Walmart legacy G2 Capsule and retro Reissue images.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Never see these sitting for long around here. Never saw a Sideswipe and Dead End at all but was able to find a good price for them online. Let's face it, Walmarts legendary inventory system is a failure when it comes to action figure distribution. They don't get it. Target doesn't either. It's what happens when people who don't love and understand toys are in charge of them.

Star Seekers definitely have less appeal than these last 2 sets, so it might kill these Walmart lines off. I hope we can get more G2, especially all of the Stunticons.

• Like Like x 9
  2. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the Toxitron figures came and went in a matter of a week or two last year here in Ct. Didnt even see most of them at any of the Walmarts around here, and absolutely none of them shelfwarmed at all. (I wish, it would have been nice to have had more of a chance at some.)

The Beast Wars exclusives lingered forever. The Velocitron set had a handful of certain guys who shelfwarmed a little while. Toxitron as a whole disappeared from shelves like a warm day in Winter.

-ZacWilliam, I'm really looking forward to the Pirates. I hope they some up in findable numbers.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    I hope they sum up too. It’d be a shame if they can’t multiply and divide.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Motormaster is going to be the big issue... Commanders aren't very well received by b&m stores. Titans either.

• Like Like x 5
  5. AtomicGarden

AtomicGarden Energon homebrewer

Same. I never saw Sideswipe and Deadend in stores. Mirage and Jazz a few times and literally mountains of Laser Cycle. One time there was like 20 copies, but he was the only deluxe figure ! I saw Cloudcover ince or twice, never Toxitron or Grimlock. But leaders are not a good indicator here, I rarely see leaders. They’re still trying to sell the piles of Legacy Galvatron they have left.

With the Toxitron line over, I hope we’ll see the rest of the G2 Stunticons made somewhere else. And I personally really want the G2 jungle camo seeker and the all black seeker.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G2 Motormaster, if he ever happens, feels like he has to be a Selects toy or a shared Fan-stream exclusive.

There's just no other spot these days for a Commander scale repaint.

-ZacWilliam, can't think of anyplace physical that would take it.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Neko-bot77

News Credits:
    Either he's a commander, and everyone who missed Dead End and Shadowstrip are pissed, or he's a gift set, and everyone who bought Dead End and Shadowstrip are pissed.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    “Face it, we’re pissed.”

:lol 

Actually I wouldn’t care either way as long as they come.

• Like Like x 3
  9. MeGrimlock78

MeGrimlock78 Well-Known Member

I say a decent number of Speedia (including Galaxy Shuttle), but I think the inly Toxitron I saw at my WalMart was Cloud Cover. Who I would've gotten if he was on clearance, 'cause those Repro Labels look sweet.

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Shelf warming? None of Walmarts near me ever even got this line at all! I had to travel to other states hours away to even see any of these things in a store,

• Like Like x 1
  11. Neko-bot77

News Credits:
    This is where a Pulse membership would have paid off...

12. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're all still shelfwarming at Walmarts around me. None of which clearance. One day the shelves are full, the next day they do a reset and they're all gone. Where do they go? I don't care enough to get a job at Walmart to find out.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I have pulse and I got them all from pulse. My sideswipe was damaged and I've been looking for another one since.

I travel a lot. Not just looking for toys.

• Like Like x 1
  14. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

I've never seen Toxitron or Grimlock in store. There are a ton of Cloud Covers and Galvatrons though. There were some Blitzwings for a while, and if I see another I might take it to customer service and see if they will price match it on Pulse.

15. raindance773

Ohhh, gotcha. Right around Christmas there was a clearance end cap that had a bunch of Sandstorms (the scorpion kind, not the G2 jet kind - LOL) and about 40 Masterverse He-Mans (the really beefy animated version - the one with arms as long as his body).

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Toxitron and Grimlock have been constants at the Walmart. They both sold fast on week one then Walmart restocked and there's consistently been at least four of each at the store, even through Christmas. People who wanted them already have them and parents don't seem willing to drop almost 60 bucks on a toy even on holidays right now.

So they're still there. I'm not interested in either but if I manage to score Grimlock on clearance I'll do it. I love the mold but I already have the G1 and SG and I don't feel like I need another deco.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only G2 Stunticon I want is Breakdown for the sake of historical value, but if he gets sold in a gift set, I'd be happy that people had a chance to finish the team.

And I'm with you on the other seekers - I need all the G2 repaints I can get, released figures or not, and I still think G2 Ramjet and Cloudcover are the best uses of the ER Conehead mold so far. They're just so fun looking!

• Like Like x 2
  18. raindance773

I love the Grimlock mold. I have all three and highly recommend it. Never thought I would be a mold collector, though. Funny how that happens.

• Like Like x 5
  19. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

Did Galaxy Shuttle ever make it to Walmart en mass in the states? Walmarts around me had PLENTY of everything else except for him.

Still praying for a Pulse reissue (doubtful) or that someone at my local Walmart finds a case and puts them out (double doubtful). Don’t even get me started on evilBay prices.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Liege Nemesis

Liege Nemesis Snarks about old cartoons

Seems like you guys got Scourge and we in Canada got Galaxy Shuttle. There was a solid 2 months where I saw 2 or 3 GSs on the shelf here almost every single time I visited but I never saw Scourge and he was never available online and that ticked me off because he's the one I really, really wanted (not that I'm unhappy with GS since I sort of glommed onto him like a Boba Fett style character when watching Victory)

• Like Like x 4