War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

I'm for sure grabbing Hound and Flywheels at least. Maybe Sideswipe too, if he scales decently with my Universe Sunstreaker. And Shockwave is a must if he does have a voyager inside him. I'm skipping everything else though. Money is tight right now and I don't have bucks to waste on micromasters and battlemasters like I did on titanmasters last year. I'm actually glad they've axed the traditional legends this time around, because they've been a real killer on my wallet the last three lines. They better bring them back for round two though - we still need a proper Reflector and the rest of the Deluxe insecticons, alongside a proper Huffer and Pipes and, I dunno, Goldbug and the rest of the Throttlebot crew. Heck, even a new Warpath would be good, and a Goldbug and... augh, my bank account is cringing again!

• Like Like x 5
  2. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    You're not alone. There are others that are scratching the bottom of their wallets with each day. Wish I could help out in some way, but unfortunately, I'm one of them. I hope things get better for you.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel you. I’m back here instead for MP land partly because I think the new stuff is too plain, partly because I’m about to get way more for my money. (And I like the look of this line.) I clicked your profile link and see a posting about commissions. Work that art magic and get a Magnus!

4. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me?

Ultra Magnus. $50.
    Springer. $30.

And we'll see if I break down on Optimus and the Seekers for another $120.

I'm trying to cut back and make what collections I have meaningful to me emotionally and limit myself to one "best of" for each character.

I just sold off my CW Magnus so my shelf is Magnusless. Waiting for pics before I sell Springer.

5. Ddg studios

Ddg studios Well-Known Member

sadly I feel like all the early reveals are being given to studio series which blows we will probably have to wait till Saturday to see the figs

• Like Like x 1
  6. orangeitis

News Credits:
    But hey, Saturday!!! \o/

7. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll probably pick up almost everything, but Sideswipe and Prowl will stay in their boxes until and unless we get their brothers. I'm okay with a mixed aesthetic collection, but it'll just look weird if Prowl doesn't match Bluestreak and Smokescreen, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Just your usual MTMTE fan

Just your usual MTMTE fan Devout scAvenger

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So far, definitely buying:

Optimus: my FoC Optimus is too small and his joints have gotten really loose over the years

Flywheels: scAvengers collection

Race Car Patrol: a pro-Wrestler & a DeLorean? Sign me up!

Rescue Patrol: I’m buying it purely for Stakeout

• Like Like x 4
  9. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else just not at all excited for really much of anything in this series so far? I already have an Optimus and an Ultra Magnus I'm perfectly fine with. I like that Mags has a white OP under the armor, but thanks to Perfect Effect, so does my Ultra Magnus. I have both a Hound and Chromia I'm more than happy with. I don't even like the look of this new Chromia. Shockwave will only be interesting to me if he comes with Senator Shockwave underneath much the same way Magnus has White OP. I have no attachment to the Micromasters or Sideswipe. I don't even want Firebolt for my Hot Rods since I don't display them as Targetmasters.

I think the only figures I'm remotely interested in are Flywheels to replace my makeshift one (and if it's as good as Battletrap, he should be quite cool), Lionizer for my Cybertron Smokescreen to complete my G1 Rad update, and maybe Ironhide.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I completely disagree with everything you're trying to say....except the prospect of a Senator Shockwave as the inner Voyager for some reason, I hadn't thought of that.

It would make this scene possible:

Senatorshockwave.png 250px-Shadowplay3-SenatorWho.jpg 395px-Transformersrid_17_cover_clean.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  11. Fade2BlackZarak

Fade2BlackZarak Well-Known Member

Well, nothing but this will be satisfactory now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

So, on the topic of things we are to get and the total:

Micromasters:
    Rescue Patrol - $10

Battle Patrol - $10

Race Track Patrol - $10

They each have at least one decent little guy, even if I didn't initially buy the idea too much.

Subtotal = $30

Deluxes:
    Hound - $20

Sideswipe - $20

Ironhide - $20

Skytread - $20

(I don't have Fortress Maximus, so Cog is really up in the air)

Subtotal = $80

Voyager:
    Optimus Prime - $30 (Don't like the alt mode, but hey it's a Voyager Cybertronian Optimus)

Starscream - $30

Subtotal = $60

Leader:
    Ultra Magnus - $50

Total: $220
    Complete madness, even without tax. (My calculations of an equivalent purchase at the current rates in my area is $188 — enough that another toy can easily be bought before hitting $220.) Might need to trim out the patrol with the ugly wheel hands and Sideswipe to help recoup costs. Skytread kind of doesn't have the appeal of two Legends, both by not being able to buy separate for lower prices and space requirements. Really hope Walmart and Target get these out lower than MSRP. They seem pretty standard for the raised price.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Right now SIEGE feels like Classic's 3.0 but I could actually use a new OP, Meg Sideswipe, Ironhide, Voyager Seekers and some others characters that could make this line more memorable than the PotP, which to was a disappointment save for the Terrorcon's and a couple Fembots and Legends.

So it could honestly go either way since I'd prefer a Voyager class G1 Shockwave instead of the Shadow Play stuff.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But....Shadowplay Shockwave would be incredible at any scale.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Speaking of Shockwave I have said it's be neat if Shockwave's armored mode evokes a great deal of his animated design. Like you can have G1 Shockwave become the turret of Shockwave's Animated tank mode then you can use the tank to be both a base for G1 Shockwave to be and combine both the core robot and tank trailer into basically Animated Shockwave in the CHUG style.

• Like Like x 1
  16. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong I'd entertain one but not at the cost of not getting a long awaited Voyager class Shockwave.....

We brought up last week that my only hope of buying that rumored Leader Class Shockwave is if Shockwave is a Voyager that fits into a "Energon Shockblast" suit. Hell, I probably wouldn't even use the Shockblast part, so I'd be paying $50 for a Voyager which I'm sure Hasbro might be planing.

• Like Like x 3
  17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Unlikely as this is I'd love to see the Siege Springer figure be repainted into Rodimus Prime like how we got Rodimus from T30 Springer in the Cloud line.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Draco Dracul

Draco Dracul Well-Known Member

This line is going to cost me quite a bit because I'm not seeing much that I don't want. Of the one's revealed so far, I think Cromia is the only one I'm ambivalent toward, mostly because she appears to be appears to be a retooled PotP Moonracer.

• Like Like x 3
  19. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    All I know is I’m buying that Shockwave regardless of what it’s gimmick is

• Like Like x 4
  20. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Remember guys, if Warden is anyone to be believed, Shockwave, particularly the G1-mode Shockwave would necessarily have to be a Voyager shorter than Megatron, because Siege figures are in scale with each other.

G1 Shockwave under Warden's declaration just can't be the mode that is "armored-up" to.

• Like Like x 4