War for Cybertron (2019) Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I haven't written off a straight recolour of Siege Brunt, as Slammer's colours are pretty much correct for the comic version of the centurion droids he's based on, question is whether as a single release, or will he be a pack-in with a Titan class Metroplex do-over?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

if you pack him in with a new plex what about scamper? i'd love to see him get deluxified
    oh yea and wipeout he would be cool as a repaint of some small deluxe windcharger/tailgate which I feel like will happen eventually....just so I can have my chance at rook

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  3. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    IF Metroplex is a good candidate for 2021 Titan, then Slammer is a good candidate for whatever comes after Modulators. Chin up, kid! I think the odds aren’t bad.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what I'm theorising if they were to go more G1 on a New Metroplex then Brunt-Slammer, or maybe a whole cloth new Slammer, could be an integral part of city mode, so Scamper gets booted to single mainline deluxe release as Sixgun already has been.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Equipulators. To equip your robots

Also, the next Titan will be Cybertron Metroplex, so no Slammer.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

After ER you still have micromaster transports that can go from trailers/stuff for their micromaster to either armor for their micromaster or just a separate robot. or action master vehicles, who could get bot modes and names and blame new guys!
    [​IMG]
    like take this, give it a robot mode/be able to come apart as weapons and you got yourself a deluxe class stratoronic
    so they can keep slammer company

• Like Like x 5
  7. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Can we all just take a moment to appreciate Equipulators properly?

Thank you.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Tarkus 2

Tarkus 2 Well-Known Member

Gut Cruncher - Voyager tank
    Krok - Deluxe stealth bomber (even though TR's is good but this if you're going true G1 look)
    Axor - If we get a Lockdown he'd be a repaint with an axe cover-up weapon
    Slicer - Obvious repaint of WheelJack
    Banzaitron - Leaderclass
    Treadshot - Deluxe but if we get a new Warpath deluxe

• Like Like x 5
  9. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

selects overkill from snapdragon, why you may be asking,
    because, I want one.
    >:[ what are you gonna do about it? stab me?
    if we get a perceptor I do hope to god he gets a selects mainframe, the black diaclone repaint who's name I cannot spell gets to be apart of the netlfix line of wfc3, let me have my action master doode

also I hope this hypothetical wfc3 perceptor gets a more tank like tank mode

• Like Like x 3
  10. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, so this is pretty far out, but think it may please the most people... What if with Cyberverse ending this year, we get a replacement Beast Wars Generations type line, BUT the retools, or at least some of them, are G1 beasts?

This way you could possibly get a Deluxe Insecticon Venom as a retool of Tarantulas or Waspinator, a Cheetor retool as Catilla, a Wolfang retool as Carnivac or a BW Insecticon retooled as G1 Insecticon Shrapnel.

I realise there’d be a bit of retooling to do (from Organic to Mechanical Beast Detail) but looking at how Titans Return Alpha Trion & Broadside share parts for example, I think it’s doable.

You’d still have the main ‘G1’ generations line going uninterrupted (which for better or for worse, is clearly what retailers want) but Beast Wars fans get a partial reboot, it’ll get more retailer support as it has some G1 characters in too & even G1 fans will be happy as they can get more variety (imagine the Dinobots spread over 2 lines instead of one, & how much quicker you could have them all done!)

I realise this may sound a bit farfetched, but Hasbro already does similar with Marvel Legends where its Movie (And now Game) waves are usually bolstered by some comic accurate characters too.

Considering we’ve already seen the introduction of Marvel Legends’ ‘Build-a-Figure’ (with Maccadam in the Cyberverse line) and Blast Effects (in the main WfC line) this last year I don’t think it’d be too farfetched an idea, & probably the best for both fans, retailers and Hasbro.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think a Cyberverse sequel/expansion for Beast Wars is at least possible if not probable. They'd have to do whatever one does to convince retailers it won't be Beast Hunters all over again (or was BH a righting of the Prime sales ship?), but I think it's the way to go with a movie coming soon(-ish). As to whether or not G1 and BW characters would be blended together, I think it's possible with the Insecticons and Dinobots but maybe not anyone else (unless the repaint is just so obvious and easy).

• Like Like x 3
  12. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree Dinobots & Insecticons are the main ones, though I’d really like the animal pretenders like Chainclaw, Catilla, perhaps even the Monster Pretenders from the Fuzors at a push.

I realise they’d be unable to have the actual extra Pretender shell, & have to have a hybrid shell/inner robot form instead but I really want the characters, & don’t see how we’d get the shells in today’s toy lines.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

I am here to demonstrate the wfc3 modulator ideas I have with ol reliable: ironworks
    [​IMG]
    basically this is what a micromaster transport could look like, you know but better. A micro could peg into the transport and then said transport becomes armor or something for the micromaster. would that be hard to engineer? maybe? would this be hard to do if the micromaster is sold with the transport in a deluxe set? I have no clue.
    point is, you think this could work. or something attuned to this for wfc3, I dunno I'm just the ideas guy....and this is gonna make me sigh because this means erector could have a chance of existing again, he'd probably have his name changed yea?

• Like Like x 9
  14. Joseph Joestar

Joseph Joestar Compycorn

Instagram:
    I like the idea of an armor for micromasters, kinda similar to armada overload, maybe they can sell them as voyagers or maybe sell them separately.

And even if they change Erector's name he will still remain as Erector in our hearts

• Like Like x 2
  15. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I just want to throw in:

Ever since Botcon used movie Lockdown's mold for Action Master Circuit, I've thought Circuit and Kranix (who has a movie Lockdown style body) should share a mold.

Kranix as a Weaponizer might work fairly well with your idea and it's not completely offbase as a legacy gimmick since G1 Kranix arguably never got a figure and the one toy we got NAMED Kranix was Unicron's minicon, which arguably makes Kranix like the city bot companions as an accessory for Unicron.

On that note, I'd like to point out that Ultra Magnus (from when Galvatron scattered his limbs), the Quintesson dungeon prisoners, Autobot X/Spike and a few others REALLY suit the Weaponizer gimmick.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Cardion

Cardion Well-Known Member

I wonder if it\'s possible for them to make an Earthrise Prime in the Siege 35th Cel-shaded colors? The Earthrise Prime colors are too dark and his eyes are barely visible. I like the Earthrise figure but find myself wishing it had the POP of that other Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  17. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i'm kind of surprised hasbro didn't take advantage of the war for cybertron trilogy to overtly market one toyline battle-damaged (siege), one toyline clean (earthrise), and one toyline cel-shaded (part three): maybe we'll get there yet?..

• Like Like x 2
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's honestly what I'm hoping will happen should we get a new BW line for Generations. Simply have the BW line to not only give BW fans some love but to also have a place to put the Pretender beasts and Monsters/Monstructor in a line where otherwise they would be out of place in any regular G1 line. With WFC also be a retlelling of G1 which in turn technically has the original BW series be in the original G1 universe,you can have the theme be about the tech of the Pretender program being used to give bots organic shells as Cybertronians transition into the Maximal and Predacon eras.

With how Cyberverse getting really heavy into the BW references along with having plenty more beasts in general I wouldn't be shocked if next year we got a sequel series that's all about beasts. Wouldn't be a bad way to bring more BW characters back into the mainstream market along with giving lesser known beast characters like the Terrorcons/Abominus,and Monstructor some time to shine.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well that actually a good idea for part 3.

20. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Made In Heaven

News Credits:
    So... The Earthrise fan poll was June 13th last year, a rapidly approaching date. Do you think we'll get a Fan Friday poll in June?

• Like Like x 2