus and TR Scourge) with Magnus and T30 Springer is only a bit too tall which Siege should correct.

Honestly, none of the Prime Wars figures are a bad scale with Siege except the figures above Voyager scale.

• Like Like x 2
  16. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

I think it's just some kind of mainline release. We'll find out.

17. Blam320

News Credits:
    Too small for Masterpiece. Way too small. The new Star Convoy is roughly the size of MP-10 already, and he's far too small for a Masterpiece incarnation.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    I guess I was envisioning the Armada Prime there as a component of an MP Armada Supermode Prime. He’s about Voyager scale, right?

But those 5mm peg hands. Only MP Bumblebee had those, right?

19. Blam320

News Credits:
    Well, it depends on how big Armada Prime's core robot body is compared to G1 Prime.

And I also think MP Star Saber's core robot had 5mm hands.

20. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    What do you think will happen for Optimus Prime for part 2 or 3. Basically each part of a trilogy can't seem to get enough Optimus Primes.