Walmart legacy G2 Capsule and retro Reissue images.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I think we can all just agree G2 was a weird period in the brand's history because they didn't definitively mark off "eras" in the franchise as they do now.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2 things:

(1) Doesn't matter as long as I get a G2 Skyquake repaint! And yes G2...

52556934857_cd450f791a_b.jpg

(2) Kup just outlined one of the great Transformers Paradoxes. How some Transformers seem older than others.... or seem to have aged growing wisened beards etc.
    1bCFE7s~2.jpg
    Kup's thought process here really underpins my theory. but nobody cares about my theory.

Add that too
    - Having earth kibble pre Earth
    - Primes Trailer appearances
    - having human centric culture
    - Seats in the pre Earth Vehicles.

• Like Like x 7
  3. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Does it involve a time paradox where future humans came to the past and became Transformers like the Go-Bots were organics who put their brains in robots?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Yes they invent Spark technology to live forever and they lose their memories as Primus where they've become one. Also when you think of G1 pre-earth vehicles imagine that these are their best approximations of vehicles that they could remember, thus they're very simplistic dreamlike.

So if what Kup is saying is true, then he shouldn't even have the idea that Rodimus is younger at all unless he experienced youth.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    -Hot Rod seemed to gain like several thousand years' worth of wisdom and broodingness the instant he took the Matrix

• Like Like x 4
  6. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    The matrix is the only thing that remembers. The matrix is a memory bank, that restores memories and reminds them of their true power. Basically they've forgotten their true power.

Deep AF right?

• Like Like x 7
  7. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    I think the problem is Cybertronians forget to install their Seagate expansion drives.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Funtress0fPaen

Funtress0fPaen Bots are Hairless

If it’s in my possession, it is what I say it is. Hasbro designate Rafraktor is Reflector on my shelf. Rumble Blue is Frenzy in my home and Slicer will look appropriate next to the G2 blood. I know Toxitron won’t be putting up with any correcting from across any boards when he picks his Cube team. TLK deluxe Squeaks will be keeping the team oiled

• Like Like x 3
  9. Saundowaivu

Saundowaivu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps it was because of the two year Gap between U.S. G1-G2 but I always interpreted G2 as taking place in the not-so-distant-to-distant-future. After all the tagline "Generation 2" suggests that a least a generation has passed and when we're dealing with Millenia old nigh immortal robots the timescale becomes wonky at best.

But I attributed their neon color schemes as either the result of high technology or some event changed akin to Nucleon that turned them into Action masters or the Vok weapon that turned the BW crew into Transmetals, something did the same the the G2 crew.

And since hasbro's explanation of Toxitron's sludge creating the neon colors dovetails so well into what I had in my headcanon I just said "Oh, that works perfectly, I'll just adopt that as canon"

And personally, I LOVE the G2 esthetic, I can't get enough of it, and even though I know that all the Euro G1 characters were released during G1 and should be conscidered G1 toys, I have Zero qualms grandfathering them into my headcannon as the G2 versions of themselves. in my headcannon they were still around during G1 but they had different color schemes.
    And even though Machine Wars came out after G2 was over I ignore all fiction and character names and say "Machine Wars Megatron, Megaplex, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Soundwave and Starscream are in fact the Predator Jets, Stalker and Skyquake in their pre-G2ification G1 colors much the same as MW Sandstorm and Optimus are really G1 colored Rotorstorm and Thunderclash.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream With Headmaster Cobra Commander

That is one hollow shoulder gun.

These pictures confirmed my desire to cancel my pre-order for orange Jazz. Money better spent on better figures. I'm happy for those who like this, though.

11. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    That's just a bonus weapon, I bet it's less hollow than it looks, no good pics of his extra weapons.

12. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    If it is indeed the same shoulder launcher Hound comes with, I expect a massive uptick in gap filler sales.

13. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Just focus on the figures and drop the G2 argument, please.

• Like Like x 10
  14. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Fleetway took them a step further with bolder colors, a blue purple and added orange and black accents on Hot Rod.

They also colored G2 characters like some of the Dinobots in G2 toy colors in their original content and generally had a different coloring approach than U.S. reprints.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Betting it's not as hollow as it looks from this angle.

• Like Like x 1
  16. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's okay, in my own head-canon there is no G2. If it bothers me enough, I rebadge to the ''normal'' insignias. They're either new characters or just background fodder, some generic other robots that fill in a scene or have already been blasted.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BWIguanusfan2

BWIguanusfan2 fan of BW Iguanus

YouTube (Legacy):
    I like the g2 autobot and decepticon logos. The autobot logo looks like a cute little Optimus prime face and the decepticon logo is 100% more angular.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    Those are the Marvel American colors. The first several scans are from an American issue with Sarra Mossoff's colors. She followed the same color guides Nel Yomtov did -- the only difference was that colors were bolder in the 90s printing process vs the 80s.

I do not own Fleetway comics. Here is a photo I took of that Marvel issue. 20230320_081902.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It's true the shifts in tone are partly technical but nevertheless they ARE there, as are the extra apps on Hot Rod, and those 'Bots are both sporting the G2 OP-face Autobrand. These are their G2 decos, they just so happen to be closer to the original Marvel ones as they didn't have G2 reissue toys of their own.

Now if we could just get some leaks/listings of the other fellas, please?
    One needs more neon in one's TF collection!

• Like Like x 2