War for Cybertron 2!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm hoping for Animatron or some sort of jungle planet. If they add a class with beast modes... oh my god yes. That would be glorious.

The offworld multiplayer could have a little bit of a story to it. It would be all the conflicts over Energon being smuggled off world that was mentioned in Prime.

2. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Someone hasn't played Batman: Arkham Asylum.

If WfC came to Earth (and was mabe called Battle for Earth or something) The for the love of all that is holly bring in destructible environments!

3. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arkham doesn't have a multiplayer mode :p 

Looking forward to that sequel as well though.

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I hope it's not on Earth, only if there's destructible environments! @Kaymac, Beast Modes? YES PLEASE. If it is on Earth, I'd like the multiplayer to have other cars driving around, so cars can blend with the environment and harder to find, and have different courses for differet vehicles (Air Hangar for jets etc.). PLEASE be able to throw the cars if they add them :D 

5. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

I own Batman: Arkham Asylum but get bored with it fairly easily... :)  I play Escalation and MP WFC for hours at a time...

6. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I honestly think they should make a prequel, setting before the whole "DARK ENERGON" thing of Megatron.

Something in outer space would be very nice though, I mean, it's fucking awesome to imagine something like a Star Wars battle: Two massive ships trying to kill each other through a massive wave of soldiers, but you're the starship and the soldier!

Imagine landing on the enemy ship while transforming and braking the speed with your feet! then destroying the ship inside out. EPICNESS.

7. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

Aw, man. 2012 is soooo far away. :( 

8. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    You know to! Haha kidding. I'm surprised there ins't any MP in Batman. I would love to fight waves of enemies with a friend especially since Catwoman and Robin are in the game.

9. Kaymac

Orbital Debris was cool, but I always thought it needed more... you're suggestion is that "more". Star Wars Battlefront 2's space battle game mechanics applied to Transformers would be amazing. However, the two battleships would have to have something for people other than Scientists to do to. However, until we know what classes are included, we can;t say much.

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I hope the story is longer, and they can connect it closer to Exodus/set it up for Prime (maybe show Breakdown get buff).

11. Overlord Balder

To solve the class thing, maybe the ships could raise those weird steel bridges from WFC 1 and connect to each other? [So Scout and Soldiers could drive it through], something like a Pirate attacking a ship with those planks.

Or maybe send each scout/soldier on a flying plataform in the direction of the enemy ship, so they could jump from flying plataform to flying plataform while killing each other. that would certainly be cool.

12. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    HAhah yeah....

13. Kaymac

Perhaps it could be in a "space harbor", where there are big boxes moving from one ship to another, supported by a track up above, and you stand on top of the boxes if you are a scout, soldier, or leader? But the movements are sporadic, and you don't know where on the other ship you'll be dropped.

14. Overlord Balder

That would work as well, just make the boxes clash along the travel from one ship to another and we have a really cool gameplay.

15. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

I absolutely loved the first game, I still play it, but the game needs some major touch ups before I'd consider buying it.

One thing I was dissappointed in not seeing with the first game was offline co-op. I have two controllers, and a lot of my friends are TF fans.. But they don't have a console..
    I'd love to play Escalation with my friends offline.. Or even better, join up with other friends online.. The multiplayer had some definite drawbacks compared to the more modern shooters..
    The COD franchise has the option to mute players (stupid kids).. I would LOVE to mute some people.

Overall I'm glad to hear they're going forward with a sequel..

I just hope they make it a SEQUEL and not a recycled mess like the maps were.. Seriously, Static was a multiplayer map turned escalation map

Rant over.. Like Sweet Tooth would say, "It's good to be back!"

16. Kaymac

I was extremely disappointed with no offline multiplayer. A lot of games keep doing this and it's pissing me off. It's really sad when the only thing the Wii can do consistently that you're system can't is offline multiplayer.

I want a mute option too. Also, so I can hear people that actually use their microphones for something beyond profanity, they should make the voice a bit louder. I can barely hear it if it's coming from the TV speakers.

17. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I really want Wheeljack to be in the second one.

18. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a solo Escalation mode in WFC2. Probably my favorite mode of all, other players can sometimes drive me nuts.

19. Overlord Balder

Now that you mentioned, I think High Moon and Hasbro could [and in my opinion, should] make WFC2 the giant retconning machine that would fix all the inconsistencies between WFC and TFP for once and for all, doing things like..

- Incerting some mumbo jumbo about The Dark Energon on the original game being a weaker, copycat version of the TRUE Dark Energon.
    - Having Breakdown to become bulky and the badass havoc-wrecking machine of awesomeness we see in TFP.
    - Making the designs a bit closer to TFP [nothing radical, just a BIT closer].
    - Putting Soundwave in silence [I imagine him quoting other people's speeches out of context through the game, that would be hilarious].
    - Having Bulkhead to be introduced.
    - Showing Knock Out's introduction to the Decepticons.

..Wouldn't be hard and would fix a shitload of chronologic problems we have on this reality.

Man, seriously, imagine Soundwave quoting everyone, like saying "[Megatron's voice] DECEPTICONS [/Megatron's voice], [OP voice] ROLL OUT! [/OP Voice]" along the game.

20. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    well it would be cool to get a story still unfolding on cybertron as well as a story out in space or on earth....