Wanting BC08 toys for Aussie transfans.

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by griffin-of-oz, Feb 9, 2008.

1. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    My fellow Americans... no wait, that's not right...
    Okay, I'm from Australia, but don't let that put you off. We're not a bad bunch, once you get to know us.
    Anyway, BotCon 2008 is just around the corner, and fans are snapping up them BotCon exclusives like they are limited or something. Oh right, they are.

Since it is very expensive for foreigners to travel to BotCon, and it is an more expensive option to get them later from the secondary market (even if they did order a non-attendee, non-member set from Fun Pub), I wanted to at least see if it were possible to be the middleman for my fellow, uh, Australians. :) 

For anyone thinking of just trading in your figures to dealers like Big Bad Toy Store for credit, consider the option of getting them directly into the hands of collectors instead. You'd be getting the same money for the figures, and Australian collectors won't have to pay scalper prices from from toy dealers on ebay.
    It's win-win for collectors, and cuts out the mere profit making middleman of the toy dealers.
    What would make me any different to those middleman dealers? Well, I wouldn't be buying the toys to resell (I will have limited funds to spend on stuff I want), so I would either be lining up buyers with sellers, or bringing with me other peoples money to buy it on their behalf at whatever the going rate is (probably whatever BBTS is offering). And if by chance I get enough toys to cover pre-arranged demand, there would still be BBTS for you to sell them or ebay.

If you are interested in getting a direct sale at a reasonable price at BotCon (no transactions beforehand, to protect us both), especially for the non-preregistration toys (to save some fellow transfans in another country a lot of money), please contact me, or look out for me at BotCon. If they have that fan noticeboard, I'll post a note on it or you can pre-arrange to meet me somewhere.
    Thanks for those interested in helping.

2. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    Well foreign members should post their botcon wants and then work out a deal with members to pick up stuff for them.

3. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Since the majority of Australian fans aren't registered on this forum, or even interact on foreign forums, I am just asking on their behalf, to see if there was any interest here at all. And since I would be the one going to BotCon from Australia, the other fans wouldn't be able to pick up the toys in person anyway - so I have to be the one asking if I am the one at the convention.