Walmart exclusive WFC Netflix Series Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    I am selling the partners.

2. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

What are the chances of Hasbro getting a figure as important as Optimus Prime 100% right? I think you have greater odds of getting struck by lightning.

Yeah, that's my least favorite part of this figure. If the red is a 100% match between both versions, I might try and see if I can knock out the pins in the chest area to swap out the windshield to give Netflix Prime the light blue windshield of the first release Optimus.

I personally think the original Earthrise Optimus is more cartoon colored and the Netflix version looks more vintage toy colored. But hey, it's your collection so display the figures as you please.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I wonder if they are pulling back on the effects pieces after the contact problems came to light?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I hope they continue with them but just make them out of hard plastic like the Quintesson judges one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I’m honestly okay with no blast effect until they fix the soft rubber plastic melting thingy, if that’s even solvable.

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Agreed.

7. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    They were able to get purple shoulder joints and elbows on SG OP so it should be theoretically possible for some later version of the mold to have red shoulder joints and red elbows right?

Ratchet only has 2 purple parts on him that appear to be painted so some suggest they may be on different runners FB_IMG_1599930054955.jpg Shattered-Glass-Optimus-Ratchet-04.jpg
    FB_IMG_1599796056285.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  8. PraxiusPrime77

PraxiusPrime77 Wielder of the Matrix of Power

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wish we got to see the battle effects:( 

• Like Like x 1
  9. PraxiusPrime77

PraxiusPrime77 Wielder of the Matrix of Power

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Mod edit: Screencaps added

Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 01.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 02.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 03.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 04.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 05.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 06.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 07.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 08.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 09.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 10.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 11.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 12.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 13.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 14.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 15.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 16.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 17.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 18.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 19.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 20.jpg Netflix War For Cybertorn Deluxe Fed Alert 21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  10. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Take a look at the photo of SG Prime that you posted. Not only are the elbows/shoulders purple, but the hip joints as well. So if they did it in red for Optimus, then the hip joints and his butt will be red too. It's all one mold. There's no way to get the shoulders and elbows red and the hip joints and butt light gray. It sucks that the mold was designed this way. But it is what it is.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Bummer.

12. Cyber Silver

Cyber Silver Obsession personified

YouTube (Legacy):
    We'll it's costing us the same plus this line is mostly repaints anyway so I don't see why they would need to cut corners like this.

13. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    The rear section with the wheels being red is not an issue for me and I'm sure people would be accepting of red hip joints

14. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not crazy about the blue elbow joints and it's too bad that he's missing some of the silver paint apps from the original, but overall I like the colors on Netflix Prime better and the more visible painted eyes, blue inner legs, and all-black gun definitely make me prefer it over the regular Earthrise version. The missing silver parts shouldn't be too hard to paint myself.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Huh. Now I don’t mind that Walmart cancelled my Prime preorder.

16. Alienmorph

Alienmorph Well-Known Member

So far the only two things I'm really annoyed by is how thei're not keeping the weathering effects consistent on all the figures, and the fact they wasted a Leader Class slot for Nemesis Prime. But I believe I can replicate at least some subtle weathering with some good quality sprays, and also I'm getting a bunch of extra weapons and filler pieces to make everyone as nice as they can. We'll see how that turns out.

Also, I was thinking to track down Siege Shockwave to fill Nemesis' spot. Think I should got for that, or that I should wait to see if thei're gonna do a re-release of him in Wave3, maybe as a voyager without the extra spaceship bits?

• Like Like x 1
  17. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What color are Netflix Prime's hands molded in?

They do look glossy and one of our reliable sources said they were painted.

I'm trying to figure out what the hands are gangmolded with.

I'm fairly confident that SG Prime's hands are unpainted -- which may mean he gets the Energon Axe or mace from the Centurion set if I get SG Prime. (I understand the axe is a tight fit that can scrape paint easily so you may want to limit to using it with figures with unpainted hands like Siege OP or SG OP.)

18. RoadCaesar

RoadCaesar Diaclone Clone TFW2005 Supporter

I\'m really enjoying the gradient effects on the torso. 

I\'m of mixed minds over the intent behind the Netflix decos. On the one hand, they seem to be experimenting with atypical visual elements (weathering, damage) above and beyond the simple dry brush look that Siege employed.

On the other hand, there is a great deal of varaviation and inconsistency in the results of bwith Siege and Netflix WFC. 

I don\'t believe that the end results we well-liked by the consumer. As in, I think the consumer generally would have appreciated the line more without the battle damage paint apps. The other option would have been stickers...and that would have been even less appealing due to the detail molding and minimal flat surfaces. Star Wars did that with a micro line back in the early 80s.

19. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    From what I've heard, they're either gang molded with the hips and trailer or the legs.

20. Jakedc1997

Jakedc1997 Well-Known Member

Still want an IDW upgrade kit. Like clip on pieces that go over the chest and shoulders, and a new head. 

• Like Like x 1