Wanted: Masterpiece Seeker cockpit canopy

Discussion in 'The Junk Pit' started by ShadowStitch, Jun 21, 2014.

1. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    I finally acquired an igear PP03s Sunstorm, but the seller neglected to mention that both sides of the canopy were horribly cracked and pretty amateurly reglued back together. The guy has offered me a full refund if I return it, but I really want the figure, so I'm exploring the option of fixing it before I take him up on it.

I'm pretty sure the canopy parts are the same across all the masterpiece seekers, (even the KOs) so I'm asking around: if anyone has a yellow canopy from any MP Starscream, Skywarp, or Thundercracker junker, (basically anything that isn't acid storm green) please let me know. I need both the front and back parts.

Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  2. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Update: Well, thanks to a few helpful and generous radicons contributors, I acquired a MP Seeker canopy...but it was as I feared -- the Igear seeker canopy is ever-so-slightly retooled, to the point where the HasTak canopies won't fit properly, even with some generous shaving. The differences are almost imperceptible to the naked eye, but when you try to put one in place of the other, the molding differences become glaringly obvious.

So learn from my mistake and beware, anyone looking to remedy this same issue, before you waste a bunch of time and throw good money after bad, as I did.

Next, I guess I'll try emailing iGear. Maybe they have some spare/replacement parts somewhere they might sell me. And failing that, I guess I'll keep an eye out for another PP03s. (or chalk it up as one of those figures I was never meant to have)