War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...isn't that basically siege shockwave?..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

I....uh..yea?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tarkus 2

Tarkus 2 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Soundwave..when is that blue blocker loyalist living computer getting his Earth mode? No seriously he better be a heavy duty van because I sure as shit a cassette player is perfect for ground combat.

*Remembers Soundwave can fly*

But if what if he needs to be in a more grounded fight?

4. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I still want the cassette player, even if it’s a true third mode...as long as it looks true to the original.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tarkus 2

Tarkus 2 Well-Known Member

Well thats fair and all...but we do need to mix it up here and there with Soundwave needing a bit more of a useful alt-mode...heck maybe Frenzy and Rumble could need some Deluxe upgrades? I mean...maybe as his goons he sends out...its the idea I have for a Nemesis Crew I'm slightly almost complete with

6. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

I kind of suspect an alt mode closer to Devastation or Earthwars or Classics. Minicooper meets aggressive rally car. Maybe with some 40s VW hood detailing.

Should be a very G1 Botmode though!

I don't think we'll get proper G1 vehicle modes without licensing agreements and we'd only get licensing agreements if they did a cartoon studio series rather than these which are a continuity reboot with added detail/features.

I for one could absolutely see them doing G1 animated Studio Series waves based on these where they reduce the detail, up the paint deco accuracy, and license vehicle modes at a $5 or so upcharge. Especially if they run out of big Bayverse SS characters and the next line/trilogy is beast themed.

7. RodimusRex

If they wanted to update G1 Soundwave...

I'd like to propose:

A gaming PC (let's just call his cassettes motherboards). A lot of those have transparent side panels. Rubber cable ala Leader shockwave that leads to a monitor that becomes a shield. You'd just need one leg to have a CD rom and power button on the side and the other to have a bunch of generic ports.

A retro video game console. In this case I'd probably have his eject panel on bottom of the console and give him a cartridge slot on his back for cassettes. Two controllers that become guns.

A home stereo. Detail his robot mode back like a modern home stereo and conceal the cartridge slot in his rear.

For me, Rumble and Frenzy are the
    This is not totally out of line with what I'd expect.

Maybe throw in a Beast Arcee in Selects to up the Fembot count. Windblade and Slipstream.

Maybe swap G2 Optimus for BW Megs and toss in Commander Class Powermaster Prime. Takara Selects Nucleon Quest Convoy with some accessories from that.

I think Laser Prime would be cool. But I also think BW and TFTM is a VERY FULL focus.

Oh. The Walmart Netflix Deluxe Cheetor and Deluxe Quintesson are thought maybe to be pullforward redecos of WFC3 figures.

I think Deluxe Quint is a Quintesson Scientist. No throne, no spinning gimmick, similar to Voyager Quint where his face and butt flap down as Micromaster ramps. Others think it's an Alicon redeco but I'm not sure it'd be any easier REALLY than Quint Scientist with articulated limbs and a transformation that's just "remove energy stand, lower flap A, lower flap B, remove cage, done".

Cyberverse has promently featured both the judge and the scientist in some form. (Their scientist looks more like MODOK but the character at least got exposure.)

8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Rumble and Frenzy are the what? Rumble and Frenzy are the what!?

:D 

Seriously though, those are some fun ideas! Another modern take for cassettes would be as USB sticks, sure there'd be a lot of mass shifting but there already is for Ravage to be (at least) the size of a big cat, Laserbeak to be a big bird and Rumble and Frenzy to be about human sized from cassettes so it's all good.

I love the idea of a Soundwave who turns into a retro console! Though, now I'm imagining Rumble and Frenzy made up like Mario and Luigi xD

• Like Like x 1
  9. RodimusRex

I don't mind mass shifting personally but I kind of do want the cassette bots to be able to interact with Soundwave so I feel like their altmodes should scale to one another.

Kinda like why I want Grandus and Sky Garry to be smaller so they can have alt modes that retain their combined mode with Star Convoy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

I never suggested the cassettes shouldn't scale with Soundwave :)  just that them being USBs would be no less strange than cassettes.

11. HoneyBee86

HoneyBee86 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any ideas of what Cheetor and Deluxe Quintesson will look like? I imagine they would be based on already existing molds so they would probably take after someone

12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Deluxe Quintesson is likely just an alicon recolor (seeing as they are aligned with the quints) and Cheetor is probably a recolor of an upcoming wave 4 earthrise new mold that is in line with his role in cyberverse

• Like Like x 1
  13. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

dumbass me wants this cheetor to have fold out side cheetah thrusters to envoke his transmetal gimmick thing

• Like Like x 6
  14. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

I could see Goldbug being done that way to differentiate him and give him the boxier appearance

• Like Like x 3
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Would be awesome.

16. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

Is it accepted that Cheetor is a new mold?

If so- who are the redecos/remolds? Could it do canines as well as felines?

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Hopefully Cheetor is indeed a new mold that serves as a prelude of a BW line which from how we're getting a new BW comic series from IDW may indeed be more possible now.

As for his redecos well for starters Cheetor has Shadow Panther,his canceled Horrorcon repaint Nightprolwer, along with Tigatron though the latter would likely be a new mold that shares the transformation scheme as Cheetors.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is not accepted generally, no. It very well may be a new beast mold, but it could just as easily be a carbot redeco for a pre-BW Cheetor*. It's very up in the air (to us - I'm sure Hasbro knows what the listing is about).

As to the redeco potential (if it is a new mold), I suppose it depends on if it's original recipe or Transmetal Cheetor*, and how much of a dip into BW this is. If it's TM Cheetor (as the base mold in ER or WFCIII), then the WM Netflix version could be the Armada deco, for example (which would really fit in with the WM deco/paint schemes so far). If this is the only BW figure, Tigatron is more likely than, say, Shadow Panther (he's a more popular character), but if they're doing many BW characters, Tigartron would probably get his own mold.

*WFC is a re-canonization of G1 that is drawing on certain elements of non-G1 continuity sporadically (e.g. CDF Hot Shot and movie Barricade). How the BW characters may fit into this (if at all) is an open question that many are far too sure of themselves on. It certainly makes more sense *to me* that a Cheetor that appears in the WFC line would be very robotic (hence TM and or pre-BW car as suggestions), but that's entirely dependent on how he (and others) are brought in to the story. If the Maximals are from an entirely different planet than Cybertron, for example, it makes sense for him to be organic-y like S1 at this point in the WFC story. If he's part of a wave of Autobots joining the fight that also includes Jazz, Tracks, and Rodimus, a carbot makes sense as does a mechanical beast (like, e.g. the 'Con Headmasters Jr or Dinobots).

• Like Like x 5
  19. RodimusRex

How would Armada fit in with the WM redecos?

I'd have a much easier time envisioning Cyberverse Cheetor with a bunch of airbrushing and a big gun (which is still a fairly mechanized take) than a purple Armada reference.

I agree people may be jumping the gun assuming BW show accuracy or a full BW line.

I think there's a stronger case in some ways that Cyberverse could go full BW. It's not a bad guess that some BW figures could see reissues.

I think there's fairly sound reason to suspect near half of WFC3 will be 1986 movie themed.

There's sound reason to expect at least one Bumblebee later in ER or WFC3 given both Bugbite's Selects listing and Netflix Bumblebee's listing and Warden's comments about Bumblebee not being a Cliffjumper retool.

There's a reasonable basis to be on the lookout for at least one Jazz because he's the only 1984 robot not accounted for in WFC. In fact, excluding minibots, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker, Jazz is the only 1984 character not to be known to be getting AT LEAST 2 releases in WFC. (Prowl - 2 molds, Sideswipe - 3 releases of one mold as Sideswipe, Mirage - 3 releases, Hound - at least 2 releases, Wheeljack - 2 releases, Ratchet - 2 molds, Ironhide - 2 molds, etc.) Even allowing for PotP, Jazz's absence is conspicuous now that everyone else seems to be getting 2-3 variations.

A good deal of WFC3 is unaccounted for.

There's reason to suspect a beast THEME of some kind in that Blaster hasn't been done yet and his cassettes are beasts, Breastforce partners can be accomplished via redecos, Cheetor is getting some kind of release, Star Saber has been teased for years which points to Victory Leo. 2 of the fan poll figures from Earthrise featured beast or monster modes.

On top of that, Takara Selects has generally cross-promoted the mainline and I think has generally tried to promote collecting the main line. Dai Atlas fit with PotP as another faction leader in the same release cycle. Star Convoy ties in with Micromasters and corresponds to them in Siege. The Seacons and BW2 redeco might point to design thoughts at Takara.

Which isn't to suggest a whole line of beasts. Siege had a Cybertron/Galaxy Force motif running through it. Earthrise has Micromaster bases. But it would be a shock at this point not to see multiple beasts.

20. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Armada deco (purple and orange with the colors fading into each other on the chest) would fit in well with, for example, Scrapface and Hotlink who have similar color fades and bright metallic colors.

• Like Like x 2