Walt Disney Pictures Sets '09/'10 Release Dates

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ViperDragon, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42234
    Source: ComingSoon.net
    February 21, 2008

With the writers strike now over, Walt Disney Pictures has set new release dates for 2009 and early 2010.

The P.J. Hogan-directed Confessions of a Shopaholic, starring Isla Fischer, is coming to theaters Valentine's Day weekend, on February 13, 2009.

On March 13, 2009, the studio will release Race to Witch Mountain, the remake with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and AnnaSophia Robb.

Wild Hogs director Walt Becker's new comedy, Old Dogs, featuring Robin Williams, John Travolta, Kelly Preston, Bernie Mac, Matt Dillon, Seth Green, Lori Loughlin and Rita Wilson, is set for an April 10, 2009 release.

It looks like X-Men Origins: Wolverine will have new competition on May 1, 2009, as Disney will release The Hannah Montana Movie on that date.

On June 19, 2009, you can expect the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, based on the video game (previously July 10, 2009).

Also from Bruckheimer comes the live-action/CGI family feature G-Force, now set for a July 24, 2009 date (previously May 1, 2009).

Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds romantic comedy The Proposal, previously scheduled to come out on February 13, 2009, has been pushed back to September 25, 2009.

Disney will release Bruce Willis sci-fi action-thriller Surrogates, based on a graphic novel, on November 20, 2009.

And Tim Burton's mix of performance capture animation and live action for Alice in Wonderland will be seen on March 19, 2010.

Two other Disney films have also been retitled. "South of the Border" will now be known as Beverly Hills Chihuahua (Sept. 26, 2008) and "High School Musical 3" as High School Musical 3: Senior Year (Oct. 24, 2008).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Prince of Persia movie could be interesting. I really like the games.

2. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    these are the bold flags...........[ B ] [ /B ]

prince of persia sound interesting same with alice in wonderland....i really like tim burtons stuff

3. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It boggles my mind thinking that the same studio is responsible for G-Force and Hannah Montana.

4. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

wow

a G-force movie?...cool

5. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Blagh, Th Disney Movies really don't have me all that excited. I will however, say, that the Jerry Bruckhimer Produced Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time still sounds mightily interesting, even after hearing about in 2005 (three years ago!). X-Men Origins: Wolverine is something I'll wait on until I see a Teaser Trailer.

The announcement of a G-Force Movie makes me shudder with fear.

6. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    OMG I can't wait for Tim burton's alice in wonderland

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    a prince of persia movie???
    nice

and yeah...in quite intrigued by the tim burton alice in wonderland

should be neat!

8. Deceptikitty