Walmart Is Selling Titans Return Deluxes for $9.88!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Oct 19, 2016.

1. hypno

hypno Well-Known Member

Glad I waited to buy these, I was able to get seven of the deluxes, all but Highbrow, during this sale.

Was hoping to find some CWs deluxes as well during the sale but only came across Swindle.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  2. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In my store only sweeps and blurrs are left. I'm surprised someone didn't get them for troop building

3. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

At times, the reduced price makes it tempting to get a 2nd Hardhead just so I can display him with 2 guns like the vintage toy. But then I snap out of it.

4. Jetfire37

Jetfire37 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey folks

I work at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Ames, Iowa and the $9.88 rollback is permanent. Expect Legends, Voyagers, and Leaders to follow suit down the road. The boxed sets on our website will also see some price changes as well.... G2 sets, Victorian, & Computron---(Coming Soon)!

As of October 24th 2016 we no longer price match guarantee competition. We only price match our own website which does vary from time to time. To make up for the new policy, we are permanently dropping prices all over the store.

There was a nasty price match scam with fake ads and bogus promotional materials that swept the Midwest so that's the reason for the changes.

I was told it will eventually be company-wide so don't be surprised when your neighborhood Wal-Mart store follows suit.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Now, I'm not saying I don't believe you, but some more solid proof would be nice before I get my hopes up.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  6. Ronin35

Ronin35 Herald of Unicron

I purchased two more sweeps at the sell price!!

7. Jetfire37

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Proof? Ask anyone who works for Wal-Mart and they will confirm it... A roll back is a permanent price change. My best friend of 21 yrs whom has worked for Target for 18 yrs. said that our (Wal-Mart) new price points are making Target management nervous. They may follow suit as well though not so drastic. I am not some punk kid... I am 40 yrs old and I work closely with the MS of toys on a daily basis.(Merchandise Supervisor). The proof you seek shall materialize before you as time moves on so enjoy these sick price drops....I too was skeptical till I saw it first hand.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

• Like Like x 1
  9. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe when Leaders get rolled back the Wal-Marts around here can get rid of the CW Seekers they have collecting dust and get some wave 2 TR leaders.

10. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
  11. GreyRouge

GreyRouge The Master of Motors!

News Credits:
    Leesburg, Florida Walmart has them at $9.88

• Like Like x 1
  12. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did the tags read 9.88? The Wal-Mart Closest to me still has them marked at 14 whatever, but they ring up at the new price.

13. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Saw them marked down to $12 at a Walmart here. If they had a Hardhead I would had bought one since the one I have has a number of qc issues.

14. Jetfire37

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From Wave 1 I only picked up Hardhead & Blurr but skipped Skullcruncher & Scourge. I wasnt too impressed with Blurr's abysmal color scheme but at these new low prices I might go ahead and pick up the the 2 wave 1 'cons. From Wave 2 I have only purchased Brainstorm & Highbrow. I don't know if it's a common issue or not but Highbrow has the wobbliest head of the entire Titans line & would love a fix for that. Chromedome was the only G1 headmaster I had as a kid. There are 3 Titans Chromedomes warming the pegs at Walgreens but..... WTF is the purpose of smokey transparent wheels? It's bad enough Hasbro is too lazy to paint the rims most of the time but now we don't even get solid colored wheels? I hope that can be fixed via removal and painted..(Black spray Paint & gold sharpie?). Sorry, end off-topic rant;) 

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  15. Jetfire37

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I read some of the posted response links to my first confirmation of the price drops. Let me again reiterate that we WILL still price match Wal-Mart.com and if any Wal-Mart associate tells you otherwise then they are wrong. The top brass made it very clear that Wal-Mart.com price matching would still be honored as it is essentially keeping it in the company.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BVG573

BVG573 Member

Middlesboro KY's Walmart had a few Hardheads, Scourges and Blurrs on Rollback price when I went last Saturday.

17. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    Excellent news. Hoping this price drop gets those unwanted CW Leader Seekers at my local store out of the way for Sixshot and Overlord.

18. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

Tampa, FL had the wave 1 TR deluxes at $9.88

There was one Leader Blaster at the standard $45 price.

Im crossing my fingers that the other size classes have a price reduction too soon in my area. :) 

19. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Man it so tempting walking into a Walmart and seeing such a low price to just buy up all the Scourges they have and army build a BUNCH of Sweeps to back up my solo Scourge...

But sadly, money is too tight for me to willing spend it on army building... Wave 3 is coming up! (Oh and I have some RWBY stuff I want to buy firstly)

20. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I work at walmart and it is so hard for me not to buy all 4 scourges on the peg. I have no idea how I haven't bitten yet