War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

They'd be really easy.
    Mirage with opaque plastic on the legs, change the Cybertronian writing to human text. If they wanted to remold something, maybe give him an open driver seat.
    Hound, get rid of the roll bar/cage, and give him a windshield like the original. Ideally new hubcaps, but it seems they didn't do that with Ironhide, so who knows.
    Sideswipe, paint on a roof and window frame. A new, two piece spoiler could plug into those rectangular holes, one half on each side.
    Done.

2. jojo1982

jojo1982 Well-Known Member

Now wave 4 of Earthrise will be an interesting one

I think Bluestreak is a for sure thing and Needlenose will finally pop up. But as far the 1 or 2 Voyagers and the Leader is a mystery to me.

Maybe the Leader Class will be Blitzwing

3. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    What makes you so sure there will be another Leader? Others have made argument that 3 is it

4. jojo1982

Im not 100% sure, but just with Doubledealer releasing around the country now, they got a good 5 months to release another Leader Class figure. I know we got 3 for the year with one being a rerelease, but it’s definitely enough room to release one more for the year.

We’ll find out at SDCC what they have in store for the end of the year with wave 4

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  5. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    I'm all for more Leaders, just dont want to get my Hope's up, there is a rumored Leader but who knows

• Like Like x 2
  6. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think what you're describing is possible, even likely, but almost certain to be retailer exclusive and/or fan channel to avoid clogging shelves with toys that look too much like other toys.

A Mirage/Sideswipe two pack feels like an Amazon exclusive. Hound? I could see either getting skipped or his earth mode being a G.I.Joe crossover release.

Had we not practically confirmed Ratchet as a Leader class release?

I'm expecting that to be Earthrise Ironhide essentially but with an extra $30 hunk of plastic that won't technically be a second character. I figure that could either be a Voyager sized bio examination bed (for your AU Optimus to die on) or maybe a quarter inch deep Teletraan-1 facade. Either would be a dig at 3rd party, which feels like part of Hasbro's agenda with pack-ins.

7. jojo1982

Same here....
    With all the madness going on, it feels like wave 4 doesn’t exist and we’re just preparing for WFC3, instead. I’m sure Hasbro wants to save any wave 4 reveals for SDCC, which surprisingly haven’t got leaked out yet.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

Ratchet's best moments came from the MTMTE comics, so to me he can keep his Cybertronian mode. Either way, it seems odd to stick a deluxe in a leader box. I know they've been doing it the whole time with voyagers, but a deluxe? How much stuff would he have to come with to justify a leader price point?

No, I think it's far more likely for earth mode Ratchet to be either a selects release, or a regular deluxe in Kingdom. That's how they're doing Inferno after all.

9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I think if Hasbro ever makes better earth mode figures of Sideswipe, Hound, Mirage, Ratchet, Bluestreak, Jazz and the rest of the Ark Minibots, I may just lay off buying transformers. Just trying to think of the future.

10. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    Well, we know Jazz, Bluestreak, and Ratchet are coming. Most of the minibots have already been done, maybe they could reissue them as Pulse exclusives or something. Hound, Sideswipe, and Mirage would probably be some sort of exclusives. Maybe a three pack?

11. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    Of the minibots:

Cosmos, Gears, and Huffer have never had media accurate style figures.

In terms of media scale, nearly all the minibots aside from Gears would probably be between Refraktor and Sunstreaker in height.

Gears, Cliffjumper, and Bumblebee are the only ones really in the Legends ballpark IMHO.

• Like Like x 2
  12. BombSquad

News Credits:
    Personally I'm happy with most of what we got in Prime Wars, but I can see how people would want new ones. I haven't seen G1 in a while, so I wasn't sure exactly what the cartoon scale was. Agreed that we need a new Gears and Huffer. I'm fine with IDW Cosmos, but a new one wouldn't hurt.

13. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

People keep claiming this, but where's the listing?

14. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    We've seen Ironhide who's a Deluxe, they were both Deluxe in siege.

What sense would Leader Make? A case could made for Voyager with included medical bay and supplies etx

• Like Like x 1
  15. jojo1982

lol Nothing is confirmed that we’re getting a Leader Class Ratchet, not saying that you’re right or wrong. Just saying it’s still pretty open on who we will get for the next Leader class, if we get one at all.

16. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    Where did the $49.99 pricepoint Ratchet thing come from?

17. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

What was the release pattern for the 3 Siege leaders? Was there a long gap at the end?

Also, as I understand it, Astrotrain was bumped forward into Siege because the line had been so successful. Wouldn't it be reasonable to think that they could have adjusted the entire WFC line for that reason, and that Earthrise and Kingdom might be similarly expanded?

18. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotbot, the first guy to post all the TRU CA listings back in early February, found also a listing for Ratchet in their system.

He noted it was listed as “Tra Gen Selects Leader Ratch”

19. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    Ahhhh. Selects. So it doesn't have normal packaging shape necessarily.

I'd still be down with a 7 inch biobed (maybe with a tilt hinge and flip-up 5mm posts to keep figures plugged in) or Teletraan facade as the $30 worth of extra plastic.

20. BombSquad

News Credits:
    The thing that bothers me is that so far none of the Selects have had more than a new head and/or weapons, so why is Ratchet a leader? Is Hasbro changing how they approach Selects? Is it simply an error? Is "Ratch" short for something else?